Katrina

RFeldes

Hey guys,

When you think you have had a bad day. These are photos before and after of my cousins beach house outside of Biloxi. Andrew is a hotel clerk who was nice enough to load the pictures. My cousin took the before and after, so naturally she is okay. She got out and went back.

Thanks ko90ls,

It is certainly very trying and my cousin has a lot to be thankful for. Lake Charles sent fifty boats with volunteers down there and thet can't go in because of frigging gunfire to get those people out. FEMA has completely fallin on it's a$$ and those people are desperate. We are desperate to help and the look on the refugees faces here in Lake Charles, is in your words Heartbreaking. I gave up all my spare mattresses to the Red Cross and they didn't even come get them. Probably busier than two peck$$$d billy goats. I'm sure as time goes on cooler heads will prevail. Tomorrow "will" be a better day, and maybe Congress will get back to Washington off of their vacations, during a "Horrific" National Crisis, but I don't see it, or food and water, or buses or law and order helping those cops who have to syphon gas from floated cars and ask for food where they can get it. There, I said it and maybe something will be done soon. God Bless those poor people. I know this is a Lexus Forum and I will abstain from any more of my rantings. Please, Please say a prayer for those people.

be thankfull that she got out and is not suffering inside the city like so many others hopefully bush will get off his !Removed! and stop holding dumb a*** news conferences tht dont convince anyone

I work with the military here at Eglin AFB, Fl and believe me, most of the folks here are mad as hell about what the Feds are NOT doing to help those folks. What is sickening is that we could have and still can prevente the misery taking place in New Orleans. A squadron of Navy troop transport helios could pick up and transport the folks stranded in New Orleans in quick order, take them to a staging area where AF C130 or C17 aircraft could fly them to Houston or wherever in short order. The military could handle the whole deal without breaking a sweat, they have the equipment, people and training to do this blindfolded. All they need is a go ahead from the Washington crowd that is busy taking their summer vacations. We did it in Saigon over 30 years ago, wonder why we can't do it in New Orleans on a much smaller scale today.

I work with the military here at Eglin AFB, Fl and believe me, most of the folks here are mad as hell about what the Feds are NOT doing to help those folks.  What is sickening is that we could have and still can prevente the misery taking place in New Orleans.  A squadron of Navy troop transport helios  could pick up and transport the folks stranded in New Orleans in quick order, take them to a staging area where AF C130 or C17 aircraft could fly them to Houston or wherever in short order.  The military could handle the whole deal without breaking a sweat, they have the equipment, people and training to do this blindfolded.  All they need is a go ahead from the Washington crowd that is busy taking their summer vacations.  We did it in Saigon over 30 years ago, wonder why we can't do it in New Orleans on a much smaller scale today.

thanks for being honest and not shooting bull like the pols are doing

Our thoughts and prayers to everyone that has lived through the devistation of Hurricane Katrina. Before it hit, I had a very bad feeling that it was going to be a very deadly storm and my worst fear came true. Seems like it is getting worse by the day. Southeastern LA and southern MS are totally devistated. It is a really sad situation. I doubt that many of those that left will ever return. Even here in northeast Tennessee, we have people from the area stranded here, as they still cannot go down and many say they know there is nothing to go back to. Really sad.

It was a catagory 5 storm just hours before it hit and was rapidly strengthening a couple of days before it hit, EVERYONE should have left this area. The buildings can be replaced, lives cannot.

To add even more stress, more tropical systems are looming out in the Atlantic, but @ this time, it appears that only one may become a system, but I have heard another possible development is possible closer to Florida toward the first of next week, as conditions become more favorable for development. Lets just pray that the Gulf Coast does not get hit again- they just cannot take another storm.

God bless them all.

I've been watching and it really breaks my heart to see what has happened, what is happening, and what ISN'T happening. I've got a large portion of my family in New Orleans...luckly they are all safe and that's what's important.

I hope things start to get better soon. It's extremely disappointing seeing how poorly this is being handled....to say the least.

I'm going to donate as much as I can afford to help the cause, and I hope all of you will do what you can as well.

I have a group of friends in New Orleans and Beloxi who have nothing, but hope. This disaster is over 120 miles long. Its everything from New Orleans, LA to Mobile, Alabama.

Just like 9/11 there are things that could have been done. They system has flaws and areas that need attention. Maybe we should have raised taxes 5% to fix the levies. No one would have allowed this.

As for the actual rescue effort. FEMA and Red Cross were on the scean days before. The only way to get there is drive. It takes a day to mobilize troops (now will be done in advace). It takes a few days to get food and everything to the scean. If one were to drop food in the middle of people who are fighting over ice they would kill each other.

The bottom line is like the war there is no perfect answer.

My cousin took the before and after, so naturally she is okay. She got out and went back.

We're all thankful she's ok...that's most important! Lets keep her in our prayers.

I have a group of friends in New Orleans and Beloxi who have nothing, but hope. This disaster is over 120 miles long. Its everything from New Orleans, LA to Mobile, Alabama.

Just like 9/11 there are things that could have been done. They system has flaws and areas that need attention. Maybe we should have raised taxes 5% to fix the levies. No one would have allowed this.

As for the actual rescue effort. FEMA and Red Cross were on the scean days before. The only way to get there is drive. It takes a day to mobilize troops (now will be done in advace). It takes a few days to get food and everything to the scean. If one were to drop food in the middle of people who are fighting over ice they would kill each other.

The bottom line is like the war there is no perfect answer.

Wow, very well said!! ;)