Pops Just Bought A New Lexus

GSsoldier

hey guys the LS is MINE NOW!!! in 10-12 days haha dad went to the dealership and bought a 05 RX330 white fwd no navi he likes the car a lot though so i guess its cool it would be awesome to try the bluetooth but it comes only with navi oh well just letting u guys know

Do you like the LS or the RX330 better if you could pick either.

The LS - No question whatsoever. The RX is a great SUV - nicely styled and a smooth ride, but it is a diffeent beast entirely when compared to the LS.

Please don't take this the wrong way and I am in no way trying to offend anyone or put anyone down as I know that there are many of you on this forum that have or have had RXs, but I have always thought of the RX as more of a woman's SUV. I am of the same opinion of the Benz ML as well.

I guess it's primarily because of the size and historically I have seen more women drivers in the RX. While I would certainly drive an RX, my preference would be for the LX or GX (if one was to stay in the Lexus lineup) or a Denali, Escalade 4-Runner, Sequoia, etc. Something a bit larger and more SUV or truck like than the RX. Maybe it's the Tim the Toolman in me: Arrr Arrr - More Power. I sure as heck wouldn't want to gas one of those monsters up though which is why I stick to the cars.

The same thing could probably be said about the ES which I drove for a long time. Actually though, if someone handed me one of the new RX Hybrids I'd ditch my LS for it in second.

The LS - No question whatsoever. The RX is a great SUV - nicely styled and a smooth ride, but it is a diffeent beast entirely when compared to the LS.

Please don't take this the wrong way and I am in no way trying to offend anyone or put anyone down as I know that there are many of you on this forum that have or have had RXs, but I have always thought of the RX as more of a woman's SUV. I am of the same opinion of the Benz ML as well.

I guess it's primarily because of the size and historically I have seen more women drivers in the RX. While I would certainly drive an RX, my preference would be for the LX or GX (if one was to stay in the Lexus lineup) or a Denali, Escalade 4-Runner, Sequoia, etc. Something a bit larger and more SUV or truck like than the RX. Maybe it's the Tim the Toolman in me: Arrr Arrr - More Power. I sure as heck wouldn't want to gas one of those monsters up though which is why I stick to the cars.

The same thing could probably be said about the ES which I drove for a long time. Actually though, if someone handed me one of the new RX Hybrids I'd ditch my LS for it in second.

Yes many RX drivers do happen to be women but i personally don't think it's specifically a "womans car." I like the feel of a car better than in an suv, but the RX just happends to be the perfect size for bringing the family and other "things" places. It has more people room vertically and has more veryical space in the rear.

I do agree that the rx330 does "look" like a womans car, as the LX and GS look more "trucky," or a mans car LOL. I understand your point completely ;)

I can't exactly say that the ES and LS are mans cars. Even though i drive the LS, i still see it as an old womans car. But what the hell...its the best car ever made and i love it ;)

I was loaned a RX330 the first week they came out. I drove it for a week and was so glad to get my 91 LS400 back. The LS is so much more comfortable and effortless to drive for an old guy like me. Also the RX is a little girly looking. Of course my wife loved it. In the car business the salesmen had a saying, there's an !Removed! for every seat. I'm just a car guy. I like a truck or suv but not for my every day driver.

I have never driven an RX before. We were gonna look at one once. I had my mind set on a 4Runner but the one we looked at didn't work out for us. We then saw an RX for sale in the paper but the guy never called us back and thats when we found the BMW. In June I got to borrow my doctors Envoy. That truck was awesome! I loved it. The only thing that was hard to get use to was the speedometer. It seemed like going 10 below the speed limit was too fast. I like how a car drives better but I loved that truck. I like climbing into a vehicle not out of one. It felt more roomy and in control.

thanks

hahha well i was grown up to love the LS it was my baby for the last few years cleaning it trying to make it faster whatever it was my baby haha and even though the RX is loaded with cool tidbits and gizmos i have to say i love the LS way more... i had an RX as a loaner as well dont tell lexus i drove it haha but it was way underpowered of course for a teen who loves to full throttle the car every uhh once and a while haha.

on the subject of being girly it is a bit girly but we are planning some new things to it such as getting tube step rail for cosmetic reasons not cus we are asian and short well maybe my dad needs it (being under 5'4)i on the other hand am 6'2 im fine with the hieght.

if any one is deciding on getting a RX its not a bad add on to get makes it look a lil different from every RX on the road plus it looks even better with the chrome 18's

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetail.asp? PartID=2173&ModelID=121&SubCategoryID=101://http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdeta...bCategoryID=101

also u guys know the thundercloud edition? how they have a much better looking chrome grill we reallly are deciding to get it i mean it looks COMPLETELY different from the orginal RX check it out

post-6813-1122931402_thumb.jpg

hahha well i was grown up to love the LS it was my baby for the last few years cleaning it trying to make it faster whatever it was my baby haha and even though the RX is loaded with cool tidbits and gizmos i have to say i love the LS way more... i had an RX as a loaner as well dont tell lexus i drove it haha but it was way underpowered of course for a teen who loves to full throttle the car every uhh once and a while haha.

on the subject of being girly it is a bit girly but we are planning some new things to it such as getting tube step rail for cosmetic reasons not cus we are asian and short well maybe my dad needs it (being under 5'4)i on the other hand am 6'2 im fine with the hieght.

if any one is deciding on getting a RX its not a bad add on to get makes it look a lil different from every RX on the road plus it looks even better with the chrome 18's

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetail.asp? PartID=2173&ModelID=121&SubCategoryID=101

also u guys know the thundercloud edition? how they have a much better looking chrome grill we reallly are deciding to get it i mean it looks COMPLETELY different from the orginal RX check it out

The rx330 does have enough pep for daily driving and passing on the highway etc. though LOL

check it out agian i edited it and added pictures... well going to v6 to v8 haha im still a kid man speed plus stablity at higher speeds something RX doesnt have or i feel like it doesnt have it

True; suv's are a bit harder to handle at higher speeds.

You might be surprised to know that your LS isn't much more powerful or quicker than the RX330 ;)

Between the two its LS all the way, the LS is simply in a different league than all the other Lexus vehicles.

You might be surprised to know that your LS isn't much more powerful or quicker than the RX330 ;)

Between the two its LS all the way, the LS is simply in a different league than all the other Lexus vehicles.

I

The only thing i am always looking for is "luxury" and room...You hardly find luxury in a Ford F-150 crew cab LOL

True, but my co-worker just bought a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 extended cab with all the bells & whistles (Leather, Satellite Radio, etc.) and I was impressed with the overall ride quality (without a load). It was not nearly as harsh as I was expecting it to be. Trucks have come along way since I hade one as a daily driver.

You're not kidding! I hit an unseen patch of standing water on the interstate while driving my Wife's Pathfinder just before Christmas. I couldn't regain control and slammed into the jersey wall at 50 MPH. I nearly killed a VDOT worker that was cleaning out the drain on the opposite side of the highway. The truck rolled several times, but I walked away w/o a single scratch - although I did have a nasty case of whiplash. To top it off - the incident was caught on VDOT traffic camera and made the local news. Here's a link to the video (you'll have to watch a short Crest commercial first:

Wreck Video

Had I been in a car I think that I may have been able to get control again - at least I wouldn't have rolled

The only thing i am always looking for is "luxury" and room...You hardly find luxury in a Ford F-150 crew cab LOL

True, but my co-worker just bought a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 extended cab with all the bells & whistles (Leather, Satellite Radio, etc.) and I was impressed with the overall ride quality (without a load). It was not nearly as harsh as I was expecting it to be. Trucks have come along way since I hade one as a daily driver.

You're not kidding! I hit an unseen patch of standing water on the interstate while driving my Wife's Pathfinder just before Christmas. I couldn't regain control and slammed into the jersey wall at 50 MPH. I nearly killed a VDOT worker that was cleaning out the drain on the opposite side of the highway. The truck rolled several times, but I walked away w/o a single scratch - although I did have a nasty case of whiplash. To top it off - the incident was caught on VDOT traffic camera and made the local news. Here's a link to the video (you'll have to watch a short Crest commercial first:

Wreck Video

Had I been in a car I think that I may have been able to get control again - at least I wouldn't have rolled

yikes, glad you're ok!! Suv'sare deffinetely hard to handle in bad conditions.

i drove the old es and gs and they couldnt compare to my 91ls but i always thought of the rx when it first came out was more suited for a woman even though i wouldnt mind having one of the new ones(too small) plus suvs dont handle well or maybe its my driving style every time i drive my wifes 04 yukon even though i was surprised that the ride quality was really good actually the suspension is great IMO sometimes when i hit bumps or potholes it seems like i almost lose the steering wheel NYC streets are terrible

In the RX's and in all Lexus' i find it's easier to speed because you "can't" feel it!!

wow i can definately agree with you there i got pulled over about 3 months ago for doing 100 on the highway and the speed limit was 60 LOL :D

In the RX's and in all Lexus' i find it's easier to speed because you "can't" feel it!!

wow i can definately agree with you there i got pulled over about 3 months ago for doing 100 on the highway and the speed limit was 60 LOL :D

I'm telling you it's impossible to keep a constant speed. one second i'll look down and it's 40mph, then a split second later it's at 45mph.

It's too smooth ;)