1993 Es300 Going To Get Driven Off A Cliff

It looks good and it runs and rides great. Radiator,Water Pump,Timing Belt and thermostat all replaced at 112,00 miles and also a new transmission installed at 130,000. Have receipts for all. Mileage 158,750..

HERE IS THE PROBLEM .....Just the other night the HEAT stopped working and now the temp needle keeps rising and gets pinned in about 15 minutes. When I shut the car off there is a gurgling in the reservoir bottle. The heat works on and off on the short ride..Could this be the thermostat again?

Where is the thermostat located on this car, I have heard 4 different things..Up top, under manifold, by the alternator and by the water pump..

Pic attached at bottom...LOL Car is still 4 sale..CHEAP

post-16736-1111774845_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help

how cheap? LOL. it is probably the Tstat again. if not its the WP, but not likely.

You have my sympathy, I know how frustrating it can be to have a car over heating etc, and keep throwing money at it and getting nowhere!

I had a truck doing the same thing. Did all hoses, the radiator, thermostat after thermostat, and still this dam overheating! We never looked at the water pump because it was not making any noise or leaking. I finally said screw it and did the pump because there was nothing else to do. In pulling the water pump we found out the shaft had rotted and the pump was not really turning inside. My mechanic was amazed as the pump should have leaked and made a lot of noise. I hope you find your fix and get back to being happy with your car.

It looks good and it runs and rides great. Radiator,Water Pump,Timing Belt and thermostat all replaced at 112,00 miles and also a new transmission installed at 130,000. Have receipts for all. Mileage 158,750..

HERE IS THE PROBLEM .....Just the other night the HEAT stopped working and now the temp needle keeps rising and gets pinned in about 15 minutes. When I shut the car off there is a gurgling in the reservoir bottle. The heat works on and off on the short ride..Could this be the thermostat again?

Where is the thermostat located on this car, I have heard 4 different things..Up top, under manifold, by the alternator and by the water pump..

Pic attached at bottom...LOL Car is still 4 sale..CHEAP

Same thing happened on my 1992. There was a bad seal on a feeder line to the water pump. Most of the coolant had leaked out. Cost around $300 to fix.

Not completely for Lexus here but generally these symptoms indicate the following: 1. a blown head gasket. 2. A craked or warped cylinder head, or 3. Both of the above.

I understand (and it's likley in the Frequently Asked Questions) that the Iron block/aluminum head engine used in '92-'93 models were prone to overheating and head gasket failures. Unfortunelty this is likley what happend to you. Also, this would explain why you lost your cabin heat as well. Good luck with your car.

That really sounds like a water pump problem.

My old '92 ES300 had this problem when I bought it. It turns out that the head gasket was bad and the cylinder head was warped. After I got the car back, The temp gauge kept rising intermittantly and I also heard the gurgling noise. The mechanic determined it was some stubborn air that wouldn't get out of the system. Once all the air was finally out, the problem was solved.