Lexus Dealership

Well, I finally got around to visiting my local Lexus dealer, Lexus of Northboro, MA.

After a 45 minute wait, I was finally introduced to "Andrew" who knew absolutely nothing about the IS.

They only had 2 in stock, one in the showroom and one out back.

Both were red with Sterling interiors, both with only base option.

No Luxury package, no navigation.

Neither one was available to test drive. (No reason given)

I explained that I wanted the SGM/Black IS 250 AWD with the Luxury/Nav/Mark packages, and I was told "No", that is not available. He couldn't seem to explain why, but said that Lexus only likes to build the IS 250 with base options, and special orders were put on back burners, "Lexus doesn't like special orders"

He also said that it is impossible to get the 250 with the Luxury package, Lexus won't do it.

I explained that I was willing to wait for a special order and he told me it would be 8-12 months!

Why order a 2006 for delivery way into 2007??????

And he knew nothing about the 2007 except that it's $1,500 more.

He knew nothing about the car, was unable to answer any questions, and a letter is being written to the owner of the dealership explaing how disappointed I am.

I was so mad, that I drove straight from there to an Acura dealer. They were closed :angry:

I now have to drive 100+ miles just to test drive and order this car.

I expected better from a luxury car dealership. I've gotten WAY better service and respect from Honda.

Sorry, just wanted to vent.

Well, I finally got around to visiting my local Lexus dealer, Lexus of Northboro, MA.

After a 45 minute wait, I was finally introduced to "Andrew" who knew absolutely nothing about the IS.

I explained that I wanted the SGM/Black IS 250 AWD with the Luxury/Nav/Mark packages, and I was told "No", that is not available. He couldn't seem to explain why, but said that Lexus only likes to build the IS 250 with base options, and special orders were put on back burners, "Lexus doesn't like special orders"

He also said that it is impossible to get the 250 with the Luxury package, Lexus won't do it.

I explained that I was willing to wait for a special order and he told me it would be 8-12 months!

Why order a 2006 for delivery way into 2007??????

And he knew nothing about the 2007 except that it's $1,500 more.

He knew nothing about the car, was unable to answer any questions, and a letter is being written to the owner of the dealership explaing how disappointed I am.

I was so mad, that I drove straight from there to an Acura dealer. They were closed :angry:

I now have to drive 100+ miles just to test drive and order this car.

I expected better from a luxury car dealership. I've gotten WAY better service and respect from Honda.

Sorry, just wanted to vent.

Sad story, I would contact lexus corporate/customer service and let the sh$t slide downhill. Follow up on this every couple of days and document progress. Sounds like you got stuck with a real rookie salesperson. Don't let the human factor disuade you, A lex is worth the wait just not the hassle which is very unfortunate. Good Luck.

Well, with the knowledge I had of this car going into the dealer, it was pretty much a done deal for me anyway.

I knew I wanted one, just wanted to drive it.

I have a hard time ordering a car, and eventually dropping $40,000 on a car I have not yet driven.

But - once I got a good look at it, even with all of the warnings, I was shocked at the size of the back seat.

First and foremost, before anything else, is the comfort and safety of my 3 yr old daughter.

If she fits, the car is sold..... but the meathead sales guy would even let ME drive it, much less let me install a car seat for the little one.

My thought is to move the passenger seat forward to give her room, but there needs to be room in the front for the wife as well.

And let's not even get into what happens if a second shows up in my life.... those baby seats are HUGE!

Anyway, I am sending letters to those above, and hopefully something good comes out of it.

In the meantime, I may go testdrive the old man Toyota Avalon Limited.

Well, with the knowledge I had of this car going into the dealer, it was pretty much a done deal for me anyway.

I knew I wanted one, just wanted to drive it.

I have a hard time ordering a car, and eventually dropping $40,000 on a car I have not yet driven.

But - once I got a good look at it, even with all of the warnings, I was shocked at the size of the back seat.

First and foremost, before anything else, is the comfort and safety of my 3 yr old daughter.

If she fits, the car is sold..... but the meathead sales guy would even let ME drive it, much less let me install a car seat for the little one.

My thought is to move the passenger seat forward to give her room, but there needs to be room in the front for the wife as well.

And let's not even get into what happens if a second shows up in my life.... those baby seats are HUGE!

Anyway, I am sending letters to those above, and hopefully something good comes out of it.

In the meantime, I may go testdrive the old man Toyota Avalon Limited.

There has been some folks that don't like the looks of the new avalon, But it is a hell of alot of car for the $$$ and has good hp and all the bells and whistles. Besides you'll have some $$ leftover for that second carseat. It is also big enough for a family of 4 and a car seat. Let us know what your final decision is. Happy Hunting.

My biggest beef with the Avalon (After excepting the fact that it's not a Lexus, isn't the IS I want, isn't AWD and looks like an old farts car) is that it doesn't have Bluetooth. :cries:

What a shame

My biggest beef with the Avalon (After excepting the fact that it's not a Lexus, isn't the IS I want, isn't AWD and looks like an old farts car) is that it doesn't have Bluetooth.:cries:

What a shame

Have you considered the gs awd ?

I must admit, i kinda like the new avalon, its definately a step up from the previous model. If anything, there are a lot of cars on the market in this segment. You might even want to try the ES 2007 which is coming out...now. lol Its gonna be a great car. Sorry about the lexus experience, i have been to two lexus dealerships in my area and both of them were superb. If neither of these options work, i guess your going to have to drive the 100+ miles out there, in the end, you will be happy that you did

typical Lexus ..................................

Oh come on. Lexus has a stellar dealer satisfaction rating (#1 in the Industry for many years and in the top 3 every year its been in existance) and you know it. This is certainly not "typical Lexus" :rolleyes:

Anyways, unfortunately you've discovered a sad truth. Lexus salespeople are still salespeople, and 70% of all salespeople are totally incompetent. That goes for any industry where you need next to no qualifications to join, and that goes for my own (Real Estate). These 70% never take the time to learn their product or the personal skills neccessary to sell it. All they want to do is make money, and they eventually learn thats not how it works and they go work at McDonalds. Its not Lexus' fault, its the sales manager at that dealership's fault for letting this moron sell cars. All the dealers are independently owned and while Lexus gives them "guidelines", they don't have any control over these types of things.

I would arrange a meeting with the sales manager and tell him that you care only to deal with him in the future. I had the same experience as you did at a Lexus dealer (actually two different dealers). But finally I found a good salesperson and since have met a couple more when I've ben oogling the showroom when I'm in for service.

WOW... I went to Lexus of Northboro a few weeks ago... they didnt have a IS in stock... but I got the same crap about special orders... I was talking to a "Gus Deeb".. He was standing up the whole time looking around like I was second class and just wasting his time... He even told me that a speical order would cost more then MSRP... that Lexus frowns upon dealers doing a special order.... I then called Balise in Springfield... and just by calling... they said they could get me one and would take $2000 off without even asking... I called Gus back... and I told him what they would do being Northboro is 45mins closer hoping they would match it... he said "That sounds like a great deal and you should order it from them"... I was dumb founded....

Overall... from Houston to Mass.... my first lexus experience has been a 5 from a scale of 1-100... I have not seen the IS350 yet... but I just love the car so much... If I was shopping around for a new car... and I didn’t really have a favorite.... Lexus would be at the bottom of the list when it comes to my experience so far.....

As far as venting.... I'm with you.... even the dealership I am working with now... I've called once a day for the past 3 days asking for a update in finding a car and checking on the GS300... I have yet had a call back yet.... I'm laid back... but it would seem 2 me.. that when your forking down $42k-$50k on a car.... a return phone call should be that much 2 ask........

I still love the IS350... on paper anyway....

I've had a great dealer experience ...so far.

Tested an IS350 with salesperson, we were out for half an hour.

After getting back & talking about details. salesperson said...

" That test drive was probably not good enough to get a good feel for the car.

Give me a few days notice & I'll arrange for you to take it home for the weekend" :o

" That test drive was probably not good enough to get a good feel for the car.

Give me a few days notice & I'll arrange for you to take it home for the weekend" :o

Clearly, you and I had different sales people.

I'm sure that if I went in wearing my Sunday's best, with $100s falling out of my pockets, they would have treated me different.

I walked in wearing jeans and was treated like a bum.

Anyway, I went to Toyota last night and checked out the Avalon. The saleman was very friendly, but again, knew nothing about the car. I mentioned that the car did not come with bluetooth and asked if the 07 would have it available, since the 07 Camry does... his answer?

If the '06 Avalon doesn't have the Bluetooth installed, I'll just have the service guys install one" LOL!

Anyway, nice car, but it doesn't give the warm and fuzzies like the IS.

I'm on the search for a new saleguy, and plan on contacting the Sales Manager to see what he can do for me.

The search for my SGM/Black IS 250 AWD with Lux/Nav/Mark continues! B)

Clearly, you and I had different sales people.

I'm sure that if I went in wearing my Sunday's best, with $100s falling out of my pockets, they would have treated me different.

I walked in wearing jeans and was treated like a bum.

LOL... well I was dressed very casual; dockers & a windbreaker...

Maybe it was my G35 that I pulled up in..... :P

I'm sure Infiniti is a target market for Lexus.

Get in touch with the internet sales manager for the dealeship and express your interest. Make an appointment to meet him at the store for a test drive. Let them know you are serious. If you still have problems then go to the general manager.

It mattered less about your appearance and more about the salesman.

But, if you were going shopping for a luxury car why would you ever go in looking worn or tattered? In fact, I never go anywhere looking worn or tattered and I don't have a problem with anyone taking me seriously, even at 23. Don't have a problem being taken seriously at luxury car dealerships or selling seven figure price tag houses...

I don't even own a pair of jeans...seriously I don't. Not to say that jeans always look worn and tattered because thats definately not the case, but appearance plays a huge role in getting you the respect and cooperation you're looking for from people.

Not to say that jeans always look worn and tattered because thats definately not the case, but appearance plays a huge role in getting you the respect and cooperation you're looking for from people.

If I have to wear or act a way that I am not to get respect or cooperation from someone... then I do not need respect or cooperation from that person....

I'm just a simple country boy from Oklahoma... I love my jeans... but I love my cago shorts and flip flops even more.... Yes I wear a suite to a clients office.... a meeting... or somewhere that its required....

But buying a car... be it a Lexus, Nissan or Ford... does not require it...

My thoughts are.... when I am spending money.... I can wear what ever I feel like wearing.......

When I'm trying to sell my services to someone.... then I need to dress for success....

:cheers: << See I even drink Bud Light... not Grey Goose with a Olive... ;)

It mattered less about your appearance and more about the salesman.

But, if you were going shopping for a luxury car why would you ever go in looking worn or tattered?

LOL

I wouldn't call it worn and tattered... just clean and casual.

And I wasn't out shopping for luxury cars.

The fact of the matter is that my wife and I were out for a while, and didn't have our daughter with us. (Shopping for cars with a 3 yr old can sometimes be difficult)

The dealership is 45 miles away from my house and we just happened to be in the area and they were open... so I swung in.

I know that these sales people have to do a little bit of profiling when someone walks in, if for no other reason, to avoid the idiots who just pop into dealerships to testdrive and beat on new cars.

-But-

I waited 45 minutes just to talk to someone, that should have shown my interest.

I knew more about the cars than he ever will, that should have shown my interest.

I'm dropping almost $30,000 down to avoid high monthly payments, that should have shown my interest.

The sales guy was an idiot, and he has lost my sale.

I'm waiting to hear back from the sales manager and I'll go from there.

I wouldn't call it worn and tattered... just clean and casual.

Then your dress wasn't an issue I'm sure.

I know that these sales people have to do a little bit of profiling when someone walks in, if for no other reason, to avoid the idiots who just pop into dealerships to testdrive and beat on new cars.

Actually you'd be shocked what people who are actually looking to transact hig dollar business look like LOL. I've learned never to judge any book by its cover. A good salesperson can tell someone's true intentions after a few minutes of conversation.

The sales guy was an idiot, and he has lost my sale.

I'm waiting to hear back from the sales manager and I'll go from there.

Do doubt he was, and he should loose your sale.

If I have to wear or act a way that I am not to get respect or cooperation from someone... then I do not need respect or cooperation from that person....

I'm just a simple country boy from Oklahoma... I love my jeans... but I love my cago shorts and flip flops even more.... Yes I wear a suite to a clients office.... a meeting... or somewhere that its required....

But buying a car... be it a Lexus, Nissan or Ford... does not require it...

I'm not saying you have to wear a suit, but if you want to be taken seriously by people in any context, especially one where money (and lots of it) is involved, you have to look a certain way. Casual slacks and a shirt work, trust me. Even cargo pants and flip flops work around here. You can't walk in wearing slippers, overalls, and chewing on a peice of straw and expect a Lexus salesman to take you seriously though. Time is money, and you look like a waste of time that way. I'm not saying thats right, but its the way things are. They get dicked around and their time wasted by so many people and then sold up the river because someone else can sell them the car for $400 less because that salesman doesn't have to spend any time with them since you've already sold them on the car. It makes a lot of salespeople bitter and negative about people.

The good news is the reverse is also true. If you ever go into a store or a car dealership or an open house and just want to look and not be bothered, wear slippers, overalls, and chew on a peice of straw LOL

Then there's always the story about the old farmer in bib overalls with manure on his shoes who walked into a car store. He was, of course, ignored by most of the salesmen. Then a young new salesman walked over and asked to help the old guy. The farmer said "I want that car" and proceeded to whip out a roll of money that would choke a horse.

Bad Sales people! Maybe these salesman were tanking it, maybe the owner treats them bad or something. Good salesman will sell anything to anyone, never turn down a deal. The 2006 IS models are selling themselves as my salesman told me, doesn't take much effort from them. The only way to get the car is to order them, not like it's a huge stock sitting somewhere. Guess some salesman are just bad.

Bad Sales people! Maybe these salesman were tanking it, maybe the owner treats them bad or something. Good salesman will sell anything to anyone, never turn down a deal. The 2006 IS models are selling themselves as my salesman told me, doesn't take much effort from them. The only way to get the car is to order them, not like it's a huge stock sitting somewhere. Guess some salesman are just bad.

I just got a reply from the Sales Manager in an email, and she appologized for my experience on Sunday.

She wanted me to call her back to discuss what happened in detail, and to help me find my car, but now I'm playing phone tag :blink:

I have a few days off on the end of the month. I'm trying to set up an appointment to test drive one then.

Can't wait to drive this thing B)

I just got a reply from the Sales Manager in an email, and she appologized for my experience on Sunday.

She wanted me to call her back to discuss what happened in detail, and to help me find my car, but now I'm playing phone tag :blink:

I have a few days off on the end of the month. I'm trying to set up an appointment to test drive one then.

Can't wait to drive this thing B)

did you get his name? was his name Gus?

Then there's always the story about the old farmer in bib overalls with manure on his shoes who walked into a car store. He was, of course, ignored by most of the salesmen. Then a young new salesman walked over and asked to help the old guy. The farmer said "I want that car" and proceeded to whip out a roll of money that would choke a horse.

Oh yeah, thats why I never judge a book by its cover lol. Most people do though...

:D

Yea...I had a lady walk into my office talking about investing money into a retirement account. She drove up in a old beat up rusty car. My first thought was that she did not have a $1 to her name. After spending some time with her going over some different annuities she pulled out a statement from investment account and wanted it set up to receive monthly payments from a interest paying account. She had already lost 10,000 with that account. We set up a guaranteed SPIA for her... The balance on her statement was over $70,000. That was a good reminder never pre judge a sale! I have always tried not to pre judge anyone...but honestly it is hard not to sometimes. You feel like you are losing money spending time with some people...and you could be...