Hey Guys

GSsoldier

hey guys me and my dad decided to get new tires after multiple nails in the first set of tires they lasted us about 4 to 5 years maybe even more, but anywho i got a set of Michelin® Energy MXV4+ P225/60VR16 and i have to tell everyone that driving these tires... wow its like driving a cloud, the response, the lack of resistance, IS GREATT :D :D :D i got to keep these tires for a good long time YES!!! costco is having a michelin sale buy 4 tires, get 60 dollars off, costco in the greater area of sacramento atleast... i love them if u guys are considering tires from costco these are top quality of costco, one of them i think, get them they are NICE...

well guys have a great day

-joe nguyen

EXcellent new there GS :cheers:

My wife just got some Michelins @ Costco for her Sequoia. I too, was impressed by their service. Well, actually, they had to rebalance some tires twice...........but they were nice and quick!!!

And they use a Hand Torque Wrench!!!! :cheers:

I've got those exact same tires, and I love them! Though, I find that they can be a little noisey on some rough roads, but overall, they are good performers and very low maintinance tires(they wear like nothing I've seen before-so even!, always in balance, and align beautifully!)! The previous owner of my car said he's bought the Energies a couple of times because he got 65k on his last two sets of them(mainly hwy miles though)! :o I'll probabaly get them again when these wear out.

:cheers:

Thats why they're a little bit loud, long wearing =harder rubber=louder tire. Its a tradeoff. Probably the quietest tires in this class are the Dunlop Sp Sport 4000s and 5000s, but they only last 20k at most. Thats one thing I will give Michelin, they're the best at doing the long life=as quiet as it can possibly be. A lot of companies (like Continental for instance) have high mile tires that are really loud. My Toyos are nice and quiet and have a 60k warranty but from what I've heard from people they don't last that long...

well i dont know if u were asking me but i was sitting on 3 of bf goodrich tires and 1 goodeagle, something like that, my cars tires have lasted me a while and theyw ere beyond repair, the set of 4 cost about 610 with tax and discount, paying out of my butt though soo expensive... but worht it!!! the dunlops are the OEM ones arent they??

$610 is nothin. Try replacing the tires on an SC430 or an LS430 with 18s, looking at a grand and they only last 20k miles. My tires were $650 and I GLADLY paid it!

They had a whole bunch of different tires as OEM. Originally they were Goodyear Eagle's then Dunlop was added, some are Bridgestones, Toyos and Michelin.

After my experience with the stock Potenza RE92s on my car I will never buy another Bridgestone tire.

Okay, Looks like I need to re-think this. The car has Dunlop SP5000's on it now.

I have no complaints about them. They wear out quickly,longer tread life would be nice. A quiet, smooth ride with traction and long wear is what's needed. Maybe the Michelin tire is the answer. Thanks..

What a terrific forum this lexusownersclub is, I finally had to break down and join. My two cents on tires is this (at least for a 93 ls400) I had Pirellis on and when it came time to change, I researched the heck out of tirerack.com. I bought Yokohamas Avid V4s. They are V rated, relatively cheap (Discount Tire beat the tire rack price- about $400 out the door) but more more than that, they are QUIET at least so far they are- about 2500 miles. They are also rated as a very long wearing tire. Rather than take my word for it, I would go to the customer survey results at tirerack.com and compare them to other tires in the category. Also compare them to the Michelins. Comparatively speaking, I feel like I'm driving my living room.

What a terrific forum this lexusownersclub is, I finally had to break down and join. My two cents on tires is this (at least for a 93 ls400) I had Pirellis on and when it came time to change, I researched the heck out of tirerack.com. I bought Yokohamas Avid V4s. They are V rated, relatively cheap (Discount Tire beat the tire rack price- about $400 out the door) but more more than that, they are QUIET at least so far they are- about 2500 miles. They are also rated as a very long wearing tire. Rather than take my word for it, I would go to the customer survey results at tirerack.com and compare them to other tires in the category. Also compare them to the Michelins. Comparatively speaking, I feel like I'm driving my living room.

I'm a new member also. "Welcome to the Club".

The reason this forum is so great is because of all the contributing people who take the time to reply to these questions with very helpful and useful information.

Thanks everyone! :cheers:

gojo- Look into the Toyo Proxes TPT, really quiet and smooth tire with a 60k warranty and the best customer satisfaction rate in the tire industry, better than Michelin who is #2. They're also about $50 a tire less than the Michelins.

As for TireRack you can't really take their surveys for much. For one thing they aren't fair, they compare tires that have vastly different numbers of miles reported as if they were equal. For instance one tire with maybe 10 surveys responded and 40,000 miles looks awesome compared to another tire, except that THAT tire has 80 surveys and 10 million miles reported. More surveys will always level out the results.

welcomce to the forums gojo, and plexus93 :D

Toyo Proxes TPT, really quiet and smooth tire with a 60k warranty and the best customer satisfaction rate in the tire industry, better than Michelin who is #2. They're also about $50 a tire less than the Michelins.

haha i wish u had said something before, SW03ES hehe its all cool though been doing some rain driving lately, not soo much hydroplaning as much before, michelins are freaking awsome, and i dont notice much tire sounds, maybe its cus im deaf though :D

-joe nguyen

The Michelins you have are a decent tire for sure......a bit pricey mind you compared to what else you could have purchased as SW mentioned the Toyo Proxes TPT should have been considered as well. I've had both on my 01 ES & the Toyo's trump the Michelins bigtime in all categories of traction, handling, mileage as well as price.

:cheers:

Plexus, man I got a rush from you. I spent sveral days (at work) researching tires, and reading thingsm and looking on consumer reports and I settled on the Yokohama Avids when I replace my tires next spring. My complements on an excellent call. And I welcome you to LOC.