Flaming Monarch

sha4000

ive been on the forums for quite a while and just would like to know why everyone jumps all overmonarch as soonas he makes a comment?I undersatand that he might beannoying to certain individuals even though i cant see why, except for the fact that he seems like hes a spokesperson for toyota.Is that really a reason to discredit everything he says?Im not for or against this guy it just bothers me a little when i read a thread that hes posted in and ppl turn it into a "lets get monarch thread" and the original post gets forgotten.

This is not a good idea.

you wanna know? PM me. Ill tell you. He offended me. he did it publicly and openly on a forum. he offended me and every person who ever defended or does defend this country. as such, i have no desire to associate with him. none whatsoever. he is on my permanent ignor list on this site. and he was banned form the other site because of what he said to me.

i dont think the thread should be locked until i can better understand why this is done. army i will pm you, but i cant pm everyone. so if anyone has an answer thats not too over the top or childish i would like to know. it seems to me if ppl dont like this guy then dont respond to his post its as simple as that. i dont understand why ppl claim hes this or that but feed the fire by going back and forth with him, which turns the thread into a "you dont know what your talking about and i dont like you anyway thread".When i read a thread that hes posted in its more about ppl arguing with him than what the thread is originally about.Ifi dont like or get along with a person i say my peace and keep it moving.

The crux of the matter is that "monarch" dispenses (some would say preaches) more incorrect and sometimes blatantly moronic advice on this forum than all of the other members combined.

That's fine (and can actually be quite entertaining) with folks who are experienced and knowledgeable about general vehicle maintenance and repair, but it is very misleading and sometimes dangerous to deliver incorrect and stupid advice to first-time neophytes who are finding their way to these forums asking for help with a particular problem or issue and have no way of recognizing valuable information vs. potentially dangerous information.

I have no desire to "flame" monarch, but whenever my bull*BLEEP* detector goes off after reading another one of his idiotic posts, I'm going to warn folks about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but dispensing blatantly wrong maintenance or repair advice to defenseless car-care rookies should not be tolerated by any of these forums.

STAY ON TOPIC OR BE WARNED

THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED

This post has been edited by SKperformance: Today, 02:01 PM

Ya didn't have to delete the whole post SK, just the pic. It was on topic, but thanks for the pm. btw the post above says his advice is "more incorrect and sometimes blatantly moronic advice", not mine LoL!

Like I said.

I disagree with monarch on a lot of stuff, but I try not to flame him... Normally we both simply disagree with each other & explain why we both think the other person is wrong; sometimes at length. Then again... We do agree sometimes...

This thread should be locked, it's both bad taste & really !Removed!. It should be a private matter, not a public one. People shouldn't be brought to a public trial, or anyone made a marter.

happythread.jpg

best_thread_ever_by_homer.jpg

Edited by Toysrme

I enjoy 'Monarch's' posts! They are usually well written, and as said before, most postings from any members are generally their opinions. Isn't that what messageboards are all about....OPINIONS? :whistles:

why should this be personal when you guys choose to bicker in a public forum over someone elses OPINION. I really take offense to you calling this thread !Removed! b/c im about as thorough a cat as your ever going to find and if you dont know what i mean by that we can leave it right there. Anyway i personally havent read any posts by this guy that are blatantly incorrect, it just seems like he has shares in toyota if you ask me. ive read plenty of posts were ppl ont know jack but still offer advice and no one starts slinging mud

There's absolutely no reason for this to be on the public forums and no good can come of this so I'm closing it.

If anyone has suggestions or opinions on the way the site is run or the way certain members are treated our PM boxes are always open.