Where To Get Lexus/toyota Parts

slate67

I am going out on a limb here to ask a very basic question but it stems from a feeling of frustration. Where is the best place to buy Lexus/Toyota parts/lubricants online? I cannot get my hands on Toyota branded 5W30 at the toyota dealership :angry: , cannot get any of the filters that I need (except the oil filter), and need some guidance. Is there a one stop shop website or d I need to get different items from different sites? Thanks for the help.

Try a different dealership. On another note, don't buy into that "only Genuine Toyota 5w-30" motor oil should be used.

Go to Auotzone, Walmart, etc, get Castrol, ExxonMobil, get whatever is on sale.

Please don't start this "what oil should I use" nonsense, as it has been beaten to death. Use the search function, as there are a multitude of threads discussing this exact subject.

As for filters and parts, I don't know why your Toyota dealership can't cross reference the parts. All the Toyo dealers here are able to.

Some reputable on line Lexus parts dealers are:

www.irontoad.com

www.lexus-parts.com

www.carsontoyota.com

steviej

Where is the best place to buy Lexus/Toyota parts/lubricants online?

Champion Toyota in Houston offers a 20-25% discount off the retail price and will ship genuine Toyota fluids and lubes via UPS Ground. Bob Bridge Toyota 1-888-271-3948 offers a whopping 29% off, but will only ship parts, not fluids.

Lexus and Toyota sometimes use different part numbers for the same parts so It takes some time and research to figure out which parts cross over to which and sometimes there is no crossover. Example: The air filter used in the '90-'97 Lexus V8's is not the same one thats used in any V8 Toyotas because no Toyota vehicles even had a V8 engine until the Land Cruiser got one in 1998. So that means the air filter for the '90-'97 Lexus V8's is only used in Lexus vehicles and therefore must be purchased from a Lexus dealer.

Toyota and Lexus claim genuine Toyota motor oil is "specially formulated by Toyota for Toyota vehicles." I believe Toyota. Other's here think the Toyota motor oil might be just a rebottled and relabeled existing motor oil like Mobil Drive Clean. So far no one has conducted a virgin oil analysis of Toyota Motor Oil to verify whether or not it is chemically different or chemically identical to any existing brand of motor oil. We do know Toyota contracts ExxonMobil to formulate genuine Toyota Motor Oil to Toyota's specifications. And we also know the price Toyota dealers charge for genuine Toyota Motor Oil ($1.39 to $1.99 per quart) which is about the same that Autozone / Pep Boys type stores charge for Mobil Drive Clean 5W-30, Chevron Supreme 5W-30, etc.

The part number of genuine Toyota Motor Oil 5W-30 is 00279-1QT5W and any toyota dealer can order it in one quart bottles from their regional distribution center.

It's just re-bottled Mobil conventional oil :rolleyes: I'd like to see what special ingredents "Genuine Toyota motor oil" has over the regular Mobil dino stuff. That expression from Toyota SOUNDS important......it isn't :chairshot: It's just a different colour bottle with a different label. One can't try & tell me that Exxon-Mobil would go through all that trouble to "reformulate" a totally different conventional oil specifically for Toyota vehicles & charge the exact same as their regular stuff. If I can quote my favourite Comedian George Carlin here: "It's the packaging & marketing of bull :censored: , high quality bull :censored: world class designer bull :censored: to be sure........hospital tested, clinically proven bull :censored: ! but bull :censored: nonetheless". ;) :D

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...