Thinking Of Lowering

i was thinking of dropping my 96 sc300 1" using eibach springs. i think 1" would be fine but then again i may step up to 1.5". i just have a few questions so i can make a better decision on this.

1st ?: can i put the springs on first without changing the struts? if so then tokico blues would come later

2nd ?: how would 1.5" affect handling compared to the 1" drop?

3rd ?: what do the ricers do that screw up thier ride so that when they hit a bump they bounce for the next five miles?(mainly so i can avoid looking that silly) thanks.

i was thinking of dropping my 96 sc300 1" using eibach springs.  i think 1" would be fine but then again i may step up to 1.5".  i just have a few questions so i can make a better decision on this. 

1st ?:  can i put the springs on first without changing the struts?  if so then tokico blues would come later

2nd ?:  how would 1.5"  affect handling compared to the 1" drop? 

3rd ?: what do the ricers do that screw up thier ride so that when they hit a bump they bounce for the next five miles?(mainly so i can avoid looking that silly)  thanks.

1: Yes, i would suggest you do both at the same time though, saves ALOT of time and trouble. I went ahead and put tokico blues on mine without doing a spring upgrade, but now i regret not doing both at the same time and im not looking forward to ripping it all out again.

2. stiffer, be more weary of bumps and high waters.

3. they cut their springs and usually do not change out the shocks. leaves for a terrible terrible ride.

I agree..do both and it will save you on labor. But if you must go w/ just springs the prokits will work w/ the stock shocks (as long as they are still good) as there spring rates are not too stiff. I dont know of a 1.5" spring (who makes that)? But i would presume that rate would be stiffer and eventually strain your shocks to the point that they will need replacenment a few months after spring install.

i did a supra drop on my car and its pretty damn low.. it says 1.3 in front and .9 in back. However the supra shocks lower it an extra .5 inches.. so im about 2 in the front and 1.4 in back.. The car look really good tho! i like it more than the one inch drop all the way around.. Although there is a downside, i do feel the road a little more (i also have 18" on there) and if im not careful on big speed bumps i can bottom out. But hey i like the results alot! Im using bilstien shocks (i thinkim one of the only people using them) and eibach pro-kit- (supra n/a). and the car can take turns so much better than before... the improvement is unbelievable! hope that helps!

Mr. O

I'm the same as MR. O. I use the supra Tokico Illuminas spring set up that get the car is like 2" low in front and like 1.5" rear. The thing about Tokico Illuminas is that you can just the stiffness of your ride. I also put on JIC STB and rolling on 19" wheels and the ride is kick !Removed!. Just watch out for the big pot hole or bumb that might mess up the rims otherwise its handle like a Porshe :D good luck with your set up.

You could go with the new Tein Basic coilovers. prostreetonline has them for $641 which makes them only slightly more expensive than Eibachs w/ new struts. The ride is comparable to Eibachs and you can adjust the height (obviously). here's the link.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/tein%5F...ilovers/toyota/

To get them for $641, use coupon code HT5D.

You could go with the new Tein Basic coilovers. prostreetonline has them for $641 which makes them only slightly more expensive than Eibachs w/ new struts. The ride is comparable to Eibachs and you can adjust the height (obviously). here's the link.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/tein%5F...ilovers/toyota/

To get them for $641, use coupon code HT5D.

I wish i new this before i bought mine :censored: