Insight On A Ls 400

P-Funk69

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a 91-93 LS 400. Is there any major problems that this car has or anything i should be looking for. I know this is an old car, but i think this car is a tank. I called my local lexus dealership, they said no tranny or engine problems. They had one customer who has 450,000km's on their LS and no signs of going.

Thanks

many previous threads on this subject. instead of telling you to do a search for this, i have done the leg work for you:

New To Lexus And Forum - What year LS 400 should I purchase?

Need Suggestions - wanna buy a 90 LS400

1992 Ls400 Questions

I Need Some Advice

Buying Ls400

Looking To Buy 1992 Ls 400 - 1992 v. 1994

Looking To Buy Ls400

How Long Can A 91 Ls400 Go?

Considering 1991 Ls400 Purchase

Considering A Purchase - High mile LS400

i'd say go for a 93 or 94, but read up and you'll be able to decide for yourself.

WOW! :o Very nice work guys! :D I wonder if a mod could pin this thread since it is such a common topic. <_<

:cheers:

I agree. I can see myself asking the same question if I was going to buy a used or even new car.

WandaWoods, thats a lot of good info, I'm really impressed. I think everyone here will apreciate your work as much I do. B)

WandaWoods, thats a lot of good info, I'm really impressed. I think everyone here will apreciate your work as much I do. B)

what about me?? it took me forever to find all those stupid threads! :D

yes, definatly should be pinned as a common topic b/c it is!!

1UZ-FE,

folks may not say it outright, but of course, your effort is wholeheartedly appreciated by many!

I do think it's a good ideal to pin it because these pre-purchase advise seeking, a smart move by any buyer I might add, are just keep coming up....

Of course, 1UZ-FE mad props to you too for finding those threads and responded in less than 2-hours to the this topic. Its not easy to find exactly what you are looking for in the forums right away. Thats what LOC is all about.

:cheers:

there are just too many of em but i will see what i can do:)

here is what i think, one of you should create a specific thread, and i will pin it.

:D

you should name it smth like Bying LS: hints howtos and advices.

Any reason why you have eliminated the 1990 model, since they are the same as the 1990-92 models?

Common problems:

A/C, front suspension / steering bushings, instrument cluster lights / needles, climate LCD display, power antenna, and something I hear of some wires damaged at the trunk hinge that shows "lights out" warning light.

Parts/repair costs can be EXTREMELY expensive!!!! $$$$

My car has the following problems:

A/C evaporator, clunking front suspension, front struts need replaced (ride too firm in the front), power antenna will not retract without a little push, starter has an occasional "stick" to it and it needs tires (they are cupped) because of no alignment after new rear struts. Lexus said to wait, wear the tires out, have new tires installed and re-aligned..... Other than that, @ 230K it is great - smooth engine, smooth transmission.

Any reason why you have eliminated the 1990 model, since they are the same as the 1990-92 models?

and also the 94? 90-92 are the same as well as 93-94. I have a 94 with 167k miles. the ONLY problems i have are: creaking front end - upper control arms (costly and unnecessary to replace); noisy power steering pump - indie shop rebuilt PS pump and filled with tranny fluid-no biggie; gas milage - need to replace wires, cap & rotor; and......THATS IT!! I got lucky with my LS! many have burned out LCD screens, AC problems, instrument cluster light/needle problems, antenna problems...the list goes on and on, but i got the LS with the fewest problems and i'm really picky.

P-Funk69 - please give us an update and ask any question u like. we're happy to help.

there are just too many of em but i will see what i can do:)

here is what i think, one of you should create a specific thread, and i will pin it.

:D

you should name it smth like Bying LS: hints howtos and advices.

VMF,

I have done a new post as you suggested:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...howtopic=11775&

please do consider to pin it, and feel free to edit contents or title as u see fit!

thanks a lot!

hey wanda, the only thing i edited is my nick which u spelled incorrectly 2 times:)

thanx for a good topic, its already pinned :D

VMF, thanks for the correction, u r the best! ;)

please do call me Chong or CW....