Lowering A Gs300

anybody knows or has accomplished this, i want to know how low can i get my 2000 gs300 without having to hear the tires scraping

Well, what size rims do you have to start out with?

I have mine dropped with Tein S. Techs, and I fit my friends 20's on with no problem.

i also havd mine dropped with teins s techs and have 20s. there is only minimal rubbing when i am driving and there may be a little dip or bumb in the road, but that is it. to answer your question about how low you can go, it's really up to whether you willing to live with go through tires as quick as you do your oil change. i've seen a gs in my neighborhood damn near on the ground and he goes through tires quick. you can change our camber adjustments with aftermarkets ones but that will cost more money. the lowest you can drop your car and still be within spec with your factory camber adjustments is about two inches.

• 2 weeks later...

i also havd mine dropped with teins s techs and have 20s. there is only minimal rubbing when i am driving and there may be a little dip or bumb in the road, but that is it. to answer your question about how low you can go, it's really up to whether you willing to live with go through tires as quick as you do your oil change. i've seen a gs in my neighborhood damn near on the ground and he goes through tires quick. you can change our camber adjustments with aftermarkets ones but that will cost more money. the lowest you can drop your car and still be within spec with your factory camber adjustments is about two inches.

I have lower the chassis and installed 20's on my 01 GS 430. The camber has already been adjusted to the max, but still excessive negative camber exists. What aftermarket camber kits are available that will fit?

I have lower the chassis and installed 20's on my 01 GS 430. The camber has already been adjusted to the max, but still excessive negative camber exists. What aftermarket camber kits are available that will fit?

How low are you? How excessive is it? There is a slight neg camber built into the car. It handles better that way.

The bad news is that there is no for sale/marketed camber kit for the 2nd gen GS. I know of a couple that is in testing (and has been for over a year :() but they are not available for purchase yet.

• 1 year later...
Do you guys replace your shocks/struts when you lower you car? Can I just get the springs and be done with it?

yes you can just do it, I just cut my springs, 2 coils in the back and one in the front and it does not rub(but speedbumps are real tough) :wacko:

Does anyone know where to buy used stock springs to return it to orig height?(besides a junkyard or ebay)

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Do you guys replace your shocks/struts when you lower you car? Can I just get the springs and be done with it?

yes you can just do it, I just cut my springs, 2 coils in the back and one in the front and it does not rub(but speedbumps are real tough):wacko:

Does anyone know where to buy used stock springs to return it to orig height?(besides a junkyard or ebay)

Cut springs on a Lexus? Very ricey! I think ebay or junkyards are the only place you're gonna find used stock springs... that is if you can even find them there.

yes you can just do it, I just cut my springs, 2 coils in the back and one in the front and it does not rub(but speedbumps are real tough):wacko:

Cut springs on a Lexus? Very ricey! I think ebay or junkyards are the only place you're gonna find used stock springs... that is if you can even find them there.

yes I actually just cut my springs just to prove to the idiots at work that it could be done, i'm buying eibachs when I find them for less than 200.

• 4 months later...

i bought a set of stock gs300 springs off ebay for 40 bucks with shipping from a guy in florida :D

i cut the front 2coils and the back 1 1/2 coils then smacked the 20's on it no rub still runs good but when i hit a bump it bounces so summer time gs gets dropprd winter gs gets stock spring :lol:post-50751-1189012934_thumb.jpg

so back to the original point,

is two inches the largest drop one can do to a lexus and stay in the camber specs?

For the first gen,

I've seen that Eibach Pro Springs drop 1.2 Front and Rear

Tanabe Springs drop 1.8 F/R

These are the cheapest, but stay within the specs

so back to the original point,

is two inches the largest drop one can do to a lexus and stay in the camber specs?

For the first gen,

I've seen that Eibach Pro Springs drop 1.2 Front and Rear

Tanabe Springs drop 1.8 F/R

These are the cheapest, but stay within the specs

it is hard to say. it really depends on the offset of the wheels you will be using and the size rim and tire.