What To Use To Get Stain Off Chrome Wheels?

My friend has mitsubishi chrome wheels. He sprayed on some all wheel cleaner and forgot to wash it off. It stained his wheel and he couldn't find anything to take it off. I bought a can of eagle one Nevr-Dull wadding polish for all metals. It is basically a can stuffed with cotton soaked in petroleum distillates. It rubbed the stain off like :chairshot:

I personally wouldn't use the Nevr Dull on the wheels unless I knew exactly where they came from. The Nevr Dull is a great product for cleaning metal, it can't be beat. However, certain chrome wheels (Like the ones Lexus uses from the factory) are actually clearcoated like the paint, and the Nevr Dull will destroy the clear coat. I would try and use a claybar, a strong paint cleaner etc before I would try the Nevr Dull.

first question is it original chrome from lexus

as i only know of the coach edition having chrome rims from lexus

and second are you sure it is even chrome and not polished rims

looks much shinier than aluminum

but not as much as chrome which is a almost perfect mirror finish

Lexus does an original factory chrome package. Costs $1700, depending on the market its fairly common. Southern cars actually almost always have chrome, Florida, Georgia etc. Around here, its rare. Its easy to tell though. Take the wadding polish and do a little inconspicuous area, if the cloth turns black when you rub it, then they're not clearcoated and they're not Lexus factory original.

Another good way to tell is the spare tire (depending on whether its on the same rim, or a temporary spare, now they're all on the same rim), usually aftermarket companies dont bother chroming the spare, from Lexus, its chrome too.

Thats going to be the same as the wadding polish though. Unsafe if the wheel is clearcoated.

If its clearcoated, then you can't use anything on it you wouldnt use on the paint.

could try mother chrome polish.it works wonders on my rims.i used the never dull stuff before but dont come close to the shine of the mothers polish.im not sure if a polish will help your problem though.you could try a bug and tar remover.beleave it or not that stuff works great on alot of things and some are safe on clear coats

The Mother's polish would probably be safe whether they're clearcoated or not.

My advice is to try something like a tar remover first, maybe a claybar or a paint cleaner.