"jerks" In Fourth Gear

I'm on my second ES300 now. The first was a 92, and this one is a 93. Anyhow, i've had the same problems out of both of them, this one in particular. At around 60 or so in fourth gear, if the rpms are at or below 2000, the engine starts to jerk very harshly. On the first car, i replaced spark plugs (Bosch Platinum 4+), the upper engine torsion rod, ran injector cleaner, and did some jerry rigging on the intake pipe, and that improved it greatly, but i dont want to do ALL that again. Has anyone else ever had this problem, and if so, what is it and how'd you fix it? FYI: the car has 126,000, and as far as i know still has the original plugs, so that could very well be it. Just haven't had time to replace them yet. Also, where could one find the clear replacements for the amber turn signals on the sweet !Removed! of my 93 ES? I've seen them everywhere in pics, but just not for sale. Thanx!

you cant buy the clear amber part you have to do the mod yourself.what you do is take out the light and heat it up in a oven and then pry it open and take out the amber insert then put it back together.its posted all over the forum so look around and you will find it.i also posted about the front headlights because you can make them all clear also.as for the jerking in forth gear i never had that problem so im not sure what it could be but i would think first to do ischange spark plugs,air filter etc..if that dont work then maybe its a engine or transmission mount.does it shake when its in the gear?that could be a mount.

FYI: the car has 126,000, and as far as i know still has the original plugs

They recommend that the plugs should be changed at 60,000 miles, and sure..... the wires also. :rolleyes:

Hey guys. Changed my plugs today, and im gonna run injector cleaner soon as i run out 1/4 tank of gas. I'm pretty sure that fixed it. Found out that some shady mechanic had changed the 3 front plugs, but the 3 back ones were still original NGK's. Hard to find a trustworthy mech these days. Thats why i do these things myself. Anyhow, it made a huge difference in how the car behaves! (whew-that was an easy fix!) It not only doesnt "serge" anymore, but it shifts gears alot smoother now. Another thing i was worried about. About plug wires- i looked at them, and from what i could tell, they seemed fine. Who knows though? Probably would pay to replace them, but i didnt feel like it since they seemed okay, but i had thought of that before. Anyhow, thanks for the input! I'm sure i'll have more questions as time goes on-you know how cars are! Oh, and NeilLtYmE, just wanted to let you know youre my role model- i love your car! Mines black/gray two tone with a chrome stripe i just added today between the two colors. Gettin the windows tinted next week, and hopefully a spoiler soon. Im tryin to find a webcam so i can post a pic, but no luck so far. Anyhow, thanks again!

Oh, and NeilLtYmE, just wanted to let you know youre my role model- i love your car! Mines black/gray two tone with a chrome stripe i just added today between the two colors. Gettin the windows tinted next week, and hopefully a spoiler soon. Im tryin to find a webcam so i can post a pic, but no luck so far. Anyhow, thanks again!

thats always great to hear .... thanks man !

a web cam ? all you need is like a digital camera or something ... im sure thats what you meant though ...

yeha ... two tones are cool too ? Window tint is something i wanna go for next.... buts it damn pricey !

- NT :lol:

NeiLtYme- you're right about the RPM's, its more like 50 mph though. also, you have a 96 right? my mom does too, and ive noticed it seems to push more rpms and shift higher than the older 1MZ-FE powerplant, but anyhow. I looked for a coach edition after i totalled my 92, but couldnt find one for the right price. i wish i had leather though- my new one has cloth. its more sporty i think, but i still like that tan leather! thanks for the comment about the 2-tone. i would consider goin all black, but i think id rather paint the wheels a matching gray color insted. anyhow, i cant afford to do either right now b/c im gettin new Yokohama AVS ES100 P215/60's this weekend, and hopefully windows too! i dont know if you saw, but i asked you on one of the forums how your light project went, b/c i was thinkin about doin it myself. just cant get up the balls to risk my expensive lights, but im gettin closer every time i see a pic with em, cause DAMN! anyhow, get back at me. later. oh, and i found a digital camera, so hopefully pics soon! we can compare our ridez!