Bluetooth Phone Recommendations?

patt

I've heard that within the last month, Verizon updated the Motorola phone's software and it is not an issue anymore. They have a printed flyer regarding the issue next to the display of phones. My understanding is that the contacts can be transferred, but only one by one. Hope this helps.

Just talked to someone who seems to know about the Motorola v710 issue at Verizon. There is a fix, but they haven't implemented it yet. The are currently evaluating the situation, but one of the tech guys told me it's probably just a matter of time before the patch is available. But if everyone complains, perhaps something will happen faster....although this is the phone company so who knows if they'll listen!

I have 4 phone paired with my RX400h and it works well. 

You can use one phone at a time and paired up to 4 phones.  YOu can switch within all the phones that had been paired. If you like to switch phone, you have to choose from the menu.

Every time when I start my car, it paired up and ready to go.  I am not using my Boluetooth headset any more because I don't have to flight to put it over my ear while I am driving and I don't have to charge it at night.

Can you change the paired phone while driving?

I've had the Verizon Treo 650 for about 4 days now and have experienced no problems.  The only issue was my own fault.  I mistakenly transferred the wrong number to the car and had to change it.  I thought I could hit the "replace #" key and I was very wrong.  The whole directory deleted and I had to start over.  What a pain!!!!!    :chairshot:

The bluetooth almost always automatically connects and everyone can hear me very well.  Very easy to set up!!!!!!

Can you explain how you paired up your Verizon Treo to the lexus BT. I've been trying since yesterday without any luck. I even went back to the dealer and they couldn't get it either. I pair with my motorola BT headset no problem. When I try to pair with the car, the phone seems to see the car and I enter the passkey, but the car never sees the phone.

I've had the Verizon Treo 650 for about 4 days now and have experienced no problems.  The only issue was my own fault.  I mistakenly transferred the wrong number to the car and had to change it.  I thought I could hit the "replace #" key and I was very wrong.  The whole directory deleted and I had to start over.  What a pain!!!!!   :chairshot:

The bluetooth almost always automatically connects and everyone can hear me very well.  Very easy to set up!!!!!!

Can you explain how you paired up your Verizon Treo to the lexus BT. I've been trying since yesterday without any luck. I even went back to the dealer and they couldn't get it either. I pair with my motorola BT headset no problem. When I try to pair with the car, the phone seems to see the car and I enter the passkey, but the car never sees the phone.

I found the solution on another forum. After you enter the passkey into the phone, the lexus will still say "waiting for connection", but it's really connected. It is recommended that at that point you use the phone to make an outgoing call. The lexus will pick up the call and broadcast through the stereo. From this point forward, the system should work automatically and the two devices should pair up every time you get into the car without you having to do anything.

BTW..the signal strength meter still isn't active.

I've had the Verizon Treo 650 for about 4 days now and have experienced no problems.  The only issue was my own fault.  I mistakenly transferred the wrong number to the car and had to change it.  I thought I could hit the "replace #" key and I was very wrong.  The whole directory deleted and I had to start over.  What a pain!!!!!   :chairshot:

I found the solution on another forum. After you enter the passkey into the phone, the lexus will still say "waiting for connection", but it's really connected. It is recommended that at that point you use the phone to make an outgoing call. The lexus will pick up the call and broadcast through the stereo. From this point forward, the system should work automatically and the two devices should pair up every time you get into the car without you having to do anything.

BTW..the signal strength meter still isn't active.

That's exactly how I did it. The key is to make an outgoing call right away. If the phone doesn't show, go into phone settings in the car and select the phone manually. It will automatically connect. I was told by palm one that it is possible that some downloaded applications may interfere, or even a hotsync... If this happens, simply delete the bluetooth connection manually from the phone, then go back through the add a phone process. I had to do this once about a week ago and have no problems automatically connecting every time I get in the car.

I activated a Nextel Motorola i605 to my 2005 RX330. All is fine except for one strange bug.

I can receive one call and hear normal sound through the car speaker. Any more calls can not be heard, nor can the caller hear me. If I restart the car, I can again hear the call one time.

Outgoing calls work fine.

Any ideas?

My phone connects perfectly to the Nav system via Bluetooth, but it seems after I dial a call I miss the first 3-5 seconds of the conversation.  Any suggestions?  Does everyone else's phone do this?  Everything is fine when I receive calls or originate calls from the touch screen,  I only seem to have a problem when call from my actual phone.  Thanks.

I have the same problem when I use my phone to dial out, I think it is because it is waiting for the bluethooth connection. If you dail from you car Navi system, it doesn't have that problem.

I too have that same problem. I use a Motorola V505 (same as V551), and it works great in every other area. I now have to say hello, over and over again to make sure the person I call doesn't hang up.

Another problem I have; if I turn off the car and try to continue a conversation, the phone hangsup. With the previous bluetooth that I had installed in my old Lexus, it would automatically switch over the call to the handset.

Has anyone figured out a way to hold onto the call when turning off the car?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Sprint LG325 and it pairs fine with my 2005 lexus 330. Actually everything except phonebook transfer works very well.

My question to the group is -- does anyone else find that the quality of sound is much worse than if you are using the phone directly?

Both the sound from the speakers and the sound to the person I call seems to drop quality and in some cases be less than intelligible. Any suggestions? Thx!

• 4 months later...
I have a Sprint LG325 and it pairs fine with my 2005 lexus 330.  Actually everything except phonebook transfer works very well. 

My question to the group is -- does anyone else find that the quality of sound is much worse than if you are using the phone directly? 

Both the sound from the speakers and the sound to the person I call seems to drop quality and in some cases be less than intelligible.    Any suggestions?    Thx!

Speak softly and experiment with different volume settings. The optimum setting will probably be lower than you thing.

Never shout at the car microphone !

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm a VZW customer so I can't transfer my phonebook with my RAZR V3c, but I just borrowed my girlfriend's SPRINT Samsung T608 and was able to transfer all my contacts in one shot to my 06 Lexus GS300. The only annoying thing was having to type my contacts into my gf's phone and then deleting them afterwards, but who cares... now I have my contacts in my car! Woo hoo!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this is an older thread but it is exactly the problem I'm having. Just bought a 2005 RX330 with Nav. I also have a Verizon Motorola Razr V3c. My phone connects flawlessley and fast but I can not download any contacts. I see a few messages stating you can do them one at a time. When ever I tell it to "download the phonebook" my BT connections disconnects right away. As soon as I hit cancel it connects again. I've seen posts saying it can't be done and posts saying that Verizon was going to fix it. Is it possible to download them one at a time now? If so how. I tried the dialing a phone number and adding it, it wouldn't even let me do that.

The other thing that I might use is I have a Dell Axim X50v that has bluetooth but I haven't tried it yet. Can it connect and download them there? Also the manual on how to download them is very brief, but I saw someone say something about only being able to add one phone number to each contact. Is this true? If so how do I go about making sure that it downloads the phone number I want?

Thanks for such a great forum. I have learned so much already.

Nancy

• 8 months later...
The Motorola Razor looks pretty good to me - any experience with that one? I've always had Nokia in the past and been reasonably happy with them except that it is a pain that they don't use a standard jack for the headset - I guess with Bluetooth I could just get a bluetooth headset. Do others find interference a problem with those?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have had very good luck with my Moto RAZR V3 using Bluetooth in the 400h. The pairing goes smoothly and it easily connects every time I start the car. The sound system works great with no noticeable delay. It's so sleek that I can just leave it in my pocket and use the Nav interface for everything. I also successfully transferred my phonebook to the 400h (although you need to do it one at a time). You can then put 17 names on the 1-Dial feature. These are the only numbers you can dial when moving. It works well and is easy to set up. So far so good.

I also used the phone over in Europe a couple weeks ago and it worked flawlessly. Coverage on Cingular should get even better as they consolidate AT&T towers.

I am using the Moto HS850 Blutooth headset and it works very well. I haven't experienced any significant interference. I wear it around my neck on a lanyard while traveling and place it on my ear when a call comes in.

Good luck.

How do you add them one at a time?

The Motorola Razor looks pretty good to me - any experience with that one? I've always had Nokia in the past and been reasonably happy with them except that it is a pain that they don't use a standard jack for the headset - I guess with Bluetooth I could just get a bluetooth headset. Do others find interference a problem with those?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have had very good luck with my Moto RAZR V3 using Bluetooth in the 400h. The pairing goes smoothly and it easily connects every time I start the car. The sound system works great with no noticeable delay. It's so sleek that I can just leave it in my pocket and use the Nav interface for everything. I also successfully transferred my phonebook to the 400h (although you need to do it one at a time). You can then put 17 names on the 1-Dial feature. These are the only numbers you can dial when moving. It works well and is easy to set up. So far so good.

I also used the phone over in Europe a couple weeks ago and it worked flawlessly. Coverage on Cingular should get even better as they consolidate AT&T towers.

I am using the Moto HS850 Blutooth headset and it works very well. I haven't experienced any significant interference. I wear it around my neck on a lanyard while traveling and place it on my ear when a call comes in.

Good luck.

I know this is an ancient thread, but since it's still around. . .

I have the iPhone and it connects seemlessly and works really well with the bluetooth system.

On top of that, the phone really is all it's cracked up to be. I've had lots of smartphones, and iPhone really does work.