Questions Of How Good Of A Buy

GSsoldier

Anything that doesn't need any mods to install of that nature is the best possible.

If something needs bending and washers to fit ,how is it supposed to stiffen anything.

$75 for a cnc peice is actually an amazing price considering a normal cnc made part usually costs in the hundreds.

the trd one only needs to add some washers no bending required from what i understand but the price is sky high compared to this

but i see what u mean i think i really might get this

Hang on second before you place an order.

Look closely at the picture. I can't tell for sure, but there appears to be two nuts screwed on to threaded rods connected to the milled aluminum piece. If this is the case then you don't want this one. Those threaded rods and nuts that are connected to them present a weak link in the bar and the potential for the nuts to come loose over time is very likely (I have seen this happen before on a strut bar that my younger brother put on his Impreza). This could allow the bar to move back and forth without remaining truly rigid in which case it would really serve no purpose.

What you want is a solid middle piece bar connected to both mounting posts with a single perpendicular bolt on each end. There should be no more than two bolts/nuts on the strut bar (one on each end) in order for it to truly remain rigid w/ no chance of it sliding or coming loose in the middle.

It's kind of hard for me to describe exactly what I am talking about, but you should look around to see if you can find something that has a single piece in the middle. Price will probably be closer to $125 +.

Again - the picture isn't that clear so I could have totally misread this whole thing.

What is the point of this piece? Does it help with steering and support when one is pounding on the LEXUS?

Chris

The strut tower brace is made for a LS400 and you want to put it on a LS400 so where do you think the washers should go ? It appears to be an exact fit. Leo at luxurymods will help you out on fitment before you buy. Contact him with any questions that you might have. I am sure you'll be pleased with the product. B)

im not completely sure what it does if any memeber knows more then i then please chime in but im pretty sure it stiffens the body so there is less body roll

also those bolts that are on the strut them seem to be welded into place i dont know any members any ideas?

-joe

im not completely sure what it does if any memeber knows more then i then please chime in but im pretty sure it stiffens the body so there is less body roll

also those bolts that are on the strut them seem to be welded into place i dont know any members any ideas?

-joe

It helps stiffen the chassis and prevent chassis and strut deflection/body roll. It is best used in conjunction with a front and rear anti-sway bar.

http://www.suprastore.com/trdfronstrut.html

this is the one that the supra uses and with a few added washer it will fit in this car too

I bought a strut bar for a supra to fit into my LS... but the bar needs to be bent to fit, and from the look of it, using washers isnt going to be effective.

I think I paid 20bucs for it from ebay, and havent had time to installed it yet.

O_O bent??? oh man thats RE-dic... but at least it was only 20 and not the 200... hmm it would to get the one from luxpros i think thats the one im set on.

anyone have any pictures with one installed i would love to see how it went in