Is350 Issues Anyone?

I have a brand new IS350 and have noticed a few problems. This is my first Lexus and I'm somewhat disappointed that I'm already experiencing some rattles and buzzing sounds in the dashboard. It's hard to figure out where exactly but it's the front left and right side.

I've also noticed the notorious problems that BMW used to have with the front wheels turning black. I assume this is break dust. I'm experiencing the same thing. I clean the wheels on the weekend and by Tuesday/Wednesday they are completely black.

Anyone else have similar problems/issues with the IS350?

thanks

Most owners I know have reported some brake dust, but not really all that serious. We think it's the high performance pads. I've known the German cars to do that too.

So far I have no squeeks or rattles. You might want to make sure you have nothing in your glove box etc and then get someone to ride with you to try and locate the rattles. They can be very deceptive. I had a noise in my IS300 and thought for sure it was in the console. Finally I found a loose screw in the overhead light by the sunroof controls. Noises get transmitted around and are very hard to locate.

Some have also complained about the rearview mirror vibrating, especially when they are playing loud music with lots of bass.

no issues for me either. I've had mine for 2 weeks now and I have no complaints. THe wheels stay clean if you wash the car frequently. ;)

I wash my car every week and now the Lexus dealership does it for me for free. I do this on Saturday. On Sunday I polish the front and back wheels and by early week the front wheels are completely black. Looks really bad ... otherwise I guess nothing wrong...

I also think the particular design they picked for the wheels isn't the best. I had a G35 Coupe and the wheels were much easier to clean and maintain. The layout of the spokes on this particular wheel they picked make it hard to clean the outside and in particular the inside ( must be the larger rotors used ).

I've owned my IS350 for about 6 weeks now. It is still the best car I've owned. I have very little brake dust. No rattles, shakes, or anomallies. Lexus is adding the 'Gold Kit' to my IS next week (they Gold plate all the emblems front and rear). :D (from Dr Ken)

I have a brand new IS350 and have noticed a few problems. This is my first Lexus and I'm somewhat disappointed that I'm already experiencing some rattles and buzzing sounds in the dashboard. It's hard to figure out where exactly but it's the front left and right side.

I've also noticed the notorious problems that BMW used to have with the front wheels turning black. I assume this is break dust. I'm experiencing the same thing. I clean the wheels on the weekend and by Tuesday/Wednesday they are completely black.

thanks

I have an IS250, and the brake dust is acceptable. I'm used to BMW as well, I guess. However, the rattles are driving me nuts in this car. I've got one in the seatbelt area on the passenger side. And, yes, the rearview mirror vibrates when I play my music too loud. But so far, the engine is holding up great (10,000 miles almost already). Lexus has been great as far as service.

One question: should the overhead hand-holder thing have come off when my husband was pulling on it?? He was just moving around in the car, using it to adjust, and it half came out of the roof of the car! Lexus has the part on order, but it seems to be a safety issue to me. Should I be concerned? Now I have to take it in as well due to the recall of the accelerator pedal.........

thanks

I have an IS250, and the brake dust is acceptable. I'm used to BMW as well, I guess. However, the rattles are driving me nuts in this car. I've got one in the seatbelt area on the passenger side. And, yes, the rearview mirror vibrates when I play my music too loud. But so far, the engine is holding up great (10,000 miles almost already). Lexus has been great as far as service.

One question: should the overhead hand-holder thing have come off when my husband was pulling on it?? He was just moving around in the car, using it to adjust, and it half came out of the roof of the car! Lexus has the part on order, but it seems to be a safety issue to me. Should I be concerned? Now I have to take it in as well due to the recall of the accelerator pedal.........

LOL! im pretty sure that should not have come off. it was not properly installed im guessing. Are you talking about the handle above every window?i wouldnt say its a safety condition since those things are not that heavy. lol im pretty sure it wont fall down on itself and land on your head and cause you to faint, thus resulting in loss of control of the car etc. lol :rolleyes:

thanks

LOL! im pretty sure that should not have come off. it was not properly installed im guessing. Are you talking about the handle above every window?i wouldnt say its a safety condition since those things are not that heavy. lol im pretty sure it wont fall down on itself and land on your head and cause you to faint, thus resulting in loss of control of the car etc. lol :rolleyes:

"Safety issue," as in my husband was using the handle in his Mercedes Benz when I crashed into someone at 40 mph, and it held. Yes, the handle above each door is what I'm talking about.

Huh?

Huh what?

Huy, as in, what are you talking about? Perhaps some more details as to hos this handle caused accident or injury.

It hasn't caused injury. I'm worried about in the future, if I'm in a car accident, and somebody is holding onto it, and it doesn't hold then........it's been fixed as of today.

Brake dust..... Yes I have lots of brake dust. This just tells me I'm having lost of fun driving the thing. THe dust is due to high friction pads versus semi metalic ones that other manufacturers use. As for any other issues. When I play music loudly, 50% of the time, the trunk deck rattles due to the bass. I will be seeing Lexus soon on that.

• 2 months later...

I've had my IS350 for about a month now and a small spot about 4 inches in length suddenly appeared under the gas cap door. (looks like maybe something dripped and ran down, but only a few inches) The dealership said it seems to be some sort of defect in the clear coat, and said he had seen it on other earlier models in the same color. My car is white. Has anyone had similar problems with paint or clear coat?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

thanks

"Safety issue," as in my husband was using the handle in his Mercedes Benz when I crashed into someone at 40 mph, and it held. Yes, the handle above each door is what I'm talking about.

Actually, folks the poster is talking about the "O-Jesus" handles above the doors on all door xcept the drivers.

You know, the handles you grab when someone is driving like a lunatic and you yell "O-Jesus"

Actually, the techical term is a dowager (pronouned dow-ag-r) strap

• 4 weeks later...

Only had one problem with my 06 IS350, and its a bit embarasing. Hopefully someone else who does this can learn from my errant ways.

Less than 300 miles on the car, and the little red warning triangle lights up, the air pressure sensor light began to flash, and the system message is saying "Check Sytem." Having just left the freeway, I pulled over and inspected the tires, and checked the air pressure with an actual gague. Nothing wrong. The manual says that this combination of lights and messages indicates a system malfunction and to take the car to the dealer.

So, being a first time Lexus and first-time luxury car owner, I naturally run straight to the dealer. Problem with the car? No, not really. Problem with the owner (or rather the owner's father that was messing with all the cool buttons). The Tire Pressure Monitor selection was set to the "2nd" position, which I presume is for a second set of wheels (perhaps for those folks that live in areas where two sets of wheels would be required for driving in actual winter weather). Needless to say, it took the dealer all of 15 seconds to fix. I was pretty embarassed at the whole situation.

My only question about the whole thing was why it took so long for the light to come on after the setting was changed.

Only had one problem with my 06 IS350, and its a bit embarasing. Hopefully someone else who does this can learn from my errant ways.

Less than 300 miles on the car, and the little red warning triangle lights up, the air pressure sensor light began to flash, and the system message is saying "Check Sytem." Having just left the freeway, I pulled over and inspected the tires, and checked the air pressure with an actual gague. Nothing wrong. The manual says that this combination of lights and messages indicates a system malfunction and to take the car to the dealer.

So, being a first time Lexus and first-time luxury car owner, I naturally run straight to the dealer. Problem with the car? No, not really. Problem with the owner (or rather the owner's father that was messing with all the cool buttons). The Tire Pressure Monitor selection was set to the "2nd" position, which I presume is for a second set of wheels (perhaps for those folks that live in areas where two sets of wheels would be required for driving in actual winter weather). Needless to say, it took the dealer all of 15 seconds to fix. I was pretty embarassed at the whole situation.

My only question about the whole thing was why it took so long for the light to come on after the setting was changed.

The car needs to be driven for a few miles (10-15) before the computer recognizes the "set" pressure and adjusts accordingly and the system "resets" or "recalibrates" . Obviously, something was askew and the lights illuminated telling you "Houston, you have a problem"

Small problem with my new IS350:

Washer fluid won't come out of the main jets. The headlamp washers work fine, but pulling the wiper control upwards causes the wipers to activate but the windshield stays dry. I don't hear any kind of pump trying to push the fluid out, and I have checked that the fluid is topped off.

Probably a no-brainer 'take it in' situation, but perhaps someone has a no-brainer 'try this' solution?

Thanks,

Jason

dude, it is under warranty. Take it in, eat their donuts, drink their coffee and be comfortable.

But before you take it in, check fuse, it may be two different spray motors. Also, stand by the engine bay with the hood up and have someone else give it a squirt. See if there is any fluid spraying in the engine bay.

A hose may have come disconnected.

steviej