Needs Your Input

camlex

Hello,

This is not lexus, but it's same car. and systems works as lexus.

I have 99 Sienna. Two months ago, one of the front caliper was shot. I replace with new toyota caliper, both new rotor and front brake pads.

When i drive 50-60 MPH and apply brakes no problem. But if i am driving 70-80 and push brake paddle steering vibrates.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

First don't make a title like the one you have .

"needs your input" is just plain dumb.

It says nothnig about what the question or statement you are trying to understand or be understood is.

Normally i won't even answer a thread with a title like this just for the reason of the thought that went into making it.

Some how you rotors are still not seated properly.

Did you lube the pistons?

You should have replaced BOTH rotors and new pads. If that doesn't fix it continue reading: My Toyota van had the same problem and it wasn't fixed until I replaced the REAR rotors also. Cars have diagonal braking circuits so if you lose a front brake you'll still get braking from the rear. Because of this, a problem with a rear rotor can be ransmitted thru the brake lines and make it seem like the front was causing the problem.

Warped rotor<s>. Get them machined flat.

ES 300+ have ABS.

ABS doesn't use diagnonal circuits. It's a direct link from the master cyl to the ABS solenoid & the ABS solenoid to the calipers.

But ya, it's more than likely warped rotors. At $15-20 a rotor to machine them flat, it's not a big deal.

Make sure the wheels are torqued with a torque wrench, otherwise the machinced rotors could warp. Particularily pay attention to the caliper locating pins, they could be worn, or not lubricated properly allowing caliper to slide back and forth freely

Thanks,

I am going to see mechanic tomorrow. FYI i have rear Drum brakes. minivan have ~100,000 and i do remember we never did rear brake job. Should i turn rear drums.

Thank you.

This vibration is coming from your front disc brakes, so I would concentrate on getting this fixed before doing anything to your rear drum brakes. Of course you should check that you have sufficient brake lining on the rear brakes shoes and little scoring on the brake drums. Plus, you should also check the rear brake cylinders to make sure they're not leaking.