Lexus Link - Can You Add Later?

rdalemercer

i think all GX470s come with Homelink.  ;)

oh my bad. didnt read that earlier. i thought u mentioned Home link. No. once u buy a GX w/o Lexus Link, i don't think they're pre-wired for it.

Is LexusLink back?  I thought it had been discontinued.

Wasn't the old analog based LexusLink a dealer installed option?

Is there a LexusLink version of the new digital OnStar service?

I've been told the LexusLink will be available some time in January. I didn't want it so I got my 06 GX now.

I would have considered adding the "hardware" option - and deciding later if I wanted the service or not.

Why? Just as a re-sale tool for the future.

It seems (from the pictures) that the Lexus Link hardware is located where the sunglass holder is in the non-Lexus Link equipped GX. Again, "IF" the wiring harness is already there, then it seems that it would be a simple matter to add.

By the way, it's been one week since I received my GX -- and no clunk.

Thanks.

Lexus dropped LexusLink because it was analog and the federal system it operates off of is set to switch to digital by 2007. The have come out with a new system that is both analog-digital that will work now and after the change. The new LexusLink is currrently available in 2006 GX's and LX's that are being shipped this month.

Lexus dropped  LexusLink because it was analog and the federal system it operates off of is set to switch to digital by 2007. The have come out with a new system that is both analog-digital that will work now and after the change. The new LexusLink is currrently available in 2006 GX's and LX's that are being shipped this month.

Got a call yesterday from my Lexus dealership informing me that my 2003 LS430's Lexus Link System is obsolete, can be disconnected, and a placeholder installed in its stead, for free.

Question: since we one of the reasons we bought our 2003 LS430 was the LLS, can we force Lexus to replace it with the new system, do you think? If so, how? Was there some fine-print that we missed, telling us that they can modify /delete a service without telling us?

I would have considered adding the "hardware" option - and deciding later if I wanted the service or not.

Why? Just as a re-sale tool for the future.

It seems (from the pictures) that the Lexus Link hardware is located where the sunglass holder is in the non-Lexus Link equipped GX. Again, "IF" the wiring harness is already there, then it seems that it would be a simple matter to add.

By the way, it's been one week since I received my GX -- and no clunk.

Thanks.

dont get your hopes up buddy :D i very rarely feel the clunk and it first appeared at 40,000 miles....sorry to get off topic