How Much Is My Rx330 Worth?

LexKid630

Someone at work is interested in my 2004 Rx330 and is willing to pay $30,000 for it.

I was actually thinking of selling it, and adopting our rx300 that was going to belong to my 15 year old daughter next year. Since my rx330 has 73,293 miles on it as of today, and the 300 only has 35,477 i figured i'd rather sell the rx330. Plus we just moved into our new house so $30,000 would certainly help!

Also since we just moved, my wife and i won't have to drive SO many miles to work. And since we sold the BMW and Mercedes all the miles have been on the LS and RX330 for the past few months. We used to put around 42,000+ miles on the Lexus's and ~15,000 on the other cars per year. We have gone from over 230 miles a day to ~150 miles a day. I'm guessing we won't hit 37,000 total miles/year compared to 58,000 miles..I'd say that's pretty good!

What do you think i should do? Is $30,000 too low?

-2004 Rx330

-AWD

-Dark blue exterior

-Ivory Interior

-Wood steering wheel + shift knob

-Navigation

-DVD

-Rear Camera

-AFS

-73,293 miles

-interior still has new car smell, no smokers have ever driven this car.

-some small rock chips on the front hood + bumper

-headlights recently polished with plastic scratch remover, look great!

-leather is in "average" condition even though the drivers seat bottom has a diff shade of tan than the passenger side (you can't tell unless it's pointed it out).

-scratch ~6 inches long showing primer on drivers door

-shopping cart ding on drivers side rear passenger door (gotta blame my wife!) LOL

-vertical scrape on rear bumper corner showing some primer

-minor rock chips in the windshield.

-some ring marks on the steering wheel, and some stitches are loose on the wheel. Leather is somewhat "cut" in a few places too from ring marks. Also there is a little black i can't remove on the leather part of the wheel (worn away). The L on the center of the steering wheel is scraped as well.

-NOTHING has ever gone wrong with this car. It has been serviced regularly.

Other than that, the car is in EXCELLENT working condition except for the "minor" burning smell from the heat vents sometimes. Not a big deal though.

Tell me what you think...

Along with Kelly Blue Book, check on Ebay and see what other Lexi similar to yours go for. 30K sounds like a good starting point for you Lexus. In the Atlanta area RXs with less miles and less wear start at 32-34K.

I just checked a few 04 rx330's at my Lexus dealer for CPO's. Only a few that have the Nav etc. and none with as many miles as mine does. They're priced at ~$37,000.

but who knows what they people trading them in for for them...

And i can't get a straight answer out of kbb....it's telling me high 20's!!??

and in ebay prices are all over the place....anywhere from high 20's to high 30's

Dealer prices are alway high. My Lexus dealer was asking $45K for the Lexus I bought.

FWD, NAV, rear seat Ent Sys, MarK Levinson, towing package, chrome 18s, 14k miles, pristine interior and exterior. I bought it for $35k.

If you are selling the car yourself, use the Prvate Party KBB values. When using Ebay make sure you see the final selling price. These are just guides and prices differ depending on your location and demand.

If you aren't in a hurry, start at $32K and see how many nibbles you get and adjust from there.

Well i called around and no one will give me more than ~$32,000 for it (that's without looking at it), so i can imagine what they will give me when they see all the scratches etc.

Soooooo i'm going to sell it to him tomorrow afternoon. He's been wanting it for a while and i can tell he wants the AWD before we get any more snow...

Since he is a friend i'll go for $30,000. Not like i will ever see all 30 for a while, LOL but it's a friend.

Thanks for your help, i thought it was really worth more...

30k and its easy, if you're looking to sell it I'd take that.

If you really think about it, $14,000 in depreciation for 2 years and 75,000 miles isn't that bad, thats $0.17 a mile.

True! I'm not losing "that" much... Never thought about it that way.

At least i don't have to buy a new car to replace it. I thought i was going to have this rx for a lonnnggg time :unsure:

Oh well!!

Right, everyone gets so worked up about getting "what its worth" when they don't realize that "what its worth" isn't a static thing, it changes depending on the moment.

I see it everyday as a realtor, I see sellers balk at taking an offer for $10,000 below their asking price when their carrying costs are $5k a month. 3 months later when they get their price they're thrilled they "held out". In fact, thay're $5000 down from where they were 3 months before with the 10k low offer.

Well i no longer have the rx330 anymore; i gave it to him this morning. I'll have my wife bring me home LOL

He gave me a chack for $20,000 and asked if it would be ok for him to give me the rest in a few weeks when he can get it out of a different CD.

I don't really mind, i'm just glad i don't have to think about it anymore.

Thanks guys!

I trust that you got it in writing that your buyer still owes you $10,000 on today's transaction. Regardless of how well you think you know this fellow, you need to fully protect yourself. If you didn't get it in writing, before you leave the office today you need to type up a bill of sale showing that he paid you $20,000 today and still owes you $10,000 by December XX (you pick the date). Then both of you should sign and date the document. If a notary public happens to work in your office, have the document notarized. Then give the buyer a copy and keep the original for your records until the transaction is paid in full.

While I appreciate the value of doing business with a friend or colleague, I appreciate the value of protecting myself even more. Explain the need for having a written contract to your buyer. If he questions the need for or objects to this action, you should immediately get your vehicle back and return his $20,000 check until he is in the position to pay you in full.

I trust that you got it in writing that your buyer still owes you $10,000 on today's transaction.  Regardless of how well you think you know this fellow, you need to fully protect yourself.  If you didn't get it in writing, before you leave the office today you need to type up a bill of sale showing that he paid you $20,000 today and still owes you $10,000 by December XX (you pick the date).  Then both of you should sign and date the document.  If a notary public happens to work in your office, have the document notarized.  Then give the buyer a copy and keep the original for your records until the transaction is paid in full.

While I appreciate the value of doing business with a friend or colleague, I appreciate the value of protecting myself even more.  Explain the need for having a written contract to your buyer.  If he questions the need for or objects to this action, you should immediately get your vehicle back and return his $20,000 check until he is in the position to pay you in full.

We got the agreement in writing, don't worry ;) I already had to hear it from my wife (she knows all the legal crap) LOL. Plus, i DO trust this person very well, and i know 100% that he will keep his word.

thanks though!

You know what, i don't miss it! <_<