Warning!

Well, our RX400h has been at the collision center for 9 days now and Lexus cannot come up with an RX400h bumper. So far, two RX330 bumpers have been sent to the collision center and I'm hearing that there are NO RX400h front bumpers in the US. In the meantime, my wife is renting a Maxima and getting a bit upset.

Does anyone know the Lexus corporate phone number?

It is on the windsheild but i guess you don't have the car to know.

1-800-25-lexus

Thanks. They are looking into the situation. :wacko:

Well, our RX400h has been at the collision center for 9 days now and Lexus cannot come up with an RX400h bumper. So far, two RX330 bumpers have been sent to the collision center and I'm hearing that there are NO RX400h front bumpers in the US. In the meantime, my wife is renting a Maxima and getting a bit upset.

9 days? Wow. And it sounds like it might take a lot longer for them to get the part since there are none in the U.S. That sucks.

The sad thing is that I purposely asked the appraisers if there would be much of a delay in getting ahold of the bumper, considering how new the vehicle is. I was told 3-5 days was sufficient to get the part. The good news is that more than a few people are trying to find a bumper. The bad news is that the rental car bill is piling up as we wait. :cries:

xxxxx xxxxxx xxx

Am I the only person that finds it highly amusing that this person created an account at 7:20AM today, and spent the entire morning posting ignorant nonsensical trash every 2 minutes to the Lexus Owners Club forums until he got banned?

Probably!

I got a flat via a puncture in the sidewall of my tire. The dealer put the spare on (glad Lexus has full size spares), but he told me that the Michelins that my 400 has are on back order. Its been two weeks and he still doesn't know when they will be in.

I got a flat via a puncture in the sidewall of my tire. The dealer put the spare on (glad Lexus has full size spares), but he told me that the Michelins that my 400 has are on back order. Its been two weeks and he still doesn't know when they will be in.

Until then, hope that you don't get another flat!

Apparently, Lexus thought about having enough parts to ship RX400hs but forgot about spare parts!

I may have to have the collision center reinstall the old bumper. Letting the vehicle sit for extended periods is NOT recommended.

Get your insurance company to write it off and buy you a new one since it is irrepairable. :)

Usually Lexus would have parts coming over with new vehicles if needed.

I agree ,a good idea to have the old one fitted until.....

Does anyone know the  Lexus corporate phone number?

....18 days and no bumper yet! Everyone, please, do not allow anyone to damage either of your bumpers. Boy, do we miss the 400h.

My god! The rental bill must be insane...

It is and getting worse by the day. The other thing is that we were getting spoiled by the NAV. Now we feel like lost nomads in the Sahara!

"If you can determine the part number for the bumper or any other Lexus part then you can search the parts inventories of Lexus dealers nationwide at http://www.partsvoice.com/partsvoice/conte...part.html"

The Lexus parts guy did scan the country and found zero - nada front bumper covers for the 2006 RX400h. Ours is coming from Japan.

My god! The rental bill must be insane...

It is and getting worse by the day. The other thing is that we were getting spoiled by the NAV. Now we feel like lost nomads in the Sahara!

"If you can determine the part number for the bumper or any other Lexus part then you can search the parts inventories of Lexus dealers nationwide at http://www.partsvoice.com/partsvoice/conte...part.html"

The Lexus parts guy did scan the country and found zero - nada front bumper covers for the 2006 RX400h. Ours is coming from Japan.

I WOULD SEND THE RENTAL CAR BILL TO LEXUS if your insurance doesn't cover it!!! No way I would pay it myself. Not your fault Lexus didn't plan ahead for replacement parts!! :angry:

I WOULD SEND THE RENTAL CAR BILL TO LEXUS if your insurance doesn't cover it!!!  No way I would pay it myself.  Not your fault Lexus didn't plan ahead for replacement parts!! :angry:

I called the bumper-basher's insurance company today and their representative agreed that it is certainly not our fault that we've had the rental car for so long. The RX is very drivable, but we and the repair facility were duped into thinking that the bumper cover would be in soon. Of course, the repar facility's listing of damaged parts, including a 2005 RX330 bumper cover couldn't have helped matters, either. When I asked them about this, they replied that the RX400h "isn't in the system, and we HAD to list something". So, the dealership could've been duped as well! What a mess!

At least the agent is not going to withold payment to us for use of the rental vehicle. But I agree that Lexus should pay for some of it.

I would definately be looking for rental re-imbursement either from lexus or from the guy's insurance company. Talk to your insurance agent about it.

I agree with Steve, et. al. 100%. You shouldn't be out 1 penny for the rental vehicle.

Is it not possible for the body shop to put the damaged bumper back on and give you YOUR car back until a new bumper cover is located?? No offense to anyone but, at this point, that would seem to be the sensible thing to do. Who knows how long it will take to get the necessary parts.

I would definately be looking for rental re-imbursement either from lexus or from the guy's insurance company. Talk to your insurance agent about it.

I agree with Steve, et. al. 100%. You shouldn't be out 1 penny for the rental vehicle.

Is it not possible for the body shop to put the damaged bumper back on and give you YOUR car back until a new bumper cover is located?? No offense to anyone but, at this point, that would seem to be the sensible thing to do. Who knows how long it will take to get the necessary parts.

Actually, this is exactly what I intended to do last Monday. Before I did, I called Lexus parts and the guy there insisted that the bumper cover was due to arrive on Wednesday. Upon hearing this, I canceled my plan to retrieve the RX. Of course, every day since Wednesday has been sending my blood pressure up. The two things that bother me most is that our RX is not being driven (startup battery is slowly losing its charge and engine fluids are not being circulated - never a good thing) and for the time being, we are being reimbursed only 85% of the rental fee (which we have to pay up-front) Should eventual arbitration deem that we did NOT have to beep at the guy as he suddenly veered into our RX, then we will receive the other 15%. However, that may take months.

What I don't want to do is drop off the rental car, pick up the Rx and hear two days later that the part is in and we will need to drop off the RX for two or three days. Murphy's law says that this is what will happen. In the meantime, we drive a Maxima that smells like smoke, gets worse gas mileage, and has no NAV!

The nav is really an issue, I've become pretty dependent on it and I've found that I dont learn my way places like I used to. When I rent a car without it that really becomes an issue.

Wow, I can't believe all that! That would make me really frustrated. I am doing some research for my uncle before he buys a 400h, and I always thought it was great that lexus gives you a lexus when your car is in for service. paying $50,000 for a car to get a $15,000 (that smells like smoke, gets less mileage, and who know what other abuse that car has had) when you need repairs always made me mad! I hope something works out for you to either get that damn bumper soon, or at least get a nice lexus w/navigation to use in the meantime!

Wow, I can't believe all that!  That would make me really frustrated.  I am doing some research for my uncle before he buys a 400h, and I always thought it was great that lexus gives you a lexus when your car is in for service.  paying $50,000 for a car to get a $15,000 (that smells like smoke, gets less mileage, and who know what other abuse that car has had) when you need repairs always made me mad!  I hope something works out for you to either get that damn bumper soon, or at least get a nice lexus w/navigation to use in the meantime!

Actually, the Lexus dealerships around here do not do body work repairs. One sends its customers to the Chevy dealership, one to a Mercedes body shop, and one to the nearby Toyota Collision center (which is where we brought our 400h).

The body shop doesn't provide a loaner vehicle, so we had to rent one from the local Enterprise.

Finally, I received a call from the body shop yesterday, telling me that the bumper is in (after 2 weeks of ordering it). Our RX has been in the shop for more than three weeks and we are VERY anxious to pick it up tomorrow. However, we WON'T be looking forward to paying for the rental Maxima up front.

Thanks for the support, everyone. Remember, don't let that front bumper get damaged!