When To Put Blizaks On My Ls

akewlguy

Any suggestions on a month or date to put Blizzaks on my LS? Also if you reccomend another tire that is appreciated.

I am thinking after Turkey day.. Not looking forward to losing my awesome 17" Tauranza V's.. They are awesome, but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions on a month or date to put Blizzaks on my LS? Also if you reccomend another tire that is appreciated.

I am thinking after Turkey day.. Not looking forward to losing my awesome 17" Tauranza V's.. They are awesome, but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Go to NOAA [ or similar weather site ] website and find out what day is the average first snowfall in your area and put the blizzaks on a week before.

If you put sandbags in the trunk sure you will have better grip on the tires but as a result you will also have increased stopping distance and more work for your brakes. I'm not sure if this is a wash or of one way is better and I admit I haven't yet driven the LS in snow.

Roger that - Boston area (see location in my profile summary!).

I will be selling my 16" Lexus OEM rims with Blizzak tires in the for sale forum once I reach 20 posts. Hang on, that's now. I'll post soon and email you.

I just had Lexus of Omaha mount and balance my Blizzaks, summer tires are Touranza. I keep track of my winter miles and based on just 3500 to 4000 miles each winter, these tires should last 5 to 6 years, very soft tread, but extremely effective on snow and ice. Anyway, it probably depends on where you live, but I have no problem putting them on a little early, better to be safe than sorry.