Shop Manual Needed

jct

I am in real need of a manual for a 1992 LS 400 that would cover repairing the driver seat. The seat reclines and the motor is functioning but when I try to bring the seat back up only one side of the seat tries to come back up--the other side will not move and I don't have a clue how to get inside the mechanism. Is there a manual that would assist me with this repair?

John

I completely agree, 150%! I took this advice months ago, and it's paid off big time!

Download the shop manuals from TIS, or buy the printed ones, it's VERY worth it to have them: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/repairmanual.html

BTW, my 91 manual has instructions on front seat disassembly ;).

do a search on the seats. i remember not too long ago that someone else had that issue and there was a post on how to fix it, something about opening the back of the seat?

good luck! :cheers:

i have the same problem with my seat. i went to rear pass seat and pushed with my legs and straightened the seat.

Hi All,

Here is the pdf for the front seats for a 93. Should be the same as yours. 9 pages of all the components in the seat and how to disassemble it.

Spent $10 twice to download from http://techinfo.lexus.com/. Was worth every penny. Note they have all toyota products. Great for me as I have a Camry as well

Let us know how the repair goes

Ron

bo89_frontsea.pdf