Tune Up And Another Question

kyle0k

ok well i have a 96 es300,80 housand miles. is it worth it to do a tune up? liek isnt i 400 dollars?what will they do on the tuneup

also i got a question. how bad is it florring the car and takingt it up to liek 6K

i know its bad but i sometimes do it every once in a while liek race my friends and *BLEEP*. is it really bad to do it once in a while. like maybe once a week i do it in a day like 8 times.so rthatds liek 32 times a month.

im getting worried b\c i jsut got the car and my dad has had it for liek 5years and he said he hasnt fixed liek anything. nothing has broken. and that worries me. b\c its liek the longer u drive without getting a speeding ticket,the more and more u know u are about to get one.(Thats of course if u speed)

so its something liek that. im worried. what kind of things should i check that can fail.

first take off the weapon r intake and put it if not throw it in the garbage

second

gunning the engine at wot is good to blow out carbon build up and the engine needs a good blow out every so often.

the problem is holding the gas pedal during shifts which will eat your tranny.

first take off the weapon r intake and put it if not throw it in the garbage

second

gunning the engine at wot is good to blow out carbon build up and the engine needs a good blow out every so often.

the problem is holding the gas pedal during shifts which will eat your tranny.

haha,u and hating on the intake. i would NEVER throw it out. even if it lessened my horses slightly. the sound is amazing. i love the sound especially the highway.

but i understand its good everyonce in a while but i was iuunderimpression that taking it to 6k liek that like wore away the engine liek crazy,might be wrong though.

so holding WOT while it switches gears is really that bad? i mean it doesnt rev it or anything in between the gears. what bout when it drops a gear. liek at 25 going WOT it drops to first. is that extremely bad then too.

If you haven't done a complete tune up (or the previous owner hasen't) it might be a good idea considering the year of the car. I'd change the spark plugs, fuel filter, PCV valve, air filter (unless it's re-usable) and consider having a professional fuel injection flush.

:cheers:

It depends if you do it yourself.....you just out of pocket for the parts of course, the fuel injection flush I'm guessing $80 - 120. Also depends if you take it to the Lexus dealer or your own independent mechanic......perhaps even a Toyota dealer might be able to do it cheaper as the Camry V6 is pretty much the same.

i just called my dealer and they said their hourly rate is 85 dolalrs,so i see thats about average.

and my tuneup woudl cost almost 700 dollars!?!?!!!!!!!!!

definatly not getting a tuneup:).

ill prabably jsut buy some spark plugs myself(my dad said hes never changed them!),i got a new filter already.

i dont know what the pvc valave is,or how important it is. and how important the fuel filter is.

also how important is the fuel injection flush.

honoestly i dont really care about doing things that would make my car run faster. its a es300 and ive come to understand that its luxewry car,dont care about how fast it is.

so really im trying to jsut do things that would further ensure things wouldnt fail\break.

i was thinking about selling my es300 b\c im 16 so i have a big itch for something stick and fast. but i kknow for my 96 es300 with 62000 miles i would only get liek 8 thousand(salvage) so i woudlnt be able to get anything good anyways unless it woudl be a older car,which i woudlnt want.

the best part of the lexus is that i always have peopel say,wow youve got a lexus!! looks great. when they dont reallyrealize the their car is most liekly worth more then mine,but noone really knows all that. so its great:)

oh and btw,nobody think i forgot about me doign angel eyes on my car. i have got all the parts needed,and the car is fully mine now so i jsut need to find time to do it(school is jsut about to start tomarow). once i do it ill put up pics and such.

ok well i have a 96 es300,80 housand miles. is it worth it to do a tune up? liek isnt i 400 dollars?what will they do on the tuneup

also i got a question. how bad is it florring the car and takingt it up to liek 6K

i know its bad but i sometimes do it every once in a while liek race my friends and *BLEEP*. is it really bad to do it once in a while. like maybe once a week i do it in a day like 8 times.so rthatds liek 32 times a month.

im getting worried b\c i jsut got the car and my dad has had it for liek 5years and he said he hasnt fixed liek anything. nothing has broken. and that worries me. b\c its liek the longer u drive without getting a speeding ticket,the more and more u know u are about to get one.(Thats of course if u speed)

so its something liek that. im worried. what kind of things should i check that can fail.

1. Abusing an engine isn't good for it.

2. You'll be taken a lot more seriously in your life if you learn to write and spell.

PCV valve is part of the tune up process......it's regular maintenence...it won't make the car go faster, the tune up will help make the car drive & run as it was designed & built by Lexus to. The PCV valve is one of the most inexpensive parts to boot. B)

1. Abusing an engine isn't good for it.

2. You'll be taken a lot more seriously in your life if you learn to write and spell.

#2 -> i've been aching to say that. The way things are stated makes me not pay attention as much.

ok im sorry for the spelling mistakes. i usually always type really fast without looking and thats why i make alot of spelling mistakes. not b\c i dont know how to spell words but b\c i always somehow press the wrong button.

lmao

Say you went to the school of SK and have a bachelors

lmao

who cares if you understand what is being meant.

No one says you have to read it , it is free advise and info.

Yet the same people who whine and nit pick about the stupidest thigns are always the first to acept any help they can get when they need it.

live and let live.

btw get a motorvac to get the max horsepower you can

after driving CLK's,E's,S' 55 and 65's as well as a few 745's at work i now have come to realise my car is slow as !Removed! .It will never be fast even if it is the fastest apple the oranges have my asss beat.

I do same thing online, Always seem to misspell the easiest words, as long as people understand what I m trying to say, its all good

That will tend to lead people to believe that details are not important to you.

People will have a tendency to not read your posts because they don't want to decipher the hidden words.

What does it take but a few seconds to proof read a post before hitting Send Message?

This is a serious automotive enthusiatst's website not high school IM-ing class.

I have always been told that if you want to be perceived as credible, then take the time to present yourself as credible in anything you do.

steviej

lmao

Say you went to the school of SK and have a bachelors

lmao

who cares if you understand what is being meant.

No one says you have to read it , it is free advise and info.

Yet the same people who whine and nit pick about the stupidest thigns are always the first to acept any help they can get when they need it.

I made a simple observation that if the person wants any credibility in life, they should learn to write and spell. That's an accurate statement.

Sure, they may not care if people can understand their post here. If so, why bother posting?

Communication is critical - in EVERY aspect of life. If you don't care enough to even make a modest attempt to communicate well, why should anyone bother with you?

Note that I'm not talking about perfection. But the original post looked like it was written by a slow second grader. I doubt if that's the way the person wants to be perceived.

Agreed, & the more detailed a post is the easier it is to assist others with their concerns. I find people get annoyed (as an example) when a member post's something "I need tires for my car" please help :blink: ......details everyone! B)

(school is jsut about to start tomarow).

Make sure you take an English class. heehee :D

The English class would help.

The Lexus ES is a luxury car not a race car. A major tune-up every 60K, oil change every 3 - 4 thousand miles and rotate tires at oil changes. I purchased a 93 Es300 back in 93, have 286,000 miles, in excellent condition. 5 yr tune-up $600-700 (every 60,000 mi) I take it in once a year for a check-up, about $265.00. Necessary adjustments are made at that time until the major tune-up.