Strange Smell.

VMF

Every time i start my car i can smell a very strange smell while its heatin up. i dont even know how to describe the smell. smth like a !Removed! but with sweetness. it appears only for 1-2 mins and then its gone until the next cold start.

what could that be? catalist?

Uh oh, from my experience, sweet smells usually involve anti-freeze. You might want to check that there isn't a leak. The splash pan actually prevents stuff from dripping, especially if it's minor. Just check to be sure. Just a thought from years of broken cars.

the smell might be from the a/c being on when the car was shut off last

it is usually mildew growing on the core

try a can of a/c anti bacterial spray or just lysol and spray it in the vent on the passenger side of the windsheild

with the a/c on and at full blast for heat and spray

you may have to repeat this about 3 times over a few days to clear it up

the smell is outside of the car in the garage when i stand next to the car. the radiator is ok, i didnt even add fuel for last couple of month and its still on the same max level. as to AC smell yeah it smells like old sox when i turn it on and replacin the air filter for AC didnt help. but its a different story. i will deal with bacterias as well