Anyone Ever Buy A Car Of Ebay?

LexKid630

Say i lived in RI (which i do LOL) and bought a car from a dealer that was in California....Could they give me a warranty? and if so, how would that work if something broke?

Sure they could give you a warranty and your LEXUS stealer should honor it.

Do you have a specific car in mind Lex? I'm not 100% sure, but I think the law's vary from state to state........read all the fine print on e-bay with regards to that stuff. Being in Ontario, I wouldn't purchase a car out of province as the laws are different in different parts of Canada........Ontario has the toughest regulations in the country which is a benefit to consumers so there would be no reason to buy outside the province or country for that matter. B)

:cheers:

Do you have a specific car in mind Lex?  I'm not 100% sure, but I think the law's vary from state to state........read all the fine print on e-bay with regards to that stuff.  Being in Ontario, I wouldn't purchase a car out of province as the laws are different in different parts of Canada........Ontario has the toughest regulations in the country which is a benefit to consumers so there would be no reason to buy outside the province or country for that matter.  B)

:cheers:

I don't really have a car in mind, i just see all these deals!! Cars are selling for $3-8,000 less than what they're really worth!! It would be nice to get one and sell it for a profit..Just an "idea." LOL

Here's something interesting regarding ebay. A couple of years ago, my cousin was selling a Corvette on ebay. Some guy contacted her about the car and said he would buy it. She was skeptical about the deal. Something didn't seem right. Sure enough, she was right. Somebody called her from the FBI or other law enforcement agency and told her that the person trying to buy the Corvette was a thief or scam artist and they were attempting to apprehend him. So, you have to be really careful. Of course, you have to be really careful when dealing with someone face-to-face also, not just on ebay.

Here's something interesting regarding ebay.  A couple of years ago, my cousin was selling a Corvette on ebay.  Some guy contacted her about the car and said he would buy it.  She was skeptical about the deal. Something didn't seem right.  Sure enough, she was right.  Somebody called her from the FBI or other law enforcement agency and told her that the person trying to buy the Corvette was a thief or scam artist and they were attempting to apprehend him.  So, you have to be really careful.  Of course, you have to be really careful when dealing with someone face-to-face also, not just on ebay.

I didn't think of that :chairshot: Oh well it was just a thought...

Say i lived in RI (which i do LOL) and bought a car from a dealer that was in California....Could they give me a warranty? and if so, how would that work if something broke?

Sure they could give you a warranty and your LEXUS stealer should honor it.

True if it's from a Lexus dealer you should be able to get it serviced at any lexus dealer..thanks ;)

I have sold 3 cars on E-Bay now. As a seller, it's been a decent experience. I sold a Corvette for more than I could have locally. Sometimes all it takes are two guys willing to fight each other to the end to be the winner. I think there may be some deals out there, but I personally would never buy a car off E-Bay. The way I see it, people want to believe the car is great, even though you really can't see the car's true condition without an up-close detailed inspection and test drive. I ofter see over 1,000 views on a particular car. Chances are, one or two of those thousand will be dumb enough to bid too much. And, unfortunately, you also have fixed auctions, where a friend will help drive up the price for the Seller. It's tempting and convenient, and I think the only way I would buy on E-Bay is if I didn't have to send any $ without having the right to fully inspect the car first.