Beat A Porsche Boxster S!

i actually beat a porsche boxster s yesterday! i was driving home, and we were both stopped at a red light in front of the freeway entrance. the freeway entrance was right in front of us, and as soon as we enter the freeway entrance, the two lanes merge into one about 200 feet down the line, and this entire part from the freeway entrance is downhill, and as the lanes merge into one, the entrance curves to the right. i got a better jump off the green light, and the downhill part helped me, and the biggest thing was that i was on the right side, so as the lane merged, the porsche had to slam on its brakes so that it wouldn't hit my rear end... but i guess the guy was mad, as soon as we got in the freeway, i got stuck behind a van, and the porsche blew by me with itz engine revving all crazy hehe, ok, just wanted to share my adrenaline pumping experience yesterday B)

That's awesome. He's probably on the Porsche board right now complaining that he got beat down by a Lexus Executive Sedan (aka ES) :D

The funny part is, I've driven the boxster and boxster S before, and you have to really drive them hard to get power out. W/ our Lexus, just put the pedal down and it's got a very drivable power curve w/ respects to hp and torque. The boxster has to have the revs up before it really comes alive.

LONG LIVE LEXUS! :cheers:

im sure the guy won't mention it to anyone,would you in his shoes? i love lexus cars....no matter what happens in the end, they are some hot looking cars, minus the few ugly colors ;)

and i don't like porsche cars...just not this gal's style.

there was some jerk in a honda del sol yesterday, i kicked his !Removed! though, even with a busted transmission.....stupid little pos car.....first time i ever did anything like that (Minus that integra once..and all the cars Eve and i took out)..i don't really know what's whaton the road (engine wise) just body style.....

Road test of the Porsche Boxster:

0 - 60 Acceleration (sec): 5.8

1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 14.3 @ 99.9

Road Test of the '02 Lexus ES300:

0 - 60 (sec): 8.6

1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 16.6@84.4

Something wrong here!!! <_<

Slow with style, definately like that LOL.

ES actually stands for "Executive Sedan" think of it this way, why would Toyota put the word economy near any Lexus? ;)

It breaks down like this:

LS- Luxury Sedan

GS- Grand Sport

ES- Executive Sedan

IS- International Sedan

LX, GX, and RX dont stand for anything, but are meant to "impart emotions of luxury" :rolleyes:

Thats straight from the Lexus site, even the "impart emotions of luxury" bit :D

Road test of the Porsche Boxster:

0 - 60 Acceleration (sec):  5.8 

1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 14.3 @ 99.9

Road Test of the '02 Lexus ES300:

0 - 60 (sec):  8.6 

1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 16.6@84.4

Something wrong here!!!   <_<

amf1932,

Great stats. Have you ever seen how they have to drive those cars to get that kind of acceleration out of them....especially manuals. They will do whatever it takes to squeez out more time, including burning the clutch...most people would NEVER drive there car like they do.

It's possible that if a lexus got the jump on a manual transmission boxster and the guy isn't a professional driver (which most people aren't), he would be more in the 7 or 8 second 0-60, which would make for a much more competitive race... B)

Plus....to top it off, we aren't going 0 to 60, I believe the person said we were only going 200 feet which would put it more in the rhelm of 0 - 30 MPH race. I dont' know the stats, but my lexus goes like hell from 0-30 and I know the boxster doesn't. I beat one in my 1997 Toyota tacoma V6 from 0-30.

I've driven the boxster and boxster S, it could happen if the guy isn't absolutely ready. They just don't have low-end torque. You have to drive the crap out of it to get those acceleration numbers you displayed. This means that Boxster must not have brought the RPMs up to the much needed 5000 to 7000 for a good launch.

Just my 2 cents...

:cheers:

Lexus rocks, Porsche blows....plus even if you win in a Boxster, there's no back seat to haul around the fans. :P

Y'all crack me up! I seriously thought before I found this website that I was the only disrespectful punk who ever raced people in a car such as a Lexus ES300! Wow, was I ever wrong! :lol: While everyone's on the topic though, I was wondering what is the quickest, easiest, and as always with me, cheapest engine mod to better that miserable 0-60 in 8.6 B.S.? <_< (I'm not saying that stat's not true, just pathetic is all). I was thinking custom cold air intake (mostly for the aggressive sound, not for tremendous performance benefits) and maybe one of those Tornado things for my intake. Anyone ever tried one of those?

Tornado things? Sounds like a "rice" part to me. Something that costs money, but adds no benifit whatsoever and may in some time decrease performance.

Unless you're talking about turbo, supercharger, or something proven, most parts will make your car slower, less reliable, or less drivable. Leave performance up to the professional Lexus engineers. If you want performance, put 93 octane it in and keep the car maintained well.

As I see it, you have two options for modifying a car.

1. All out engine mod where you have a plan and expect to pay big money.

2. Leave the engine as it is.

I opt for option 2, as it it much more affordable.

of course, I may be wrong and that "tornado thing" might be an inexpensive part that Lexus didn't think about... :lol:

Oh, and racing a stock Lexus ES is one thing...trying to make it a sports car is another. I would save your money for a down payment on a GS or and IS. Something born to be sporty.

again though....just my 2 cents :whistles:

:cheers:

Tornado is not worth it, save the money for dinner and a movie.

If it was, don't you think everyone would make it their first engine mod. I can safely say, I know no one that has one, nor have I ever read anything positive about it.

Other than what is thrown at you on the infomercial

sj

Porsche blows? Come on! They're some of the most hevily engineered and most refined sports cars out there. I'm not saying the Boxster necc., but to say all of Porsche blows is total automotive blasphemy.

To even compare Lexus and Porsche is rediculous as they dont make the same types of vehicles. Thats like saying BMW rules, Kia sucks! Its a rediculous statement that has no meaning whatsoever.

As I said, one of the only ways you could beat a Boxster in an ES is if the guy couldn't drive it, for example, his shift times were off or he was caught off guard. Not saying anything bad about the ES, but its just not a fast car, and definately not as fast as a Porsche.

Oy vey :rolleyes:

well since were on the racing talk you know i have to put my 2 sence in!lol!the es does have pep but by no means is it a sports car even as much as i wanted it to be!i was going to go all out and waist money buying a supercharger and having it customized to fit and then exuast etc etc..but then i decided to buy the gs 400 and wow what a difference!if you want speed save up your money and have the best of both worlds witch is luxary and speed in the gs400.i still love my es and like to cruise around in it still but now when im in the mood for more speed i hop in my gs!i did however beat a good amount of cars with my es.lots of rice burners and some semi sports cars but nothing heavy.and as for the porshe i think he just didnt know how to drive it because if he revved it up and gunned it he would of blew by you like you were sitting in a parking lot.regular boxter maybe it would be closer but s type no way but who would want them ugly cars!lexus is much prettier!

I'de like to retract my statement "Porsche Blows" and replace it w/ "Boxster Blows"

Common, I've read all the articles, the boxster looks good on paper, but I've driven it...nothing special.

B)

Aaaand, I'd have to agree w/ bbsal, the Lexus looks way better than the Box.

My intentions aren't to try and make my ES a sports car. I know that would never happen. I was just wondering if anyone had ever used or heard anything about the Tornado. Now that I've heard, I'm not gonna get one. You're definitely right about the amount of expertise involved in the making of these cars, and you're right that some $75 part from Napa won't make some amazing difference in performance. Good idea on the down payment on an IS too! :lol: But if I get a scholarship to college, my dad said he just may buy me one! That'd be nice! B)