Headlight Problem

vshivik

hello everyone. i'm a newbie here, just got the car. got a little problem. after driving for a while, my HID light turns off on the passenger side. no apparent reason. when i noticed it, i turned the light switch off and back on, and the light went on. after a while, turned off again, and again, i turned the light switch off and back on, and it went on. any ideas? all the wiring seems to be good.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated. also, if this is the wrong topick for this particular discussion group, please let me know and direct me to the proper one.

thanks again. looking forward to your input.

hello everyone. i'm a newbie here, just got the car. got a little problem. after driving for a while, my HID light turns off on the passenger side. no apparent reason. when i noticed it, i turned the light switch off and back on, and the light went on. after a while, turned off again, and again, i turned the light switch off and back on, and it went on. any ideas? all the wiring seems to be good.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated. also, if this is the wrong topick for this particular discussion group, please let me know and direct me to the proper one.

This is the Inside & Out / Detailing Forums section, if you wanted to know how-to- clean the lenses, remove water spots from the glass, etc we could help. I would suggest you post this in one of the other forum sectios

JonM

find the fuse for that headlight and make sure it is secure.

Also check the ground wire in the haness for that headlight.

Wiggle the wire harness around while the headlight is on and see if you can't get it to go out.

try this,

1. When you run into a circumstance where the headlight goes out, instead of turing it off for a while, go wiggle a few wires.

2. Swap the passenger side bulb with the driver side bulb. If the problem now happens on the driver side, it is the bulb. If not, then it is in the wiring or fuse on the passenger side.

I would venture a guess that a connection is being lost due to heat. As the light cools down when off, it re-established connection. log shot guess but worth a check.

steviej.

i am pretty sure it is a HID based set up

Your bulb may be going or it might be cracked.

Otherwise it is probably your ballasts but that is 2 parts consisting of a ballast and an ignitor.

First never turn the HID's on and off immediatly.

You need atleast 1 minute between cycles with them to either cool or heat the salts contained in them or it turns red for a few seconds which is a bad reaction.

Basically sometimes they do go out if their is a fluctuation in voltage as well.

If you can turn them on normally after then i would not worry about it.

After you check the fuse, the take the back cover off the headlight and make sure the plug in connector is good and tight, and not corroded. If that doesn't do it, then swap bulbs left and right.

I doubt if it's the ballast, since if that was bad it probably wouldn't start up the bulb fully in the first place.

This is the Inside & Out / Detailing Forums section, if you wanted to know how-to- clean the lenses, remove water spots from the glass, etc we could help. I would suggest you post this in one of the other forum sectios

JonM

I Preciosly had an accordd and i had a similar problem... check the connection that leads to your headlight and make sure it is secrued to the clip. Then if that doesnt solve the problem check your fuses In my accord it was the fuse that was loose. if none of this works then maybe you should post in another forum selection

take it to the dealer

i wouldn't post a question here if it was as easy as that, unfortunately, no warranty. but thanks for the thought anyway.

i checked the wiring, all seems to be good. wiggled everything i possibly could, and the light would not turn off. stayed on. it hasn't turned off yet, so this weekend was ok. will replace the ballasts and igniters with opposite sides to troubleshoot the problem this weekend. will keep you guys updated. thanks for everyone's input. much appreciated.