Hid Install

RX4LILY

I am not worried but why do you bother asking for help?

The point was to get an answer but with no details it makes it completely useless to bother asking.

I would assume no one told you it fit, you guessed but have no clue what your are doing with the parts.

If your origonal rx330 didn't have HID's, then the most you can do without spending a million dollars is buying the bulbs in xenon. I'm not sure what size they are though.

You only need to pop them out and plug the new ones in. The whole headlight unit doesn't need to be removed.

If your origonal rx330 didn't have HID's, then the most you can do without spending a million dollars is buying the bulbs in xenon. I'm not sure what size they are though.

You only need to pop them out and plug the new ones in. The whole headlight unit doesn't need to be removed.

You'd need a kit with ballast/starters and bulbs that fit the standard units.

Thanks this helps knowing they're "plug and play"

This would be the case if you only bought the "bulbs" I think you bought the WHOLE HID headlight units???

The rx330 comes with 2 types of headlights; HID unit, or halogen unit. They look totally different. The hid units have a circle projector beam, and the regular halogen units just have the regular look (reflector).

If your rx330 came standard with the halogen headlight units, then the most you can do is buy the bulbs themselves. You can't just buy the "whole" HID headlight units and replace the whole thing.

I'm still not clear on what you have on your car and what you have in your hands...

This is a HID headlight unit. See the projector beam? The second picture is an rx330 with the halogen headlight unit. see the difference?

post-13420-1128910887_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1128911003_thumb.jpg

did you purchase the denso oem HID kit w/9006 rebased bulbs? if so, all you gotta do is remove the old halogens from the headlight housing, disconnect the power plug from the old bulbs, insert your new HID bulbs (if they're the rebased ones they should fit right back in like the halogens did), connect the cable from the ballast to your bulb, find a place to mount your ballast in your engine compartment (make sure you don't have it near any moving or hot parts), and then plug the power plug into the adaptor that leads to your ballast and you should be in business. this is all assuming you've purchase that retrofitted HID kit that uses the oem denso ballasts and phillips 4300k bulbs that have been rebased to be compatible with 9006 bulbs. if not you should contact the seller and they should be able to tell you how to install it ;)

Thanks this helps knowing they're "plug and play"

I recently purchased OEM HIDS for my 05 RX330 can anyone give me instructions for a proper install?

May i ask you a question??? I purchased a 05rx330 they all come with HIDS??

so i don't understand why you need to purchased the OEm Hids?? Are they not come with your car??? :unsure:

post-20435-1128988732_thumb.jpg

I recently purchased OEM HIDS for my 05 RX330 can anyone give me instructions for a proper install?

May i ask you a question??? I purchased a 05rx330 they all come with HIDS??

so i don't understand why you need to purchased the OEm Hids?? Are they not come with your car??? :unsure:

Some rx330's come standard with the HID's, but some do not. You can see the difference in these pictures. The one on the left has halogens, and the car on the right has HID's

post-13420-1128989990_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1128990003_thumb.jpg

did you purchase the denso oem HID kit w/9006 rebased bulbs? if so, all you gotta do is remove the old halogens from the headlight housing, disconnect the power plug from the old bulbs, insert your new HID bulbs (if they're the rebased ones they should fit right back in like the halogens did), connect the cable from the ballast to your bulb, find a place to mount your ballast in your engine compartment (make sure you don't have it near any moving or hot parts), and then plug the power plug into the adaptor that leads to your ballast and you should be in business. this is all assuming you've purchase that retrofitted HID kit that uses the oem denso ballasts and phillips 4300k bulbs that have been rebased to be compatible with 9006 bulbs. if not you should contact the seller and they should be able to tell you how to install it ;)

D2S bulbs came with the OEM denso Kit, so should I get the D2R bulbs or should the D2S bulbs work fine with the standard halogens headlight housing??

This is the kit that I bought from E-bay E-bay Link

For a reflector housing you need D2R. However, I don't think a D2 bulb is going to fit your OEM headlights. You'll need a xenon bulb with a base and size similar to whatever your OEM bulbs are. The kit you have just doesn't appear to be a OEM retrofit kit.