Bunch More And Bigger Pics Of The New S Class...

SW03ES

Its one of those things, seems silly but if you never learned as a kid you wouldn't be able to do it. If she looks at it for a second she can tell what time it is, but she can't just tell by a glance like most people can.

Its one of those things, seems silly but if you never learned as a kid you wouldn't be able to do it. If she looks at it for a second she can tell what time it is, but she can't just tell by a glance like most people can.

i don't mean to start anything here or anything...but what school doesn't teach time?

just wondering LOL

• 7 months later...

I wanted to bring this one back now that the S550s are on the road. I really like them. I parked next to one at WalMart, and it was just gorgeous. The rear end is still growing on me, but I'm really loving the rest of the car! What are yall thinking after seeing them in person??

:cheers:

I wanted to bring this one back now that the S550s are on the road. I really like them. I parked next to one at WalMart, and it was just gorgeous. The rear end is still growing on me, but I'm really loving the rest of the car! What are yall thinking after seeing them in person??

:cheers:

S550 at Walmart??? - maybe that's how he can afford the payments.

I like it a lot except for the tail lamps. The body colored stripes through them look too ricer for me. Aside from that I think it's a great looking car. Well styled in the conservative German manner with a definite nod to !Removed! big brother Maybach. I've always thought that MB has had the best looking cars on the road in terms of styling.

As to the interior - it's more sedate than previous models in terms of controls layout, but materials selection is still good and it looks and feels as luxurious.

S550 at Walmart??? - maybe that's how he can afford the payments.

Walmart is pretty much the only place to go grocery shopping here in a small, hick town of less than 20k people. ;) Yeah, I'd have to agree that MB always has some of the best looking cars on the road!

Okay, i think this car is BRILLIANT on the outside. i mean its gorgeous in the front and i actually like the side fenders. the back is also good, nothing wrong with it. Somebody already owns one at my sons school, it was the gray in color and i just have to say, if i had 100K i would buy one right now. As for the interior, that is a little sketchy, i mean the nav in the top is too bmw and its ugly. But after you hear all the Pre-safe and active safe and all that good technology, you have to love the car. No other car on the road, not even the 07 LS will have windows and sunroofs that will close if it senses an impact, nor will the seats go into a standard position upon impact, nor will the windows crack a bit after the accident. Common, that is brilliant.

And dont get me started on the distronic plus...stop and go without ever touching the brake/accel pedal. again, I WANT THAT

not even the 07 LS will have windows and sunroofs that will close if it senses an impact, nor will the seats go into a standard position upon impact, nor will the windows crack a bit after the accident. Common, that is brilliant.

But can the Benz paralell park itself? ;)

I still think its hideous for the most part.

well bmw was the first to come out with the I Drive...but people say its horrible. THen audi did it, still confusing, and now Mercedes is having a crack at it and they finally made the best one.

as for the new LS, i love it and i plan to buy it when it come and when i get the money ;), but, it does look a little bland doesnt it? i mean no real curves, but i guess thats part of the whole L-finesse design.

And on a side note, when we all said we hated the new ES, its starting to grow on me...really, even the oval dash thing. :o

just got the new GS brochure today, and it states that the front air bags actually senses the distance of your seat from the steering wheel to apply the correct amount of air pressure! here's the real kicker IT's STANDARD! YES! :cheers: and add in the optional PCS...

Well, I can certainly understand the concept behind these I-Drive like controllers. As vehicles become more and more complex with more and more features, eventually the amount of buttons and controls will totally take over the dash of the car. BMW sought to pull all of these controls together under one GUI to minimize dash clutter. I've heard from people that over time you do get used to it.

As for the styling, thats precisely why I would buy the new LS over a new S. Comparing the two cars, which do you think will look more appealing in 10 years? Thats the danger of styling vehicles according to these fads. Think about the Benz E Class, already looks a little outdated because of the shift away from rounded styling to more lines and creases. Look at the Cadillac CTS, looks outdated because the industry (and Cadillac itself) did not move towards that sharp an edge in styling.

lol i guess we have very different opinions on which cars look good. I love the look of the E class, and its round headlamps. i dont think it looks outsdated. As for the LS, i still feel that its not eye catching. It doesnt look bold, and strong like a large sedan should. It looks boxy.

as for the S class, it might be a little tooo drastic...but at least it has character and style. its one of those cars that you either like or hate. THe LS is gonna be liked by almost everyone, its a little too safe

THe LS is gonna be liked by almost everyone, its a little too safe

Thats an interesting detraction from a car "Too many people like how it looks" lol.

As for the E Class, I like how it looks too but from some angles it looks a little bulbous, especially from the rear.

the idrive is pretty impressive. it takes some getting used to. but its smart, like it knows when you reach the end of a option list and stop revolving. or when you go into a sub menu, the increments of rotation change, letting you keep your eye on the road quit more often. the idrive is great. but it definetly takes some getting used to.