Someone Keyed My Wife's Es330!

just a few minutes ago wife came home from work and discovered a long white line across the drivers side of her es330. It's a scratch! It starts about 3 inches over the left-front wheel well, and goes all the way down to the rear light! It's not very deep but very noticable!

Do the dealer's have touch-up paint or do i have to get it online? Is it still going to show? Can i have it buffed or something? I don't want to have the whole side repainted considering i know how long "rushed" paint jobs look and LAST!!

Do you think it's an accident!!?? This looks like no accident to me! what kind of sick animal keys someones car!!!

Ya I agree with Lexuseses about filing a claim with insurance because that's a lot of area scratched and it's definitely going to cost a lot of money if you have it professionally repainted. Hopefully your deductible isn't high.

People these days.... :chairshot: <_<

just a few minutes ago wife came home from work and discovered a long white line across the drivers side of her es330. It's a scratch!  It starts about 3 inches over the left-front wheel well, and goes all the way down to the rear light! It's not very deep but very noticable!

Do the dealer's have touch-up paint or do i have to get it online? Is it still going to show? Can i have it buffed or something?  I don't want to have the whole side repainted considering i know how long "rushed" paint jobs look and LAST!!

Do you think it's an accident!!??    This looks like no accident to me! what kind of sick animal keys someones car!!!

My car got keyed recently from front quarter to rear BOTH sides. $2500 insurance claim!

Sorry to hear about that dude. There are a lot of sick people out there that would do it for entertainment, especially if it's a nice car that stands out. This is no accident...how can the scratch be that long down the side of the car without that person knowing they had something scraping the car. You can buy touch up paint from the dealer....but it will always look different from the rest of the body if you try touching it up with touch up paint even if it's the same colour. I usually use touch up paint for rock chips on my front hood and bumper..and even then if you go up closely u can see a difference in paint. My suggestion is to go to the dealer and see what they can do or even a detailing shop/body shop and see if they can easily repair it. let us know what happens.

just a few minutes ago wife came home from work and discovered a long white line across the drivers side of her es330. It's a scratch!  It starts about 3 inches over the left-front wheel well, and goes all the way down to the rear light! It's not very deep but very noticable!

Do the dealer's have touch-up paint or do i have to get it online? Is it still going to show? Can i have it buffed or something?  I don't want to have the whole side repainted considering i know how long "rushed" paint jobs look and LAST!!

Do you think it's an accident!!??    This looks like no accident to me! what kind of sick animal keys someones car!!!

It happens all the time I am afraid. :( Can you post pics of the damage so we might have a better idea of a fix?

:cheers:

just make sure the car did not get it from a tree branch.

I had long scratches albeit light ones, and they were from me pulling out of my driveway- there are bushes on the side of the driveway that caused them.

if they are down to the paint- it was intentional,. find out if there was some road rage that could have led up to it.either way , it sux.

Take it to a few good detail shops first, you'd be surprised what can be buffed out. Even some things you can feel with your fingernail.

Sorry that happened! That kind of stuff makes me sick...

Run your finger nail over the scratch, if you can feel a bump/indention, they you can't buff it out.

Maybe file a claim on your insurance or ask a local lexus dealer on what they use to detail their cars.

I would recommend NOT going thru your insurance for something minor. Every claim raises your premiums. Even if you switch companies, they all share information and the additional costs will transfer with you.

Insurance should only be used in catastrophic incidents and accidents. The money you save by not having your premuiums raised will more than cover the cost of getting your scratch fixed.Plus, the longer you go without a claim can lower your premiums over time.

I would recommend NOT going thru your insurance for something minor.  Every claim raises your premiums. Even if you switch companies, they all share information and the additional costs will transfer with you.

Insurance should only be used in catastrophic incidents and accidents. The money you save by not having your premuiums raised will more than cover the cost of getting your scratch fixed.Plus, the longer you go without a claim can lower your premiums over time.

Agreed! The insurance companies look for any small excuse to up your rates.....for something like this, I wouldn't even consider calling your insurance company. B)

Run your finger nail over the scratch, if you can feel a bump/indention, they you can't buff it out.

Maybe file a claim on your insurance or ask a local lexus dealer on what they use to detail their cars.

I would recommend NOT going thru your insurance for something minor. Every claim raises your premiums. Even if you switch companies, they all share information and the additional costs will transfer with you.

On the contrary, your insurance premium will NOT increase because this damage done to your vehicle was not your fault. I filed a claim and was concerned about that myself but stuff like this beyond your control, has no influence on your risk factor for the insurance company. You will only be responsible for your deductible.

On the contrary, your insurance premium will NOT increase because this damage done to your vehicle was not your fault.  I filed a claim and was concerned about that myself but stuff like this beyond your control, has no influence on your risk factor for the insurance company.  You will only be responsible for your deductible.

In Canada at least, I'm afraid that is not the case as the premiums will increase regardless. B)

The scratch isn't deep, just enough to show the primer. None of the primer was removed.

And it wasn't done by a bush or anything like that. The height changes. It starts above the fender, and has a downward slope, and then goes up a little to the rear light, and curves around an inch or two..There isn't even one scratch or mark on the whole car...now this! Makes me so mad.

I have a guess as to who this is, but how could i prove it. There are no cameras or anything that could prove this b*****d did it! I guess that's what you get when you're a lawyer; enemies lol

I can't believe i'm gonna have to get this whole side painted! I'll bring it to my dealer; maybe it can be toughed up and buffed to make it a little less noticable.

These low lifes that do stuff like this. I'm just glad it's not a lease. lol

I'd rather not bring the insurance co into this. I just hope it's not a lot to fix it.

On the contrary, your insurance premium will NOT increase because this damage done to your vehicle was not your fault. I filed a claim and was concerned about that myself but stuff like this beyond your control, has no influence on your risk factor for the insurance company. You will only be responsible for your deductible.

Yep same here, my rates did not increase at all when I filed insurance claims for vandalism/break in or for the hit and run on my door. All I had to do was take care of the deductible and my insurance company took care of the rest. Your ES should have full coverage and that problem should be covered.

Sorry, but that is not good advice. I come from an insurance family and used to work in my father's insurance office.

If you were filing a collision claim, you do have to be concerned about rates being increased. This one would be a comprehensive claim - and there are generally no penalties for filing a comprehensive claim. In addition, most people have lower deductibles for comprehensive than for collision, so you probably won't be out as much.

I'd suggest calling your agent right away and ask them if there will be any consequences if you file the claim. I'll bet you there won't be -- and you can share half the insurance money with me as a reward. :rolleyes:

Maybe i'll give my insurance co a call. I can't stand to pay for this. I beautiful car ruined because of some sick animal.

It doesn't even last 3 months before i have to re-paint it. This makes me mad! Even if i get it re-painted it's still gonna look different. It won't last, and will peal etc. Jeez. It only has 11k miles on it!! I'd like to get the person who did this!

Yep same here, my rates did not increase at all when I filed insurance claims for vandalism/break in or for the hit and run on my door. All I had to do was take care of the deductible and my insurance company took care of the rest. Your ES should have full coverage and that problem should be covered.

For vandalism, your experience is going to be almost universal. Filing a claim for vandalism will not increase your premiums anywhere that I'm aware of.

However, be careful about hit and run. In some circumstances, a hit and run COULD increase your premiums. Not always, and not everywhere, but it can happen - particularly if it happens more than once. Best advice is to always call your agent to ask.

For vandalism, your experience is going to be almost universal. Filing a claim for vandalism will not increase your premiums anywhere that I'm aware of.

However, be careful about hit and run. In some circumstances, a hit and run COULD increase your premiums. Not always, and not everywhere, but it can happen - particularly if it happens more than once. Best advice is to always call your agent to ask.

My insurance did not increase regarding the hit and run (my agent told me it wouldn't), and that was the first such claim I've made. Lexkid you have nothing to worry about because your type of claim will be a vandalism claim and as what jragosta said it's covered by your comprehensive portion of your insurance.

Even if i get it re-painted it's still gonna look different. It won't last, and will peal etc. Jeez. It only has 11k miles on it!! I'd like to get the person who did this!

I'm sorry to hear about this disaster. Your car will look near perfect if you get a good, reputable body shop to do the work, and there's no need to worry about peeling or other problems because almost all body shops(around here at least) offer a lifetime warranty on the work they do to the car. My LS was backed in to several months ago, and they painted the entire side of the car, but you'd never know since the paint match and blending is that good. After I had my car back for about a month, someone pointed out a defect in the work on the car; I brought it back, and they corrected the problem at no charge to me under the warranty. On such a new car, I'd spend the money and get it fixed right. ;)

Even if i get it re-painted it's still gonna look different. It won't last, and will peal etc. Jeez. It only has 11k miles on it!! I'd like to get the person who did this!

I'm sorry to hear about this disaster. Your car will look near perfect if you get a good, reputable body shop to do the work, and there's no need to worry about peeling or other problems because almost all body shops(around here at least) offer a lifetime warranty on the work they do to the car. My LS was backed in to several months ago, and they painted the entire side of the car, but you'd never know since the paint match and blending is that good. After I had my car back for about a month, someone pointed out a defect in the work on the car; I brought it back, and they corrected the problem at no charge to me under the warranty. On such a new car, I'd spend the money and get it fixed right. ;)

I decided i'm getting the whole side re-painted. The dealer said the scratch is too deep and would show if it was just touched up. i'm getting it painted at the same place i got my rx and gs430 re-painted a few years ago. I hope i get a good warranty!

Thanks guys ;)

I decided i'm getting the whole side re-painted. The dealer said the scratch is too deep and would show if it was just touched up. i'm getting it painted at the same place i got my rx and gs430 re-painted a few years ago. I hope i get a good warranty!

Thanks guys ;)

is the shop in Rhode Island? I need a shop- I don't care where it is as long as it's good! (in the north east)

The shop is in Providence. it's called Gsr Auto Repair Service. it's on Addison Pl

So far i've had good service from them. They're very fast and the work comes out pretty well. I had my wife's 03 gs430 and my 03 rx300 done there. They match the color perfrectly!