Side Mirrors Are Just Ugly

whats up with the lexus designers ?

do they use their brain?

don't get me wrong

the IS is a great car

but the side mirror is a complete killer

how can they put a freaken RX mirror on a sports sedan that just *BLEEP*es me right off.

bartkat, I sent you a pm please get back to me whenever you can. :)

As for IS 250/350 - Dashboard - Cheap Plastic - Mirrors - What were they thinking? - Backseat - Unless you have 3 midgets hanging around with you, this isnt a 4 door car. Overall - Too expensive, I am waiting till prices drop. If it goes to 25 grand, I will maybe consider something.

:cheers:

bartkat, I sent you a pm please get back to me whenever you can. :)

As for IS 250/350 - Dashboard - Cheap Plastic  - Mirrors - What were they thinking? - Backseat - Unless you have 3 midgets hanging around with you, this isnt a 4 door car. Overall - Too expensive, I am waiting till prices drop. If it goes to 25 grand, I will maybe consider something.

If you don't like the way LEXUS styled the car why would you consider the car at all? Is it just about $$$?

Because I am not considering it. It's just the expectations for this car were set too HIGH. Too much hype. I am waiting for the model to be revised and maybe the price change will make me consider buying the car, but certainly not now.

As for IS 250/350 - Dashboard - Cheap Plastic - Mirrors - What were they thinking? - Backseat - Unless you have 3 midgets hanging around with you, this isnt a 4 door car. Overall - Too expensive, I am waiting till prices drop. If it goes to 25 grand, I will maybe consider something.

very well said

you speak my mind

totally agree. for that price, it does looks cheap. and super ugly (huge) side mirror. holy cow... any bigger the car would look like a elephan. man... hope the do something about it w/ the second production... this is scary...

should hire bwm designer.

Them mirrors look mighty nice when you sittin behind the wheel looking at the German cars you just passed.  :D

Oh, have any of you complainers actually driven a new IS, or even seen it in person?

actually I had

i seen one

the body is nice as the photo have shown

the interior is as cheap as i thought

the side mirror is bigger then i thought

the backseat is smaller then i thought ( I am 6'2 )

so what are you trying to say

Them mirrors look mighty nice when you sittin behind the wheel looking at the German cars you just passed.  :D

Oh, have any of you complainers actually driven a new IS, or even seen it in person?

actually I had

i seen one

the body is nice as the photo have shown

the interior is as cheap as i thought

the side mirror is bigger then i thought

the backseat is smaller then i thought ( I am 6'2 )

so what are you trying to say

I see nothing cheap about the interior. Also, I don't plan to ride in the back seat.

All of these Lexus haters are trying to falter the car that they fear will take the reigns over their beloved BMW and Mercedes

The new IS rocks, I want to trade in!!!

P.S... lexus = cheap = oxymoron <_<

I looked at my cluster trim on my GS and it is also plastic, Do you really think that makes the GS cheap? LEXUS bashers are just expressing there jealousy when they nitpick tasteful designs. This one is worth 3 cents. :rolleyes:

the side mirrors on  the IS 250/350 are actually quite nice. Did you notice how there actually mounted onto the door? Alot less wind noise. I think its a great mix of form and function.

I notice the slope of the mirror housing matches the slope of the windshield. That's a nice touch.

i think the design is very modern while other cars are slow in getting with the times this car actually looks foward. to the people who think that the plastic looks and is cheap what would you have them use gold or maybe we could have the flinstones could fashion a dash for you out of stone. Quote for the evening "Dont Hate, Appreciate" this is the best car company on the planet.

also check out the fact they removed almost all rubber fittings around the car. {especially around the lights} Then check out the rails on the roof > No more opening your door and getting all the soaked with the rain water that accumalated

As for the 250 as much as it is made to take away BMW/MB customers, Lexus believes it biggest buyers will be people already in ES's and seeking the same quality but a little more sportier.

Pay no attention to the trolls here.

The IS350 offers incredible performance (better than BMW) at a better price. And considering Lexus quality, there's very little to even compare to.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. That'll leave one more IS for others to enjoy.

no offence

look at the dashboard

can you compare it to any of the lexus competitor?

I have driven a new 2006 BMW 330i with sport package in a manual transmission..... couple of points to contradict your opionions:

1. BMW is insane - they think just because their cars handle the best that nothing else matters, so they charge $43,000 for an entry level luxury sedan. So you say to watch what you add to the option list, right? Well, if you keep it in line with the IS price wise, take away leather, heated, and power seats, moonroof, CD changer, upgraded stereo, and pretty much end up with a real stripper.

2. BMW's interior quality, while it may look nice when you see it on paper or on your computer screen, is actually quite cheap. Much cheaper today than it was 5 years ago. I can say this because....

3. I've driven an IS 250 AWD, and I can tell you the interior on the new IS is the HIGHEST quality I've ever experienced. Better fit, finish, feel, and operation than any marque (BMW, MB, Acura, Audi, and Cadillac).... It may not look as nice to you in your little 17" computer screen, but believe me, if you go drive the cars back to back, you will understand that the Lexus IS is a whole different driving experience. It's very sporty, but classy and elegant at the same time.

The *primary* reason I will be getting a new IS350 instead of a BMW 3-series is because of the interior.

BMW's have always been cold and cheap-looking in this area and Lexus continues to set the bar higher, as independent car mags repeatedly point out.

The IS, especially with the black/gray trim, is absolutely gorgeous on the inside.

The *primary* reason I will be getting a new IS350 instead of a BMW 3-series is because of the interior.

BMW's have always been cold and cheap-looking in this area and Lexus continues to set the bar higher, as independent car mags repeatedly point out.

The IS, especially with the black/gray trim, is absolutely gorgeous on the inside.

I've been holding off buying a new car until I had a chance to look/drive the new IS. The dealer here had a couple of IS350's that went fast and I didn't get a chance to drive them, but I did get to drive the 250. I've driven and done a lot of research on the following cars: G35 6spd, Acura TL 6spd, 300C, 330i 6spd. Of all the cars I've driven and looked at the Lexus had the nicest interior of all. I want to feel the power of the 350 before I decide, so I have my name reserved on a NAV/premium 350 that should be here next week. I also have a deposit down on a 330i 6spd. The biggest drawback for the IS350 in my opinion is the lack of a manual transmission, the paddles are fun, but there is too much lag, it isn't a true SMG, F1 type transmission, and the backseats are way too small. I'm not planning on being in the back, but if I'm buying a 4 door car I'd like to take some people with me some of the time.

But other than that I thought the car was very solid and looked great. I don't think it handled as well as the BWM. I think the BMW has a little more sport to it, but the lexus has more luxury, and dollar for dollar you get more with the Lexus.