Tail Lights

lextildeath

I have a silver 97 ES. Only exterior mods as of this exact moment are clear corners and front chrome grill inserts. I badly want the 2000-2001 tail lights. Only 1 of the 4 pieces I need is on ebay right now. I've done search engines, and found nothing. Who knows a good website that sells 2000-2001 tail lights? (for a good price too) I don't care if they are newly made reproductions or used or whatever. OR, would any one with a 2000-2001 ES not mind trading tail lights with me? Mine look better anyway. :D

http://www.taprecycling.com/

This is also a salvage yard. They ONLY deal with Lexus and Toyota cars :cheers: . Your not going to see the lights. You may have to call them. You can see what cars they have in the lots. It's sooo sad to see what happened to them :cries: .

I've dealt with them before. They aren't bad. Pretty prompt. So call them and find out.

Then again you always can use the yellow pages that yahoo offers and find out Salvage yards by you in Conn. If you ever stop by NYC, there are TONS of them there too. A lot of LEXI's in NYC... so you can find TONS of parts. I live in Flushing Queens, so one of the Junk Yards is in FLUSHING, by Shea Stadium (METS). good thing i live on the otherside of Flushing cause it's disgusting there :angry: .

Good LUCK.

Also, if you happen to pass by NYC, i can tell you, there are tons of junkyards there too. I don' t know if it's in this forum or the LS forum, but I mentioned if you go to FLUSHING QUEENS they have a lot by Shea Stadium. You will most likely find what your looking for there.

Also if you go to Yahoo Yellowpages... look for the automotive repair shops, if you type in "11358" thats my zip code... you should find a lot of junk yards or repair shops popping up. There are a lot of customizing shops there in NYC too. So you can probably find someone that will sell something your looking for n perhaps modd it for you.

Let me know how thigns work out.

The best I found so far was the site from parkplace. The junkyard didnt have them at this time. But at parkplace, they are brand new and for all 4 pieces it would cost me over $500. DAM. The smaller body attached rear tail lights were 94 each and the decklid ones are 164 each. I was thinking I could just buy the outside small ones and not the big decklid ones. Then I would have mostly white, with only a little piece of orange on each side of the car. Plus from profile, all you see is the white snadwiched between the reds-which is what I care about anyway. Would they match up? Tell me if you think this isnt too bad of an idea. Saves over 300 bucks.

- Thanks.

Stock 1997:

Red Red Red ---------------Red Red Red

Orj Wht Orj ----------------Orj Wht Orj

Red Red Red ---------------Red Red Red

2000-2001:

Red Red Red----------------Red Red Red

Wht Wht Wht----------------Wht Wht Wht

Red Red Red----------------Red Red Red

Putting the small 2000-2001 corner tail lights on a 1997 ES:

Red Red Red------------------------Red Red Red

Wht Wht Orj-------------------------Orj Wht Wht

Red Red Red------------------------Red Red Red

• 2 months later...
Also, if you happen to pass by NYC, i can tell you, there are tons of junkyards there too.  I don' t know if it's in this forum or the LS forum, but I mentioned if you go to FLUSHING QUEENS they have a lot by Shea Stadium.  You will most likely find what your looking for there.

Also if you go to Yahoo Yellowpages... look for the automotive repair shops, if you type in "11358" thats my zip code... you should find a lot of junk yards or repair shops popping up.  There are a lot of customizing shops there in NYC too.  So you can probably find someone that will sell something your looking for n perhaps modd  it for you.

Let me know how thigns work out.

Hi Kcpth, I live in the New York Area and my family lives in Flushing I wanted to know if you can help me find Lexus Es300 00 - 01 tail lights for my 98.

P.S: Just joined this forum and it is amazing! I thought no one out there had mods or ideas for an ES300.

I wanted to know if you can help me find Lexus Es300 00 - 01 tail lights for my 98.

1. ebay, search on lexus ES or lexus ES lights.

2. used, www.car-parts.com when putting in your search info., remember to search for an 01 ES not a 98. This will bring up salvage yards, and many are in the NY/NJ area. You may save on shipping that way.

3. new, www.newlexusparts.com when putting in your search info. click on collison not mechanical.

good luck. I too am in the middle of a model year taillight swap. 05 tails going on an 02.

steviej

good luck.  I too am in the middle of a model year taillight swap.  05 tails going on an 02.

steviej

Hey Steve, I think the '05 tailights have LED tail/brake lights in them, a new feature compared to the previous version of the tails. Just wondering if you're aware of that and if there will be any problems installing them to your ES.

Hey Steve, I think the '05 tailights have LED tail/brake lights in them, a new feature compared to the previous version of the tails.  Just wondering if you're aware of that and if there will be any problems installing them to your ES.

I'm on top of it lexusk8. I believe it is the turn signal (amber) that is the LED.

I think the tail light and brake light bulb are same. When I looked at the wiring diagram at the dealership, there is a new wiring harness that comes with it.

I have talked briefly to one member that has already done this swap.

steviej

Quick question, can the 00-01 ES300 fog lights go on a 98 ES300? ALso what do oyu guys think of the Auto-Couture front bumper?

The fog light question has been brought up numerous times, and the firm answer is no, the '00-'01 fogs won't fit in a stock '97-'99 ES front bumper. You'd have to get a new/used '00-'01 ES front w/ fogs already in them.

The other choice of course is to get a body kit made for the ES (e.g. Auto Couture, Exclusive, Evolution, etc.)