What Did You Drive?

Husker4theSpurs

Just curious to see:

How happy people are who came from a sedan as opposed to a more traditional truck/RV ... I was just interested to see if it affects how people perceive the RX.

Like if you had a sedan maybe you don't like it as much as someone coming from a truck.

I have a Ford Sport Trac and I think I want the RX b/c it's still a little bit like an SUV yet has a more car-like ride, plus a little better fuel economy than I currently have.

Any opinons?

Drove a Buick Park Avenue....very luxurious american car...decided to move up to a car-like SUV. Much nicer interior in the lexus, not to mention, a nice view since you are sitting higher up! Also, since i drive the AWD version, it'll be a lot smoother to drive during the winter months B)

Hey Huskers,

I had previously had a Pontiac Bonneville before I bought my 2001 Rx-300.

My wife had/has a Nissan Altima V-6, so we were basically a sedan family. I

had owned a Ford F-150 truck previous to my Pontiac. Liked the truck, I could

go anywhere, didn't like the looks though, and it was dependable. I was just

thrilled to have gotten over 100K. First time that ever happened.

I decided on getting an SUV for a few reasons. First, I don't generally

drive long distances as a rule. Fuel mileage wasn't a high priority. Secondly,

I really liked being up higher from the road (getting older I felt like I was

sitting so low). And probably third, all the vehicles I bought had little trade-in

value. I had looked at value when I trade as a significant point.

Back to the truck, I missed having a truck in the family. Seems the family

member with the truck got all the odd errands. Now, I have the flexiblity to

tot stuff around more easily.

PharmGuy

My primary vehicle is a Dodge Ram 1500 series with a 5.9 litre V8 that will absolutely fly. I've always preferred "Big Iron", but I'm 6'7" and 245 pounds so I need every bit of headroom and legroom I can get. Our RX300 is my wife's primary vehicle and I've always perceived it as a woman's car. In our neck of the woods, more than 90% of the RXs you see on the road are being driven by women. On the rare occasions I drive my wife's RX, I look like a clown getting out of those tiny little cars that run around the three-ring circus at the Ringling Brothers shows....

I previously drove a 1995 Lexus ES300 that was purchased in 1999. I loved my sedan, but unfortunately I was in a collison and my car was a total loss. I only had two more payments and it would have been paid for. That stung! My ES was the first really nice car I had ever owned. Looking for a new vehicle was not something I was looking forward to. I did decide that since I would have to replace it I wanted an SUV. I had purchased the ES300 from Lexus as a CPO with 34,000 miles and it only had 65,000 when it was totaled.

I decided to take a look at the CPO RX300. That is what I ended up buying after looking at many other SUV's. I am very happy with my choice. It is just the right size for me and I really enjoy driving it. I liked my ES300 and would still be driving it if not for the accident, but I do admit that I am enjoying the RX300 much more!! :cheers:

I had 1999 White RX300. I was in a collison and my car was a total loss. I did not have that much time to review. I loved my RX300 so much, that's why I bought new RX330. I did test drive Infinity FX before but because of RX300 that I had. I bought RX330 without test drive.

I believed RX330 series must be much superior than 300 but......

Still I think my old RX300 is better. :cries: Infinity FX is nice car too.

I had a 2001 Honda CR-V. I only had it for about 9 months before I traded it in on our 2000 RX300. The CR-V was so "tin-canny" and underpowered that I couldn't stand it any longer. I always wanted one but then after having it a little while, I began to like it less and less. It was a terrible road car; noisy and too light to withstand the wake of passing trucks or high crosswinds. The worse thing was that it was terrible on gas, which was probably the biggest disappointment of all. The RX is everything I had hoped the Honda would be -- and MUCH MUCH MORE!

Traded a 2000 Oldmobile Siloquette with 18k on the odometer. Mini-vans for 10 years was enough and were really exicted about the RX330. Didn't need 7-passenger seating afterall.

I didn't really get to drive until I returned from Iraq. As the months went on, I have an issue that prompted us to sell or trade the RX. But, we really haven't found anything that comes close so looks like the RX will be with us for quite a while.

One way of dealing with the shifting issue is I just manually shift between 3rd through 5th and don't change to the next higher gear until the engine is at 3000rpms. That technique makes it tollerable and the engine seems to like it. ;)

I traded in my 94 Eldorado 145,000 miles great car but I had the infamous oil leak that the engine has to be pulled to fix. Talk about a car with power, If you have never driven a cadillac with a Northstar engine you won't believe how fast these cars are. I still own a C-RV but my son who is away at college is using it, also have A 96 Accord EX-V6 that is my dailey driver the wife got the RX and I lost the Eldo :-( .

Jeff

I drove a 98 5 series BMW which handled and performed excellent. Then, we bought a 2001 ML 430 Mercedes which was 4x4 with the v8. You sit up much higher than the rx and it felt extremely solid, but the lexus is a much smoother car like drive. The Mercedes drove great, but after owning it one month, spending 2000$ on a transmission (wouldn't shift out of high gear) problem which still was not fixed -- I got rid of it! There is a huge difference in discussion between the lexus and mercedes and BMW (X5) Board. The problems people have with the Mercedes MLs are unbelieveable??!!!

In our neck of the woods, more than 90% of the RXs you see on the road are being driven by women. 

Not Surprising for me ... considering the fact that 90% of SUVs(incl. those trucks made by GMC) in my neighbourhood are driven by women.