My Hid Install

Ballast placement and wiring. Per request, some wished to see the install on pics.

Sorry it took me so long for this, its finals week here at MSU!!! :wacko:

post-1183-1114489195_thumb.jpg

post-1183-1114489280_thumb.jpg

post-1183-1114489345_thumb.jpg

these last two, sorry about them.. it was raining that day

post-1183-1114489502_thumb.jpg

post-1183-1114489519_thumb.jpg

They look good, but they don't look like HID's.  :blink:

:cheers:

I'm just wondering why you think they're not HID's? Sometimes it's hard to tell by looking at a picture the intensity or color of a light. :huh:

They look good, but they don't look like HID's.   :blink:

I'm just wondering why you think they're not HID's? Sometimes it's hard to tell by looking at a picture the intensity or color of a light. :huh:

In the pictures, I don't see a 'blue' tinge in the lights.......they appear white to me. B)

well....

they are 4300K. they are supposed to look mostly white/yellowish. So i wasnt going for much blue.

however, in person you can see baby blue in the lights.. and intensity of the beam lets u know they are HID's. It was raining that night, and camera's dont manage to take the best pic someimtes.

well....

they are 4300K.  they are supposed to look mostly white/yellowish.  So i wasnt going for much blue.

however,  in person you can  see baby blue in the lights.. and intensity of the beam lets u know they are HID's.    It was raining that night, and camera's dont manage to take the best pic someimtes.

They look good ;) B) The night & rainy pics must be the reason why they don't look as intense as I thought. B)

TO get a bluish tinge, you need 5000k bulbs atleast and perhaps 6000k bulbs.  Any higher than 6k, you will lose intensity and move to the purplish range which is useless.

I have 6K on mine and the purrplish comes from turn on or when looking at a distance.

For intensity, in terms on K, the 4,100 is the best from what I have read.

Yup. 4300k is what they usually start selling at. It is also the OEM color for factory HID's. The high K u go.. the bluer you get = darker= less actual brighteness.

I decided to get them because there are projecter style lights on the 92-96 GEN. This actually looks quite close to stock.

My point in getting these was safety over looks. Howver if you wanted bluer... its just a matter of changing out the bulbs.

stocks are real weak. which is why i had to switch. Its basically plug n play i guess... excpet that you have ballast for the new type of power.

xenondepot.com is where i got them, and all information is there.

Remember your low beams are 9006.

Another alternative to HID's are silverstars. They arent nearly as bright, but they are much better tthan original stocks... only until u buy those HID's that is !!!!

stocks are real weak.  which is why i had to switch.    Its basically plug n play i guess... excpet that you have ballast for the new type of power. 

xenondepot.com    is where i got them, and all information is there.

Remember your low beams are 9006. 

Another alternative to HID's are silverstars.  They arent nearly as bright, but they are much better tthan original stocks... only until u buy those HID's that is !!!!

i slapped a set of d2r's with matsu's ballasts, came out of a 04 g35, they look nice.

and then they burn your stock wires, and u wonder why you ever went through that. I cant believe how many of those are in circulation around EBay. its insane.... and yet apparently people still buy them. :chairshot:

I have one question about my install though....

having placed my ballasts on the bar on top of the light projectors inside the engine bay (as my pic shows) those new holes in the metal that i had to make for the placement, they wont rust will they?? I figured they wouldnt since its inside the engine bay and away from salt, rain, etc...

right ?? :huh:

I have one question about my install though....

having placed my ballasts on the bar on top of the light projectors inside the engine bay (as my pic shows)   those new holes in the metal that i had to make for the placement, they wont rust will they??  I figured they wouldnt since its inside the engine bay and away from salt, rain, etc... 

right ??  :huh:

Why not remove them just in case and add a dab of silicone grease to the screw threads. It would be a simple precaution.

nice job by the way!

I didnt think it was worth is to make the fog lights HID. Does anyone else differ? I dont think the size of the H3 bulb is large enough to produce a large beam anyways. Instead i decided to stick with silverstars.

In relation to my project.....

Rear side skirts, and Bumper are put on. They are from tsunami. they look phenomenal.

the front bumper is in progress... there are also fog lights that were made with them which use h3 bulbs. that is what brings on my idea of makin the fogs HID's. But im defineltly leaning towards no.

for those if you that are wondering......

my front end will look like this

post-1183-1114802102_thumb.jpg

the rear and sides....

post-1183-1114802193_thumb.jpg

All in black ofcourse!! :D im so excited. completion is wednesday

I didnt think it was worth is to make the fog lights HID.  Does anyone else differ?  I dont think the size of the H3 bulb is large enough to produce a large beam anyways.  Instead i decided to stick with silverstars. 

In relation to my project.....

Rear side skirts, and Bumper are put on.  They are from tsunami. they look phenomenal. 

the front bumper is in progress... there are also fog lights that were made with them which use h3 bulbs.  that is what brings on my idea of makin the fogs HID's.  But im defineltly leaning towards no.

for those if you that are wondering......

my front end will look like this

post-1183-1114802102_thumb.jpg

the rear and sides....

post-1183-1114802193_thumb.jpg

All in black ofcourse!!  :D    im so excited.  completion is wednesday

i know when i turn my parks and fogs on, the fogs give a shallow stright line, but it is wide. :)

yeah, thats cause your foglights are on the sides of your bumper. Originally mine were in the middle.... and much dimmer then the latter generations.

but my new set up has them on the sides too

I don't know why all cars aren't made with xenon's. They save on energy and look better. And yeah the fake ones ARE REALLY cheap ;)

Simply, because it costs more. :rolleyes: