Anyone Use The Xenon Or Piaa Lights..

akewlguy

Hello fellow LEXUS owners... Just wanted to find out if anyone uses the purple or blue tinted PIAA lights..

http://www.autothing.com/Products/Auto%20L...m-head-PIAA.htm

This link is what I am talking about.. I talked to a few people who have the bright white ones and they work great, but I was thinking about a color.. I just dont want it to geto to attract police??

Good night!

I have PIAA's on my old BMW. The color is more white than anything. If I was spending that money again I would go for the full HID setup. For older Lexus I am not sure. I know I can do a pretty nice setup in my BMW for like $370. Here is a pic of the PIAA's in action on the 750. Like I said more white than like blue but like you said they are perfect for not attracting attention.

PIAA's on a 1990 BMW 750iL

Picture_115.sized.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic. After I installed my new LKM, its the lighting control module, the lights seemed brighter.

Thanks

Blue tinted bulbs look cheesy. And they won't fool anyone.

A proper HID conversion is well worth the effort and money. They look great and illuminate the road very well. I've had factory HIDs on a few cars now and believe me you won't want to do without once you've lived with them, same for rain sensing wipers and rain repellent glass.

What is an HIR's?

Right now I am leaning towards HID. I hear they are great and I think I have a good contact who has a fair price.. I have been researching them quite a bit and I hear of numerous issues with the Korean ones.... Such as melting, buring out after 6 months and old style with two little boxes attached..

I also heard some different things about them being plug and play.. ?

Any feedback appreciated...

Aftermarket HIDs are not what I'd call plug and play. You'll need to be somewhat handy with tools and fabrication to install them .... or pay someone $150 or so to do it for you. You also should understand they will be illegal, as well as dangerous if installed poorly since they will blind oncoming traffic.

HIRs? Never heard of those.

A good HID kit is truely plug and play with the hardest part to the install being mounting the ballasts.

My kit was basically installed in 8 minutes by removing the bulbs and pluging the ballasts 9006 sockets in then inserting the bulbs.

All done.

HIR's are new but only applicable for 9005 and 9006 so far.

No added power sources needed ,no over wattage bulbs or anything weird.

It basically reflects unused infared light back onto the filament causing it to heat up and produce more light without any more expelled heat.

It is made by phiilips and now toshiba.

$30 a bulb on ebay of 140 for a pair elsewhere ,it is used on vipers already.

great info SK. If I was gonna out on HID on my BMW I would probably get 9006. i "believe" you can get 9006 for the foglights. I will do more research though. I 'll try and get a URL

Thanks

Many BMW fogs do use 9006 , so don't take the HID as it is longer than a conventional halogen bulb.

I can't remember about a 7 series though.

www.maxbimmer.com

or another one but i can;t remember its name.

Also bavarianautosport has great parts pretty cheap.

I was wrong about the foglights. I checked this morning and the guy on my board was selling his 6000k foglights and buying 8k. here's the link. I wouldnt thronw out that kind of money on foglights. I dont even use my foglights anyway. But I guess when you want the full setup , you want everything the same.

The lights

I have used Bavauto before. Kinda pricey and thankfully nothing has gone wrong in a while. Knock on wood : )

Thanks