Getting New Rims Need Opinions From All

Ok so im sick of my rims and its time to get something nice. Ive decided on HRE 945R.

hre_945r.jpg

Do you think this would match my car?

Also, I know absolutely nothing about rims and tires and offsets and what not, so could someone let me know what i have to tell the Rims guy when i go to order ( the last guy sold me incorrect sized rims)

:o Man, 940R series? To much bank for me. :o

:D I think they will look nice. As for sizing, how aggressive do you want it to look? Do you plan to mod the fenders? Or do you just want to be as aggressive as you can be bolt-on?

Hoodlum mobile?!?! Its not like we're putting 14" 100-spoke gold rims on the car that stick out a foot from the fender...THAT would make it a hoodlum mobile!

The reason I put rims on my vehicles is to make them different from all the other GS's on the road.

Don't get overly excited guys. He is entitled to his opinion. As long as you enjoy the wheels on your car, does it really matter what one other person think?

06gs430, have you decided on the width you want to run? 8.5 front, 10 rear? 9 front 10 rear? 9 front 10.5 rear? Even more aggressive? I am assuming staggered fronts and rear because that is the only way to be flushed both front and rear (without using spacers).

Your setup will be interesting since there has not been enough data for a 3GS. I can give you some numbers (based on your chosen widths) for a 2GS and you can extrapolate.

Don't get overly excited guys.  He is entitled to his opinion.  As long as you enjoy the wheels on your car, does it really matter what one other person think?

06gs430, have you decided on the width you want to run? 8.5 front, 10 rear?  9 front 10 rear? 9 front 10.5 rear? Even more aggressive?  I am assuming staggered fronts and rear because that is the only way to be flushed both front and rear (without using spacers).

Your setup will be interesting since there has not been enough data for a 3GS.  I can give you some numbers (based on your chosen widths) for a 2GS and you can extrapolate.

any numbers or help you can give me would be great. no one knows anything about my car. i know i wanna go as big as i can without damaging the rims or the car. i dont know jack about rims. dont know what offset is or anything like that. i am in extreme need of help!!! thankss

Don't get overly excited guys.  He is entitled to his opinion.  As long as you enjoy the wheels on your car, does it really matter what one other person think?

06gs430, have you decided on the width you want to run? 8.5 front, 10 rear?  9 front 10 rear? 9 front 10.5 rear? Even more aggressive?  I am assuming staggered fronts and rear because that is the only way to be flushed both front and rear (without using spacers).

Your setup will be interesting since there has not been enough data for a 3GS.  I can give you some numbers (based on your chosen widths) for a 2GS and you can extrapolate.

any numbers or help you can give me would be great. no one knows anything about my car. i know i wanna go as big as i can without damaging the rims or the car. i dont know jack about rims. dont know what offset is or anything like that. i am in extreme need of help!!! thankss

Check your PM.

BTW - I am not trying to hide numbers. I just have some personal questions for him. ;) :D

06gs430,

I'd be interested in what you finally go with (size, offset, ...). I was looking at the HRE's also and it seems that I'm in the same boat as you (not knowing anything about wheels).

What is this fender mod you are talking about and what does it do?

THanks.

well what im thinking of doing something like this.

obviously not this extreme, but i feel extending the fender would look very sick and unique. it'll also allow me to have wider rims. no idea where i'd get the materials how much it would cost, or if its even doable. at this point its just a mad man's idea.

This "fender mod" you're talking about is called rolling the fenders. The picture you posted is just a fender flare. Rolling the fender is generally used if you have rubbing issues. It just pushes the fender outwards a little more so that when the spring/shock is compressed, the wheel/tire doesnt rub against the inner wheel well. It can be done at home (dont recommend on a $$$$ 06 GS) with a baseball bat and some other tool and you roll the end of the bat on the inside of the fender.

The way I'd do it on your GS is take it to a shop, they have a tool that actually is meant for this purpose, rolling fenders.

The fender flares (which are what you posted) are only intended as extreme mud flaps. If you have wide wheels/tires w/o rubbing, but they still stick out past the wheel wheel, you put those on to 1)make the car appear wider and 2) to prevent tossing up rocks and mud and everything of that sort.

Love those wheels. I have my heart set on Work Euro Line Dh's, and if those dont work out for some odd reason, iForged. Good luck.