Mesh Grille

SW03ES

Hey everyone...

One thing I've never been thrilled with on my ES is the black eggcrate plastic grille that exists on the bumper opening, I was thinking a nice close woven mesh grille there instead might look good, what does everyone think?

You know, I wish that someone on the board would post pictures of something like this pretending not to be associated with the company thats making them. Darn! ;)

LOL, all kidding aside it might look interesting, maybe powder coated black or something. That plastic grille not only looks kinda cheap but its IMPOSSIBLE to clean.

You know, I wish that someone on the board would post pictures of something like this pretending not to be associated with the company thats making them. Darn! ;)

LOL, all kidding aside it might look interesting, maybe powder coated black or something. That plastic grille not only looks kinda cheap but its IMPOSSIBLE to clean.

Nice try again ;) -SW03ES

• 1 year later...

There are lots of options to chrome the grille.

To me none look that nice.

You can buy the vinyl slats off of eBay and apply them.

You can chrome the whole grille which might be tough as it is an alloy of neither pure aluminum with no steel. I could not weld that !Removed! for the life of me ,nothing would stick.

You cane buy chrome mesh from most stores and wrap your original grille with it.

Hey everyone...

One thing I've never been thrilled with on my ES is the black eggcrate plastic grille that exists on the bumper opening, I was thinking a nice close woven mesh grille there instead might look good, what does everyone think?

What do they actually look like on the car? :unsure:

:cheers: