Clear Side Bumper Markers

I bought clear side markers last year on ebay from a seller named "makotoautotrends". They lasted one year and the lens fell off and the bulb burned out. I would not recommend any lens from them. I need to replace them who makes a good quality aftermarket clear side marker/bumper lens?

I bought clear side markers last year on ebay from a seller named "makotoautotrends".  They lasted one year and the lens fell off and the bulb burned out.  I would not recommend any lens from them.  I need to replace them who makes a good quality aftermarket clear side marker/bumper lens?

I got some from Lextasy and they were crap. I got my money back on them, by the way. They were the cheapest auto parts I think I have ever seen, worse than some of the stuff you get at the Zone or Pep Boys. Very disappointed. I still have my factories in.

If I can't have Lexus quality parts, I don't want them on my car.

I bought clear side markers last year on ebay from a seller named "makotoautotrends".  They lasted one year and the lens fell off and the bulb burned out.  I would not recommend any lens from them.  I need to replace them who makes a good quality aftermarket clear side marker/bumper lens?

I like the obx. they have the obscured glass look like factory, but clear color.

clear_side_002reduce.JPG

I like the obx. they have the obscured glass look like factory, but clear color.

clear_side_002reduce.JPG

u mean http://www.obxracingsports.com Have you had any problems with them? How long have you had them?

They are all made exactly the same.

They are made by a company in taiwan called sonar who makes normal and clear aftermarket headlight taillight and signal housings.

They all have to sealed before install from being produced cheaply especially when compared to the OEM stanley lenses.

Just take some clear silicone and seal the bead around the lens and housing and it will keep from moisture build up as well as falling off.

The bulb part is just like anythign else they will eventually fail.

I bought clear front turn signal lenses from Makoto Auto Trends about a year and a half ago (off of e-Bay) and have had no problems with them at all.  They really update the look of the front end of my 97 LS.

Maybe I just got a bad set. All I know is that they where junk. There is always a bad apple in every bunch.

There is no quality assurance and testing from sonar which is why they produce so many at such a cheap rate.

Sonar sells them for like $1.50 raw when you buy 1000 peices which is then boxed and resold for $25-35 or more.

So any clear lens from any company is going to come from them unless the are a special order rom anothe company which is rare but does happen with Junction produce and other VIP JDM brands but $1000 is easy to spend on there products which meet factory finishes.

The only reason the lens fell off is it had less acrylic than most.

I have never found one of there lenses to actually be sealed with acrylic all the way around the edges ,it always has gaps and clumps.

I bought clear front turn signal lenses from Makoto Auto Trends about a year and a half ago (off of e-Bay) and have had no problems with them at all.  They really update the look of the front end of my 97 LS.

Maybe I just got a bad set. All I know is that they where junk. There is always a bad apple in every bunch.

are the side markers supposed to light up? mine never lights up? when do they usually light up?

I have a Ford Focus SVT that I put clear side markers on and they looked as good as the day I put them on. They have been on the car for about 5 years now. There has never been any condensation in the lens. Put then again they are recessed into the bumper too. I wish I could remember who I bought them from?