Tires

01GTB

i have sumitomos 255/40/17 dont buy these they are awsome for dry wether. but dont bother for snow. plus the rubber is so hard they go bald fast. great handling though not meant if u have a heavy foot

I got a good $25,000 miles out the Continental ContiExtreme Contact on my 95 SC400 for about $67 a piece. They handled well, road noise was ok, got around somewhat in the snow, but I used chains most of the time. Overall I like the tires, but the price was higher the second time around, about $92 a piece.

Once again I need help with my mom's 95 SC400. She needs new tires. The Yokohamas she has have been pretty disappointing. I have heard good things about the Falken Ziex Ze-512, at $77 they seem like a bargain. I was also looking at Goodyear F1 GS-D3's, but at nearly $50 more per tire, they would have to be really great...and for my mom, great would mean a nice ride and long wearing  :)  I also was looking at a BFG g-Force Sport, but I honestly have not heard anything one way or the other about them.

If you have any other recommendations for tires for her car, I am all ears.

BTW, where are the Falken's built? Japan I am guessing? They are not made in China are they?

Falken's are a Japanese tire & made in Japan.......you won't find a better tire for the money!! B)

:cheers:

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any information which would be a good tire size combination that would fit on my 95 sc 400 lexus so that the front will be a narrower than the back tires. I have a size 16 rims.

Gilman

I deliver to a tire shop that specializes in Bridgestone/Firestone,after reading all the posts about tires I decided to ask the tech's about Falken ziex 512's. They told me for the price Falken's blow all the other tires out of the water($59 each).I bought a set for my 93 sc300,smooth and quiet ride,like riding on rails.I liked them so much the next week I bought a set for my daughter's Saturn sports coupe.I really can't see how any other tire could be better as far as quiet and smooth,if that's what your looking for.The tread design is nice looking also.Check them out before making a purchase you'll be glad you did.

I deliver to a tire shop that specializes in Bridgestone/Firestone,after reading all the posts about tires I decided to ask the tech's about Falken ziex 512's. They told me for the price Falken's blow all the other tires out of the water($59 each).I bought a set for my 93 sc300,smooth and quiet ride,like riding on rails.I liked them so much the next week I bought a set for my daughter's Saturn sports coupe.I really can't see how any other tire could be better as far as quiet and smooth,if that's what your looking for.The tread design is nice looking also.Check them out before making a purchase you'll be glad you did.

Couldn't agree more! B) So far, 17 friends & family members (including my wife) have installed The Falken 512's........people can't believe how much tire they got for the money & have yet to hear any complaints & they all have driven in the winter months to boot! B)

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking of getting 4 of the Falken 512's for my stock rims. How wide and low can I go? Will any size between 255/40 to 255/55 fit in the back on the rims, or will I have issues? I don't believe rubbing is an issue just want to make sure it will fit on the rims. Thanks