Can I Get Some Advice

lexus lover

o.k all most a year ago i got a 93 LS400.Nice car perfect in and out i love it. Now the car is near 300.000 miles. I have $6.000 and im not sure should i put this money into the car?Or sale it for what i can get off of it and use the money to buy a newer LS or GS with less miles. and if i do sale my car what kind of LS or GS could i get with this kind of money? If i keep my car what things should i do to it? thanks for any help

to tell u the truth i would probably sell it.............close to 300K, i think i would get rid of her and get another one.......

if you can afford it, i would shoot for a 98+ model LS

or you could just keep her, and drive it..........its hard to say........it gonna be up to you to decide what the best call is going to be........

i know this isn't much help..........its just hard to say <_<

thats true... its all dependant upon the shape of your current car. i understand that there are lots of miles on it, but if its in great shape and not in need to too many dire repairs, and you dont see anything going bad anytime soon besides maintanace issues, then keep it. That way you can save up for something bigger and better. might as well get the most out that car now. After 200,000 something miles the value of the car cant really get any worse.

Or buy another car, use this one as a beater! :D

Why get rid of it if you love it and it's perfect? With 12 years and 300k miles under it's belt, not only will it be hard to sell but you also won't get very much for it. These cars can go on forever, and if you are still satisfied with it; then, I'd hang on to it for a while. ;)

On the otherrhand, '95 LS's with under 130k miles are now in the under $10k range, so this might be something for you to look at. Just say you get $3k for your '93 plus your current $6k= $9k which could get you a nice gen II-the cars of the later half of the generation with vvt-i, new front clip, etc. are still well over $15k.

:cheers:

i agree with everything the other guys posted... but just like to remind you too... even if you sell this car, and you buy a newer generation lexus say a Gen 2 that has only 72K - 120k, you are eventually going to have to put in money on possibly new P/S pump, T-Belt, Water Pump, Blacked Out LCD, etc. So all in all, if you do get another car... make sure it has a good upkeep... but that means it will be more $$$$. Either way, even with a good upkeep, time, corrosion, etc. will eat away at some of the faults of the car.

Since you live in MD, you might want to search for a car that hasn't seen that much snow. Living up here, i can tell you, salty roads and not washing the undercarriage of your car can mean nasty things for your car. :blink: Just check a little south if you want. But MD doesn't snow that much, so i guess you don't have to worry too much looking for a car near you... just look for a good conditioned one.

Good Luck B)

o.k all most a year ago i got a 93 LS400.Nice car perfect in and out i love it. Now the car is near 300.000 miles. I have $6.000  and im not sure should i put this money into the car?Or sale it for what i can get off of it and use the money to buy a newer LS or GS with less miles. and if i do sale my car what kind of LS or GS could i get with this kind of money? If i keep my car what things should i do to it? thanks for any help

What have you done to the car ever since you owned it? Does it seem like there are any areas that may need attention on this vehicle? Do you plan on working on your 93 yourself or is a repair shop going to do it for you?

Keep it and see how many miles it will go. It's going to be really hard to sell it with 300k. The good news is that LS's can go forever. Fix what needs fixing, if anything, and save the rest and buy another newer LS.

Yep. A 300,000 mile car would be hard to sell. Probably worth more in parts than trying to find a buyer.

I'd figure with that mileage that the car didn't owe me a thing. I'd drive it till it had a major problem and then figure out if it was worth it to fix it or not. But if it's a nice car and "perfect" like you say, I'd drive her on.

Betcha american car owners would love to share your problem of 300,000 miles. I do have a Ford Diesel truck at 233,000. It is in perfect shape and I'll drive it just like I told you to do with your Lexus till there is a major problem.

What have you done to the car ever since you owned it? Does it seem like there are any areas that may need attention on this vehicle? Do you plan on working on your 93 yourself or is a repair shop going to do it for you?

I try to do the work myself. I think i might need a maf sensor trac light on and check engine light on.

I'd drive it till it breaks down. Like others have said its going to be very hard to sell it and you'd wind up probably having to trade it in, and at that age and mileage its gonna be worth about as much to a dealership whether its running or on a flatbed. I'd drive it till it drops and put that 6k in an interest bearing account until its time to buy something new.