M3 Or Sc300

If you are going to do any tracking events (road course) then the M3 for sure.  The SC is nice but the M3 is precise.  Get the M3.  Have you looked at a used Audi S4?  2000-2002.  Unfortunately for owners the values have dropped and I've seen some below 20K.

Already looked into that way over my price range...

well parts for the sc arent cheap either but may break down less, but none the less they are older cars so bushings and other rubber parts will need changing

my 92 sc400 is going out the door for a 94 325is. ive already checked prices on oem parts for both cars. parts for the sc are 120% - 180% more expensive than they are for the e36.

top fuel drag motors have a life span of 5 seconds, and get rebuilt every run. race motors detuned for street use will last a hell of a lot longer than a normal engine because of the ultra precice tolerences they are built to and the better materials used. a nascar motor detuned to spin only 6-7k rpm would definitely outlast any motor that was met for production use and still have alot of power.

bottom line, the sc has more potential. when i look at an sc, i see a hidden supra just waiting to be unleashed. the sc has so much more of an aftermarket for the engine just because its a 2jz. also i think there are alot of sexy body kits like the auto-couture, and the wald. i think that the sc is one of very few cars that maintains a classy feel even if it has over 1000hp and tq to the wheel. but honestly if you dont want a 10sec car, but you still want fast and sexy go with a 98+ sc400, put on a good exhaust and intake and watch the m3 fall behind.