Bit The Bullet!

Qafas

:cheers: made a deal on the 2000 LS400 I had been looking at for a couple of weeks. Had some problems with the sales manager last week, the details of which I posted in another thread. However, I called up the general manager of the dealership, who then apologized thoroughly and said he would gladly fix the LCD that was out....also decided to throw in brand new tires. So, signed the contract today, but the LCD is currently being fixed and won't have the car until wednesday or so....but, MAN!!! Am I excited!!!!

Details for those who care...00 with 70K, one owner (two now :)), all records from lexus. Paid 22K. I know akewlguy will be disappointed in my negotiating skills, but I just loved the car and is the best one I've seen in these parts for over a month now. Having already sold my previous car, it was getting really difficult to get around. So, I decided to stick with this one.

Anyway, just thought I'ld share...

AJ

Hey man at least he threw in a few things..

No matter what you paid you will enjoy the LEXUS! Also sometimes one can save a few grand, but there is a cost. Its time to find the right deal and the aggrivation of searching.

So enjoy and 70k miles is great!

Congrats! I love the 98-00 LS a lot. When I get rid of my BMW I will try and get a 98 or a Mazda millenia/ES300. We'll have to see wht gas is like  :unsure:

Thanks again and welcome!

Actually in my experience LS's are better on gas than ES's. At least the 02+ variety.

:cheers: made a deal on the 2000 LS400 I had been looking at for a couple of weeks.  Had some problems with the sales manager last week, the details of which I posted in another thread.  However, I called up the general manager of the dealership, who then apologized thoroughly and said he would gladly fix the LCD that was out....also decided to throw in brand new tires.  So, signed the contract today, but the LCD is currently being fixed and won't have the car until wednesday or so....but, MAN!!!  Am I excited!!!!

Details for those who care...00 with 70K, one owner (two now :)), all records from lexus.  Paid 22K.  I know akewlguy will be disappointed in my negotiating skills, but I just loved the car and is the best one I've seen in these parts for over a month now.  Having already sold my previous car, it was getting really difficult to get around.  So, I decided to stick with this one.

Anyway, just thought I'ld share...

AJ

What kind of brand new tires did the sales manager throw in? B)

:cheers:

The LS is great on gas if you are a highway cruiser.

City can kill you though.

I know my dad always got ~20MPG on his 98, and he gets 22-23 on his LS430 where I usually hang around 18-19. Similar types of driving and driving styles too.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Lexusfreak - don't really know what kind of tires....they had already changed them by the time I returned to seal the deal. The car was at a lexus dealership getting the LCD fixed, so I didn't even see it. Had no idea that they were going to change the tires, or I would have asked for something specific. Oh well, I know I would've had to change them in a few thousand miles anyway. These might not be the best, but atleast they're sort of free. I'm thinking about getting new wheels as well; if I don't like the tires, perhaps I'll just have to get the new wheels (with new tires, of course) sooner than I'm planning on at the moment.

In any case, I'm just glad to have the car I wanted. Thank you guys again for all the input.

Congrats on the new car man! You got a world class, others are judged against, super automobile for less than a mid level mid size sedan. And it'll run longer, rattle free, and same gas mileage. On the mileage...let me toss in a couple quick pieces of advice that I've learned from my 18 months of ownership with my 95. First, get your shop vac out and clean your air filter! Keep it clean too, once a month or so. Now with fall coming, it'll get dirtier with the leaves and such. Second, and this is just my personal opinion, I use duralube fuel treatment every 5-6k miles in the tank. I've always used this stuff in all my cars, and I've never had any fuel related problems, ever. Slick50 has some too. You might want to run some bk44 cleaner for a tank first though, that stuff really gets the gunk out. I don't know about your dealership, but mine here in Raleigh uses the stuff, and infact incorporates it into their scheduled service intervals. Other than that, maybe some spark plugs later on down the line, or if you feel her missing or hesitating, but I doubt it. Just keep the air flow clean and clear, and the fuel supply smooth flowin' and you'll get great gas mileage. I hae 106k on mine, and I get 27 highway, 20-21 city. I don't put my foot in it too often though, no real need to with this V8, it's just so smooth!! And I've only got 4 gears, as where your's has 5!