Timing Belt

the-hedge

• 3 weeks later...

i've got the 95-97 years in pdf., but i don't if it is the same for the 98-00 vti engines?

Tried to send the PDF's for a 98 LS They are too big. Do what I did pay $10 for a days worth of free downloads from techinfo.lexus.com. Got repair, diagnostic and tech info for my 93 & 98 LS and my daughters Camry. SO much data so little time

Good luck on the job looks like a lot of work.

LaserRon

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a 98 with a cam belt issue. Were you ever able to find the tutorial?

Mine has 73,000 miles-started it up and it was noisy, shut it down, checked oil, tried again, sounds like cam belt jumped a notch.

Looks like a big project!

Tom

I have found a tutorial for timing belt replacement for a first gen LS at

http://www.lextreme.com/timing2.html

Does anyone have specifics for a second gen LS?

you sure its not something else? b/c you shouldnt even have to worry about the tb until 90k and beyond

I'm almost at 110,000 miles on my 98. I think it's about time I purchase a belt and take it to midas to change my timing belt. Man, I need a water pump too when I change the timing belt don't I.

you sure its not something else? b/c you shouldnt even have to worry about the tb until 90k and beyond

I'm almost at 110,000 miles on my 98. I think it's about time I purchase a belt and take it to midas to change my timing belt. Man, I need a water pump too when I change the timing belt don't I.