Still Looking For Another Lexus

SRK

You all might recall that I was looking at a 98 LS400. Well, it turned out to have have a new left rear quarter panel $6500 hit, and a front and rear bumper hit for $4500. I passed.

So I then drove a 95 LS400 - nice car, pewter with a pale green interior. Strange combo, but it looks OK. Anyone ever seen that combo? The car needs new tires, t-belt service, new hood struts, drivers seat belt repaired, "strut rod bushings" ( if such things are replaceable) but otherwise has only 93k kilometers - about 59k miles on it. The price doesn't reflect the work the car needs yet.

Today a borrowed a 98 GS400 from a local dealer overnight. Pearl white with an ivory interior. A bit bland. But boy does that car go! Handles great, excellent brakes, really nice. But it is two inches taller than the 92 LS I have and am keeping, and the road noise is horrible. As is the colour combination.

So I think I like LS's better....unless I find a red GS.

What do you all think? Keep looking, keep the Camaro, or have my head examined? Maybe just buy another first gen LS. I think the first gen looks better than the 95, but that green 98 was a real looker. Too bad about the hits.

I'm losing sleep here. I may begin to hallucinate soon. Help.

i say if you are going with the LS go with a 98 or newer for sure......no sense in getting a gen 2 they really look the same as a gen 1...

98+ are SWEET.........i am kinda looking around to for a Gen 3 myself....i'm just not that serious about it at this point, but it is definately going to be my next car

What do you all think?  Keep looking, keep the Camaro, or have my head examined?  Maybe just buy another first gen LS.  I think the first gen looks better than the 95, but that green 98 was a real looker.  Too bad about the hits.

I'm losing sleep here.  I may begin to hallucinate soon.  Help.

Keep looking; you'll find one. There are tons and tons of used cars out there; you will find the perfect one eventually! I looked at about 6 LS's before I found the right one. Although the 95-7 LS has many of the 90-4 LS design cues, Lexus made all of the right improvements on it like a much more controled ride, worlds of better seats, dual zone climate, gauge cluster needles that last, etc--sadly the chromed exhaust tips are gone. Naturally the later half of the 95-00 run is more desireable with it's amazing front clip and 290hp 4.0 with VVT-i. B)

:cheers:

You know where you need to look? Florida. LOTS of nice very lightly used old people driven LS' in FLorida. I don't know how difficult it would be to get one from FL all the way up to you in BC...

Today I think I found a buyer for the Camaro - and there is a cinnabar/beige GS400 for sale in the next city. Now that's a nice colour combo. Saw one on E-bay a while back.

But you are all right - I will keep looking until I find the car that grabs me. This GS might do that.

Thanks for the advice. I will catch up on my sleep.

But on a modern car, especially a Lexus any sun fade is really going to be negligable on something 3-5 years old. As for the salt rust, maybe but its better than a car from a northern area thats been driven on road salt.

my car can definitely vouch for what Sw03es just said.

hmmmm... I wonder if any of those hurricanes that hit florida did a number to those lexuses that might b selling.