Trunk Leak

lexus400

Has anyone had a leak in their trunk that they've figured out ? I've been trying to solve my leak (trunk seal looks like it's brand new). It's running down the inside and into the spare tire well. It rained about 3" last night and had at least that much inside the wheel so it's no small leak. Any ideas ?

thanks,

Bob

a shot in the dark........

But maybe your drains from the sunroof are plugged; and the water is backing up and running into the trunk area????????

you can get some bailing wire and run down the drain lines from the sunroof to clear out.....

Good Luck!

Don't know what year you have but mine is a 90 and I had the same issue. The drain pipe form the power antenna is SUPPOSED to run down to the lower drain below it. I found that the pipe had come out of the drain and was running water into the lower left trunk portion. Once that got full it would run into the tire compartment in the center. Take out the floor panel and the left side panel ( you will have to remove the screws around the tool box)(check the right too if the left isnt having a problem) along with the floor plastic side inserts. Hope that fixes it for you.

Gee ylekiot1 (Toby),

I should have been bringing the old LS to you for service all those years before I sold it to you - except you might have been in grade school or jr. high when I bought it in 1990.

Guys, when "ylekiot1" speaks, you might want to listen to him. He has found solutions to several nagging problems on that 90 LS that neither dealer or independent repair shops could figure out.

Toby, should I bring my 2000 LS to you for its next service? ;)

Jim

Gee ylekiot1 (Toby),

I should have been bringing the old LS to you for service all those years before I sold it to you - except you might have been in grade school or jr. high when I bought it in 1990.

Guys, when "ylekiot1" speaks, you might want to listen to him. He has found solutions to several nagging problems on that 90 LS that neither dealer or independent repair shops could figure out.

Toby, should I bring my 2000 LS to you for its next service? ;)

Jim

Ahh,

That makes sense!! Jim, since our do not have a "antenna" - I didn't think about that possiblity (forgot it was on older models.....)

:cheers: