Power Doors And Trunk Release...

hey guys... need help... i got a 93 sc400..... car was working fine... until last week.... first the A/C won't work unless i set it to the MAX.. the coldest setting... then the cold air will work.... when i turn the unit up to just even one click... hot air blows??????.... then on thursday i think the Valet ppl forget to turn off my headlights and it drained out my battery cause on the way home i noticed the red battery light turn on... but after awhile it will go away.... then when i'm idealing.. it come back on...... then friday nite went to eat... and notice my power windows were going slow.... and then when i turned off the car.... and tried to start... it would.. just made a ticking noise.... then i come back and try to jump it... it won't make the ticking noise..... nor will the power doors and the trunk release button work....i thought it would be my after market alarm... so we took out the brain and disabled the alarm.. but still the power doors and the trunk release will not work????? and the damn car still won't start with a new battery... did all the test...12V..... relays...etc... works... my only guess is my car can't start cause of maybe a bad starter??? but still have no clue about the doors and trunks.... ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

your alternator is shot

get it checked and replaced it is a common problem

also look at the power steering pump to make sure it is not leaking on it causing the problem

for the a/c problem

might be in regards to the flap that controls the flow of air

do the a/c diagnostic test and it should come up as what the problem

so do a search and it should show a post for how to get the codes and what tehy mean

I would also try cleaning the power supply and the relays. My experience with the clicking noise was, the connection to the battery wasn't connected throughly. Are you having any problems turning the engine?

when i turn the key to the start positon... nothing is happening.... but when we did the wire tests... the wires are fine... just not starting up the car... so u guys say it's the alternator??? and that is linked to the power door locks and trunk button...???? cause when i did the test on the wires... i can release the trunk.... BUT not with the switch.. only when i do the testing... from underneath the dash with the wires.. i can activate it to release the trunk... and yeah... i did notice some leakage on the power steering... also... so u don't think it's the starter at all???? cause i did have a aftermarket alarm system... Audiovox Pretige... that i could automatic start the car with from the alarm remote......

Actually, we can't say anything. We don't have your car infront of us. Are the rest of your electronic instuments working, radio, dash, pw, lights and so on? I think it's the battery relay, but it could very well be an alternator problem or something else. There is something my friend did with my SC when i disconnected my HID relays. He hit the bottom part of the block--on the left side of the car. I think he called it "rocking" the block. Try hitting the bottom part of the block, just above the Pan with a stick end of a broom stick. It may do the trick. Don't forget to check those relays and tighten the screws.

If that doesn't work, you might need to tow it to Lexus.

good luck.

Check for a 7.5 amp fuse located on the inside fuse box. It controls the alternator recharge system. My car ran fine until the battery started to drain. First, the radio went scratchy, windows slowly died, trunk wouldn't release...etc. It's like systems just barely worked off of whatever voltage it could get. There are a couple of fuses in that system! It was better than the new alternator and battery the parts place was trying to sell me AFTER they checked out the system themselves.

so after you replaced that fuse... everything worked ???? thanks for all your help guys... i just towed my car to my mechanic.... i trust him... he does all of our cars and show cars..... J.E.R in Garden Grove, CA...... let's see what he comes up with...... but i really appreciate everyone's input...... i'll let you know how things are going.... THANKS AGIAN EVERYONE...

they carry a hammer in the small trunk just for that reason of the sticking starter

LoL. That's hilarious.

Why not just go back to the old crank in the front of the car.

Bust out the big old bar and start spinning the engine by hand.

So do they hit the actual starter housing? or just the solenoid?

okay... my mechanic fixed my car..... thank God it wasn't the starter... cause that would have been a !Removed! to get too..... was an electrical problem with my car alarm system.... I have the Prestige 995 and it has an automatic start feature.... so something was wrong with the alarm.... DAMN IT.... I thought i checked it all... anyways...... i also replace the alternator cause it was bad... but you all know... it is a common problem anyways...... thanks everyone for your imput again.... oh.. by the way.... for everything i spent $295.00 ... not bad huh???

not a bad price at all for everything

now get rid of the prestige alarm

and you will be perfect

its like putting a skoda part on a lexus

they make crap

in regards to the hammer i am pretty sure they hit the solenoid as it is the part that sticks

but i never got into the exact enginneering of the hammer technique,or it ounce weight

lol

As far as the starter thing goes - the hammer will work on the solenoid or the armature. A dead spot will get offset enough by the hit to free the armature up or bring the core of the solenoid to contact depending on the location of the calculated blow. Another method is jumping the poles across the starter solenoid. But it is key to make sure the car is not in gear and to wear gloves or you'll get a decent kick of juice through your body if you are not careful. :wacko:

i bought the car with the alarm system.... it wasn't my choice... but if it's already on there...... might as well have fun with it.... hahhahah..... anyways.... I've been looking for Soarer emblems or any JDM stuff.... I check Ebay all the time... any good websites besides takakara....

Hi, gotta add to the hammer aspect of this string. I had a Jaguar XK-150 and used to carry a hammer up front in order to pound the floor boards in front of passenge seat to get the car running again when the electric fuel pump, located under that area, would cut out, stalling the car at inconvenient times. Brought some strange looks from passenger, but worked.

Also, I miss the crank which I had on the Truimph TR-3. Used many times for starting. :)