Lexus Factory Alarm Systems

uthorns1976

I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I know that the RX400h, a $50K+ vehicle, doesn't have an alarm system because a guy in Brooklyn had his HID headlamps ripped out while parked on the street. Do the high-end Lexus models--LS, GS--have factory alarm systems???

I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I know that the RX400h, a $50K+ vehicle, doesn't have an alarm system because a guy in Brooklyn had his HID headlamps ripped out while parked on the street.  Do the high-end Lexus models--LS, GS--have factory alarm systems???

What do you mean "factory alarm system?? Like if the lights are ripped out?

not that i am aware of

It has an alarm sesnor built into the hood latch to go off if it is opened.

Other than that opening a door lock from inside while the car is lock,opening a door or trunk are the only things that go off.

OEM alarms never use shock sensors as they are too tempermental with civic exhausts and thunder makeing it false alarm.

my GX does...i find it hard to believe that the RX doesnt have a alarm system..go aftermarket

What do you mean "alarm system" i'm confused!!?? don't all of them have it?

Do you mean if the doors are just "unlocked" and you open the doors the alarm will wake up half the neighborhood?? I'd rather they don't have this. If the doors are locked, they can't get in. They need my key to turn the engine on anyway.

I can honestly say i have NEVER heard any of my cars alarms go off, EVER

haha true..well they would need something to pick it up also

This is where you're wrong. Breaking into a car is simpler than it seems.

1. Break window.

2. Climb in.

3. Press Shift Lock Release and put car in Neutral; release parking brake.

4. Attach tow cables and pull onto flatbed, or if the flatbed lifts all the way off the truck and onto the ground, push car onto flatbed and secure, then raise bed with car on it to transport.

Not from experience or anything. :lol:

1. Break window.

2. Climb in.

4. Attach tow cables and pull onto flatbed, or if the flatbed lifts all the way off the truck and onto the ground, push car onto flatbed and secure, then raise bed with car on it to transport.

Vehicle can be shifted into neutral without having the key?? Shift lock release?? :unsure:

1. Break window.

2. Climb in.

Vehicle can be shifted into neutral without having the key?? Shift lock release?? :unsure:

Yep, all you do is press down that little button, or open a cover to reveal a button that lets you press in the large button on the shifter and lets you put the car in gear or neutral.

post-18112-1123275455_thumb.jpg

Yep, all you do is press down that little button, or open a cover to reveal a button that lets you press in the large button on the shifter and lets you put the car in gear or neutral.

Interesting. Doesn't seem very secure to me and obviously it's not.

Yes, and unfortunately I have to leave it places without a decent alarm system. But at first glance, who would want to steal my car?