Brake Light Comes On During Corners

SC300Drifter

I have a 93 SC300 5-speed and my in-brake light come on while cornering, accelerating, and shifting. I thought that it might be my rear-subframe bushings but I figured I would check with you guys first. It seems to be coming on more often as time goes by. My fluid is good but the brake pads themselves are going to need to be changed in the next couple of months. I can't figure out what it is and it only seems to happen during hard corners or while accelerating fast. Im open for ideas so please give me all the advice you can.

Thanks,

Derek

What do you mean by "fluid is good"? Do you mean that your fluid does not need flushing or do you mean that your fluid level is good?

I would imagine that your pads are getting low, and when that happens, your brake light comes on due to the now "lower" level of brake fluid in the reservoir.

Saying it is where it should be is also another useless piece of info.

As that is your experience that is telling you that opinion which is not working for you right now. So in order to get a good answer you need to provide exact details that seem useless to you but are critical in the overall evaluation of the problem.

The brake light is red and looks like this ( ! )

Details like exactly where the fluid level is?

Have you added fluid lately?

I agree. Need to be much more specific.

Better yet, take a picture of the current level of your brake fluid in the reservoir.

Have you installed anything that is brake related recently? Is your brake master cylinder leaking? Etc...

• 2 months later...
Sounds to me like you need a little more fluid in the reservoir.

As pads wear, more fluid is distributed into the system from the reservoir and you need to top it off.

I have had the light coming on around turns and then lately it has been comnig on more and more during regular driving. I replced the pads and now it is fine but the old pads were only worn about 1/2. Wierd.

Sounds to me like you need a little more fluid in the reservoir.

As pads wear, more fluid is distributed into the system from the reservoir and you need to top it off.

I have had the light coming on around turns and then lately it has been comnig on more and more during regular driving. I replced the pads and now it is fine but the old pads were only worn about 1/2. Wierd.

my 93 ls brake light was comming on during hard stops. reservior did not " look " low but added some fluid and the light stopped comming on. Agree, fluid level drops as the pad wear. And the sensor trips as the fluid moves with the G force.

I put EBC greenstuff pads on the front and raybestos on the back with cross drilled rotors all the way around and changed to dot 4 brake fluid. No more light and the brakes are *BLEEP*ed! This is the 3rd car I have had EBC greenstuff on and I am now 100% confident that these will be the only pads I will buy ever. 1000 degree brake fade point, I cant even find brake fluid that will withstand what these pads will.

• 9 months later...

Recently I've been having the same problem as others described in this post. I have a '95 SC300 5 speed w/o traction control. I would say the pads are below half worn, but definately not in need of immediate replacement. I haven't added brake fluid, but it is sitting halfway between the Low and High levels marked on the reservoir, so I shouldn't need to. I was planning on flushing the old fluid out of the system, but then decided to be lazy and put it off until the pads need replacing.

Does this car have brake pad wear sensors on it? Any time I've been underneath the car I never noticed anything, but then again I never specifically looked for it.