Premium Gas Required?

rustybrick

I read that the SC4's have some kinda apparatus that "retimes the engine" when it detects knock...so if you put in 87, the engine changes in accordance with the "knock (if any!)" ....that's true for the SC400 at least. I honestly am not a believer in premium fuel...I had no difference in performance when I put premium in my SC400. I doubt there will be any engine problems if you use regular. Not to be longwinded, but why would an ES300/330, which uses the same engine as the camry, "require" premium when the camry equivalent engine does not?

ik put premium in my 1990 ES250, surely you are not above putting int in you 05 SC430?

if i had an 05 SC430, i would never put anything less than 93 octane in it...unless i absolutely had to, and then its only 91.

moved to the general maintance section.

This is up to you ,want it to be relable like a lexus then treat it as the service schedule and maintance says.

This is talked about more than 30 times look at the other threads for the answer to your questions

I just think and have heard from some car magazines that you can put in regular, and if it doesn't cause any knock, then stick with it. Although, let's take a 20 gallon tank for example, the extra cost of $.30 for premium versus regular adds up to $6.00? You can justify the cost based on your budget, never let anyone just say "you drive a lexus, you can afford it, you should spring for it." I am very conservative with my money as you can probably tell, so IMO, just go for regular and see if it causes knock. However, most Lexus dealers and gasoline stations will just tell you to go for Premium fuel to support our wonderful little fuel makers.

I read that the SC4's have some kinda apparatus that "retimes the engine" when it detects knock...so if you put in 87, the engine changes in accordance with the "knock (if any!)" ....that's true for the SC400 at least. I honestly am not a believer in premium fuel...I had no difference in performance when I put premium in my SC400. I doubt there will be any engine problems if you use regular. Not to be longwinded, but why would an ES300/330, which uses the same engine as the camry, "require" premium when the camry equivalent engine does not?

I'm not even going to say anything. It's comments like this that *BLEEP* me off, and I would just end up being a :censored: .

You could save even more by skipping oil changes, filters, and other routine mantenance.  When the tires go bald, don't change them either.  No need to do any of that since you don't own the car.  :wacko:

HI, BARTKAT.

I LIKE YOUR INPUTS....SIR :cheers:

Thank you Niko. You Orange County guys are OK. :)

Premium it is.  Just asking.  Thanks for your feedback. :)

on th eSC430, the platform is based of the Toyota Soarer (JDM) IIRC (may not be now, because the design changed) but if it is, the base fuel over there is 91 octane, so it would make sense they require premium, also the CR makes a difference, as do engine materials.