Grille Guard For 400h

I read a post somewhere from a 400h owner who was told by Lexus that installing a grille guard on a 400h would invalidate the warranty.  Something to do with airflow to the HSD or airbag deployment.  Comments??

Many think that grille guards can affect the way the airbags deploy..but i don't agree.

When you're going 60mph+ on the highway, no way that piece of metal is gonna stop your front end from smashing. And i think the switches for the airbags don't exactly need the "impact". They work by the difference in speed. Like if you were going 60mph then in a split second not going at all. I have a grille gaurd on my Rx330. I'm not so sure how it affects the warranty on a 400h though.

I read a post somewhere from a 400h owner who was told by Lexus that installing a grille guard on a 400h would invalidate the warranty.  Something to do with airflow to the HSD or airbag deployment.  Comments??

I believe a good option is the Road Block sold by the dealer. It's a clear protector that protects the painted bumper, part of hood, side window painted surface and door edges.

It's better than the grille guards because it wont cause a mismatch paint

A peice of metal in front of a car takes impact and sends it throught the car back to the passangers causeing them to move instead of the intended objective of full crumple zones in a crash which is to have the sheetmetal and other parts bend and fold to absorb the impact so the occupants don;t have to.

Either protect the truck or yourself take your pick which is more important.

The only ones sold by any manufacturers are ones that have break aways mounts which break off in an impact.

Well after a bit of more research i have decided to take the grille guard off my Rx330.

It didn't look right anyway. If it was polished stainless steel i might have reconsidered. It's not worth it. The black doesn't look good.

Well after a bit of more research i have decided to take the grille guard off my Rx330.

It didn't look right anyway. If it was polished stainless steel i might have reconsidered. It's not worth it. The black doesn't look good.

Good choice, in my humble opinion. Frankly, I don't know why grill guards are even legal when driving on public roads. From what I have read, grill guards are more dangerous to the occupants of your own vehicle, clearly more dangerous to any car you hit (acts like a battering ram). And I think they make the Lexus vehicles look less "slick" anyway. Just one person's opinion.

Good choice, in my humble opinion. Frankly, I don't know why grill guards are even legal when driving on public roads. From what I have read, grill guards are more dangerous to the occupants of your own vehicle, clearly more dangerous to any car you hit (acts like a battering ram). And I think they make the Lexus vehicles look less "slick" anyway. Just one person's opinion.

I do like the looks of the polished stainless steel grille guards for the Rx300 though. I like it with either a blue or black rx300.

I do like the looks of the polished stainless steel grille guards for the Rx300 though. I like it with either a blue or black rx300.

Kid...have yours painted to match your vehicle. How would that look?

My brother wants to put a center grill guard on his black 400h. At first, I thought it might look cool. After thinking about it, I don't know. Might look like a Subaru. At this point, it's a moot point because, to my knowledge, there are no grille guards for the 400h.

Oh, by the way, today I had to go to the post office. Always very scary. I saw a Kia Sorento. The grille does look just like the Sport grille for the RX330. :( :( :( :( :(

Haven't thought of that!! ;)

Kid...have yours painted to match your vehicle. How would that look?

My brother wants to put a center grill guard on his black 400h. At first, I thought it might look cool. After thinking about it, I don't know. Might look like a Subaru. At this point, it's a moot point because, to my knowledge, there are no grille guards for the 400h.

Oh, by the way, today I had to go to the post office. Always very scary. I saw a Kia Sorento. The grille does look just like the Sport grille for the RX330. :( :( :( :( :(

The grille guards for the Rx330 don't fit the 400h?

Based on my research, the grille guards for the RX330 will not transfer to the RX400h due to the changes for the Hybrid Synergy Drive.

Here's a link to some tubular grille guards. Not sure if they are stainless or not.

http://www.trucktoys4less.com/lexusrx330.html

Good for you! It didn't look right on your car anyway. That type of grill gaurd looks like it belongs on an Explorer 4wheeling! :unsure:

Edited by 400h4me

400h4me

You are a new member and read the rulesso it shuold be fresh in your head.

Keep the stupid comments to yourself.

thank you

LOC BAD SPELLER

You're right! I did read the rules and maybe I was insulting in my opinion about how the guard grill looked on the RX330, but it was my opinion. I will keep these opinions to myself in the future. Thank you for pointing this stupid comment out.

:cheers:

400h4me

thank you

LOC BAD SPELLER

Your right! I did read the rules and maybe I was insulting in my opinion about how the guard grill looked on the RX330, but it was my opinion. I will keep these opinions to myself in the future. Thank you for pointing this stupid comment out.

..wait LOL what did you say anyway? i wont be insulted :P

400h4me

thank you

LOC BAD SPELLER

You're right! I did read the rules and maybe I was insulting in my opinion about how the guard grill looked on the RX330, but it was my opinion. I will keep these opinions to myself in the future. Thank you for pointing this stupid comment out.

I said the guard grill looked ugly and by removing it.....you now show me you have class. I guess I forgot to say it was in my opinion that I didn't like the looks of...........and that came accross as a insulting and stupid comment! If in any way I hurt your feelings I apologize.:blushing:

400h4me

thank you

LOC BAD SPELLER

I said the guard grill looked ugly and by removing it.....you now show me you have class. I guess I forgot to say it was in my opinion that I didn't like the looks of...........and that came accross as a insulting and stupid comment! If in any way I hurt your feelings I apologize.:blushing:

No, i don't mind LOL We all have our personal tastes!! ;) Yoy're right anyway i don't like the black grille gaurd on the 330.

400h4me

thank you

LOC BAD SPELLER

No, i don't mind LOL We all have our personal tastes!! ;) Yoy're right anyway i don't like the black grille gaurd on the 330.

LexKid630

Thank you for understanting! Now I know the rules and I won't be unkind again.