Ls400 95

EaSeZ

The tank holds 22.5 gallons-low fuel light comes on with 5 gallons left. I get 20/26+ mileage. LSs get however much fuel econ you decide on-it's all about how you accelerate and keep it steady on the hwy.

Usually I fill up with about 5 gallons left in the tank, so right before the orange light comes on. An average highway tank is 475+ miles and city mileage is 390ish miles. These cars are great on fuel mileage!

Thanks for the quick reply bro ;) btw how many miles do you have on the LS400? I would like to pick up a 95-up lexus LS400. I love the ride smooth and drives incredible.

I concur with Blake. I got a 95 as well, and it all depends on how you drive. When I set cruise at 79mph, I pull off about 26/27 hwy. If you on and off the throttle, it's quite a bit lower. This past weekend I went to the beach, about 130 miles southeast of Raleigh. It usually takes me about a quarter tank, with just a slight tick more. But, due to the traffic this weekend, I was not able to set the cruise, and was speeding up, slowing down, speeding up, slowing down. Went from ranges of 55mph to 95mph. Took almost twice as much fuel to get there.

It surprises me when I hear people say they're getting mpg in upper 20s or some even reporting in 30s in other threads.

I have a 94ls with ~230k miles with new plugs, wires, cleaned fuel injectors etc, and I usually get 19/20 or 21 at best on hwy. I think 94's tank capacity is 24.5

I've had 1 92 model, 1 93 model, and 3 96's. All have gained me 23 around town and 27+ on the road. My 93 when I bought it was also getting 23 to 27 for over a year and all of a sudden, I started seeing 27 around town and 33 on the road. I know it sound like a fish story and I still cant explain it but nothing changed other than I started running the car in PWR mode. I always used the same gas station and even the same gas pump because the station had 7cents off 93 octane every Tuesday. ( That was my fill up day to save money). Anyway, I double and tripple checked my numbers and the mileage just shifted 4mpg up for some reason. I even thought my odometer shifted but all my traveling is to the same locations and documented correct with my company records and my odometer. Now that I tell this story, it makes me wonder why I sold that car ???? Now I'm driving a 96 LS with 135K and just took a trip to Savannah GA that was 500+ miles. Cruise locked on 79mph and the A/C running. (27mpg) Why would anyone drive a 4cyl when these 8's do so well ?? P.S. I now run all my cars in PWR mode just in case the spirit of my 93 returns.

Thanks for the help guys. Im looking forward to owning a Lexus. Im trying to find a 95+ LS400. Ill let yall know how it goes. thx for the info ;)

I've been getting right at 23 mpg in town on my 95, figured it several times now thinking I was off somehow but that's what I get. Really unbelievable. I had a honda accord LX once with a four banger that got barely that much.

The only thing is the Lex is kinda doggy but with the price of fuel these days I have no real problem dealing with it.

u dont ever see that kind of milage from a ford chevy or any american sedan now do you especially one with a V8 my 96 with 111k satisfys me with 22 mpg in city area

• 2 years later...

• 2 months later...
I live in california and gas is nuts here. 91 - 2.85. 89 - 2.75. 87 - 2.65. On a full tank you get about 400+ miles?

This was posted nearly two years ago. I'd love to pay these prices right now. It just shows how crazy things have gotten with gas prices.

I live in california and gas is nuts here. 91 - 2.85. 89 - 2.75. 87 - 2.65. On a full tank you get about 400+ miles?

This was posted nearly two years ago. I'd love to pay these prices right now. It just shows how crazy things have gotten with gas prices.

Was thinking the same thing!LOL Paid $3.51 3 days ago and felt like I was stealing it here in FL